What did you do today?

topcabron

Well I think I might be able to get 4, I only got 3 so far (but was tired when I did them). I have tendonitis in my forearms from too many heavy pullups lately, so I am going to switch to body weight ones for awhile.

Rawr,

Last time I tried reps with a 45 pound plate I got 13. I am hoping to get that up to 15 in the near future.

yeah thats awesome. how is your leg development? I know you said you had a back injury that prevented you from doing squats/deads? I think I might have a problem as well since my lower back is always tense or in slight pain.. I hope I didn't mess it up by going too hard too soon on deadlifts for all those years.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah thats awesome. how is your leg development? I know you said you had a back injury that prevented you from doing squats/deads? I think I might have a problem as well since my lower back is always tense or in slight pain.. I hope I didn't mess it up by going too hard too soon on deadlifts for all those years.

My legs are strong, but I dont have a lot of mass on them. I have relatively large calves and my legs have grown quite a bit over the last couple of years even despite my issues, but they are definitely not anything impressive even though I put as much effort as I can given my limitations. The muscles on the outside of my upper leg are lagging the inside I believe due to genetics as well as my current limitations. My back problems were not really caused from 1 event. I think a lot of it is hereditary and made worse by all the long distance running I was doing, and I was also lifting a lot of heavy weights in positions that put a lot of downward pressure on my lower discs.

I can still dunk a basketball on a 10 ft goal at the end of my bulk so I am happy enough with my leg progression. When I was in highschool I did high jump and cleared 6 foot 6 inches and got top 3 in every varsity track meet I was in during my junior and senior year. Our high school was one of the largest in Texas, with like 5000 studends at the time, and the meets were usually against 20+ other large schools with easily 30-40 high jumpers. I wanst a phenom or anything, but had a lot of jumping ability. Being 6'3 and 130 pounds at the time, I could touch my elbow on the rim, do 360 dunks etc. I was a decent ball player too, but was too small obviously way too small to do it in college.

My legs are strong, but I dont have a lot of mass on them. I have relatively large calves and my legs have grown quite a bit over the last couple of years even despite my issues, but they are definitely not anything impressive even though I put as much effort as I can given my limitations. The muscles on the outside of my upper leg are lagging the inside I believe due to genetics as well as my current limitations. My back problems were not really caused from 1 event. I think a lot of it is hereditary and made worse by all the long distance running I was doing, and I was also lifting a lot of heavy weights in positions that put a lot of downward pressure on my lower discs.

I can still dunk a basketball on a 10 ft goal at the end of my bulk so I am happy enough with my leg progression. When I was in highschool I did high jump and cleared 6 foot 6 inches and got top 3 in every varsity track meet I was in during my junior and senior year. Our high school was one of the largest in Texas, with like 5000 studends at the time, and the meets were usually against 20+ other large schools with easily 30-40 high jumpers. I wanst a phenom or anything, but had a lot of jumping ability. Being 6'3 and 130 pounds at the time, I could touch my elbow on the rim, do 360 dunks etc. I was a decent ball player too, but was too small obviously way too small to do it in college.

I hate you. :icon_mrgreen: I could only dunk on 9 foot and 2 hands. Impressive.

delete if not cool - a lot of thinking of doing a cycle lately. Never tried anything but after years of lifting and been plagued by injuries or sickness once I start getting progress and losing it all over and over I am thinking of just doing 1 and seeing if it can jumpstart the system.. but every single time I tconsider it I hear things about it that I don't like...plus I have 2 people who know this stuff well and say to not do it, even BMWRACER here says stay away too.. in South Florida like 70% of dudes juice so it's very common I figure I'd see a lot of sideeffects if there were any.. so far the veins and the bacne is a dead giveaway but there are so many other things that can go wrong I wonder if it's worth it...

Not worth it! Hard work + diet + consistent raining will pay off without any possible side effects!

Another vote for the NO column then..

here is some great info on shoulders and why so many people have troubles with them, myself included...

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_articl...houlder_shocker

It's pretty much agreed upon by everybody that long term juicing is bad for you. What's up for debate is short term usage...and what exactly is short term? A few months, a month, a few weeks?

I don't recommend it. The ideal physique for most guys that want to be big are usually not as big as the goals of guys who are obsessed with being huge.

And in most cases, if a man and a woman could be sculpting the body of an ideal guy, the man will almost always make him bigger than the female ideal. The only time I see girls going ga ga over huge guys is when I watch Jersey Shore. :lol2:

The only thing you need steroids for is to become ginormous in that Incredible Hulk type way....is that what you really want?

I personally dont see anything wrong with steroid use, if done correctly, I think its relatively safe and obviously effective. I havent gone down that road, because I dont see the point. I am not going to be some top bodybuilder or a strong man winner even if I took every steroid on earth. I also think they can be a slippery slope that leads to abuse and nothing ever being good enough. I get a lot of satisfaction of seeing what I can achieve naturally, and as long as I am always improving myself, that is enough for me.

I personally dont see anything wrong with steroid use, if done correctly, I think its relatively safe and obviously effective. I havent gone down that road, because I dont see the point. I am not going to be some top bodybuilder or a strong man winner even if I took every steroid on earth. I also think they can be a slippery slope that leads to abuse and nothing ever being good enough. I get a lot of satisfaction of seeing what I can achieve naturally, and as long as I am always improving myself, that is enough for me.

:iamwithstupid:

Totally agree

Killer workout last night. Did legs...

Highlights:

Squats: 335 x 7 clean, 8x with a spot

Leg press: 18 plates x 7 clean, 8x with a spot

Also got in touch with a bench coach and he will show me some bench tips to up my weight. I will share the info next Monday after our meeting. =)

Ran intervals and my chest workout sucked. Did 110s for 10 and 125s for 7 on flat and top set on incline was 100s for 9. Weak shit. Diet is clean as a mother right now though, so I'm looking pretty lean.

Heading out of town tomorrow so I'm hoping to stay disciplined enough to not screw up my progress with bad food or too much alcohol while gone. Planning on working out Fri/Sat/Sun.

Killer workout last night. Did legs...

Highlights:

Squats: 335 x 7 clean, 8x with a spot

Leg press: 18 plates x 7 clean, 8x with a spot

Also got in touch with a bench coach and he will show me some bench tips to up my weight. I will share the info next Monday after our meeting. =)

Nice workout. What kind of leg press is it?

Ran intervals and my chest workout sucked. Did 110s for 10 and 125s for 7 on flat and top set on incline was 100s for 9. Weak shit. Diet is clean as a mother right now though, so I'm looking pretty lean.

Heading out of town tomorrow so I'm hoping to stay disciplined enough to not screw up my progress with bad food or too much alcohol while gone. Planning on working out Fri/Sat/Sun.

Traveling always kills my diet and I never workout as much as I should.

Nice lifts man!! Strong!

Nice workout. What kind of leg press is it?

Thanks.

This kind:

pl601_1.png

Traveling always kills my diet and I never workout as much as I should.

Same here, and unfortunately, I travel a lot. Hardest thing for me is to get the amount of food my body needs. If I am not constantly eating, I don't grow. Ectomorph..ughh!!

Ya, I like leg presses more than squats. Squats just compress my spine and hurt, lol. I only go heavy on squats once, maybe twice / mth. The rest of the time I do more volume training than anything. Yesterday was the time I went heavy, and I won't do so for another 2 weeks.

Ya, I like leg presses more than squats. Squats just compress my spine and hurt, lol. I only go heavy on squats once, maybe twice / mth. The rest of the time I do more volume training than anything. Yesterday was the time I went heavy, and I won't do so for another 2 weeks.

Have you ever tried Roman chair squats? I have been researching ways to hit my quads more since I cant do heavy barbell squats, and these Roman chair squats seem to isolate the quads big time. Takes only a small piece of equipment which would easily fit into my gym.

More and more I want to convert my theater into a workout room and move the theater to an upstairs landing area we have. Of course, I should probably just move to Austin and do the custom set up I want in a new house there since I don't think the theater can structurally support the weight of the equipment and plates.

Damn.

Have you ever tried Roman chair squats? I have been researching ways to hit my quads more since I cant do heavy barbell squats, and these Roman chair squats seem to isolate the quads big time. Takes only a small piece of equipment which would easily fit into my gym.

I have not. I usually stick to traditional squats, leg press, lunges, and leg extensions for quads, but those look like fun. Although I have done a similar movements before with the free weight bar, but haven't incorporated this exercise within my weekly routine.

I have not. I usually stick to traditional squats, leg press, lunges, and leg extensions for quads, but those look like fun. Although I have done a similar movements before with the free weight bar, but haven't incorporated this exercise within my weekly routine.

I am hoping I can do these with weight and theyll really isolate my quads and the weight wont have to really heavy and Ill be leaning back at an angle and it will keep pressure off my lower back. Now I just need to find an all black one to buy.

You don't see the point? You mean you have no parts of your body you wish would grow after all that hard work you've been putting in for years? With strict diet good routine and time at the gym you can get good results, but for me it's more of a "I am tired of getting sick and/or injured after a few months and having gains vanish.. so i want to see what I can actually achieve if I keep going"

on the other note, BB right now has a extreme pullup contest - dead hangs, no leg help.. there are weight classes, I think VBOX would do well!! I went into the gym last night and tried to see what I can do on the first set, I got to 12, but I dirty bulked about 8-10lbs so before this I think I would be able to do 15-17

100 pullups is too much at 12 minutes that's just insane. I think after 40 I would consider suicide

You don't see the point? You mean you have no parts of your body you wish would grow after all that hard work you've been putting in for years? With strict diet good routine and time at the gym you can get good results, but for me it's more of a "I am tired of getting sick and/or injured after a few months and having gains vanish.. so i want to see what I can actually achieve if I keep going"

on the other note, BB right now has a extreme pullup contest - dead hangs, no leg help.. there are weight classes, I think VBOX would do well!! I went into the gym last night and tried to see what I can do on the first set, I got to 12, but I dirty bulked about 8-10lbs so before this I think I would be able to do 15-17

100 pullups is too much at 12 minutes that's just insane. I think after 40 I would consider suicide

All the parts of my body that I want to grow are growing, abeit slowly. Since I am constantly improving I dont see the point of taking them for myself as the benefit does not outweigh the risk IMO. If I had more access and more knowledge from experienced friends who knew what they doing, I might be more tempted to give them a shot. I am 35 years old now, so obviously I am not going to make the gains that a 20 year old would, so they would definitely help with that. Like I said, I dont see anything wrong with people using them. I think the fact that they are illegal really hurts those who use them as the knowledge and expertise isnt around as it would be if they were legal.

To do 100 pullups fast, you have to do small sets and with not a lot of rest between sets. If you burn yourself out too early by too doing many at the beginning you will be struggling big time in the 2nd half. Its kind of like a long distance run. You cant sprint like mad in the first mile of a 10 mile run or you will have nothing left later on in the run.

My most recent 100 pullups looked like this as for sets. 10, 8, 2 sets of 6, 4 sets of 5, 10 sets of 3, 8 sets of 2 and 4 sets of 1.

You're a miscer? Are you doing the pull-up competition this month?

I told my friend about it today, he went to the beach after work and 5 hours of sleep and did 20. I think I need to get him in this thing, he is 186