What did you do today?

topcabron

I don't do any Trap workouts on as they get huge on their own when i workout,.

Must be nice... :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Must be nice... :icon_mrgreen:

yes and no. My traps develop far more than everything else for some reason. My shoulders are the last to develop, so I look retarded until I really start focusing on putting mass on my shoulders.

It also makes me look like I'm alot bigger/stronger than I really am at any given time which is a good thing.

Other thing to note is normally I would do back and bis together. Challenge is the gym at work doesn't have a cable row machine or lat pulldown machine.

If you do 2 bodyparts in a single workout, have you ever switched up the standard push/push (or pull/pull) back/bi (or chest/tri) workout and gone with a push/pull instead? Before I switched to 1 bodypart per workout, I made some good gains with this. It allows for full fatigue directly on the target muscle instead of pre-exhausting and then hitting the muscle again, obviously with the anticipation that the muscle would be weaker because it was pre-exhausted.

If you do 2 bodyparts in a single workout, have you ever switched up the standard push/push (or pull/pull) back/bi (or chest/tri) workout and gone with a push/pull instead? Before I switched to 1 bodypart per workout, I made some good gains with this. It allows for full fatigue directly on the target muscle instead of pre-exhausting and then hitting the muscle again, obviously with the anticipation that the muscle would be weaker because it was pre-exhausted.

Right now I am doing

Monday:Chest/Tris

Tuesday:Back/Bis

Wednesday: Legs

Thursday: Shoulders

Friday:Rest

Saturday: Cardio

Sunday:Biceps

I am trying to focus on the areas I need improvement on the most-Biceps, shoulders, legs.

Chest, Tris, and traps come with ease on me.

Right now I am doing

Monday:Chest/Tris

Tuesday:Back/Bis

Wednesday: Legs

Thursday: Shoulders

Friday:Rest

Saturday: Cardio

Sunday:Biceps

I am trying to focus on the areas I need improvement on the most-Biceps, shoulders, legs.

Chest, Tris, and traps come with ease on me.

Looks like an intelligent split. When you get bored of it, try switching up to push/pull and go with Chest/bis and Back/tris. When I switched a while back, I felt like I would get a better bi and tri workout because I wasn't hitting them twice (once with the larger bodypart since they are so heavily involved, and then again when I hit them on their own). Just a thought...

I like the biceps workout on Sunday. Hit something twice and week and watch it grow!

Did chest last night. Got 130s on flat for 6 and 105s on incline for 8. Good workout and felt strong. Did some cable flyes, decline hammer strength, and some abs and I was out of there.

Just Cardio today. Ill probably just be doing cardio for a few weeks because I need to drop some weight. I plan on doing a Tandem sky dive in early june so I need to drop a little weight for that. And I hate doing cardio.

Legs last night. Went easy on squat since my back has been a little tweaked, but got some good weight on leg press - 7 plates for 8 reps on my 5th set. Couldn't walk on the way out...lol. Doing some big time stretching today and tomorrow - got a snowboarding trip planned this weekend and don't want to be limping!!

Yesterday did 100 deadhang pull ups in 14 min 21 seconds bettering my previous time of 18:49 by nearly 4 and a half minutes. Then did abs.

Today did legs, calf raises, lunges, leg extension, leg curls, and leg press.

Yesterday did 100 deadhang pull ups in 14 min 21 seconds bettering my previous time of 18:49 by nearly 4 and a half minutes. Then did abs.

Today did legs, calf raises, lunges, leg extension, leg curls, and leg press.

Absolutely ridiculous time vbox.

You have me wanting to try this 100 rep deal. I'm really going to have to focus on dead hang though. I go all the way down according to most people, but dead hang is a different story in my mind.

Absolutely ridiculous time vbox.

You have me wanting to try this 100 rep deal. I'm really going to have to focus on dead hang though. I go all the way down according to most people, but dead hang is a different story in my mind.

Thanks,

As long as your elbows are locking out straight at the bottom of the pullup and your chin goes above the bar its considered dead hang.

This guys pull ups are legit (not me)

So I guess I'll join in on this thread. I do CrossFit style workouts. Alot of the workouts are done for time and it's like extreme cardio. I love it. Started in February of 2010. I am not a big guy at all. When I started I was 5' 9 and about 150lbs and around 15% body fat. At my best which was summer of 2010, I was around 173lbs and 10% body fat. I went on a bit of a bulk phase through the winter, and then when I left for Australia for a month and just lost all work out, I dropped back down to about 155lbs, so I'm back in the gym now getting ready for summer. My workout vary everyday which I love, I never do the same thing twice. I'll start posting my workouts here.

My last workout I did last week was a workout called "Cindy".

It's a 20 min AMRAP (As many rounds as possible) of:

5 Pullups

10 Push Ups

15 Air Squats

I got 18 rounds plus 5 pullups, so I got 95 pullups, 180 pushups and 270 air squats in 20 minutes.

Today's workout started with a strength workout at the beginning that was:

3 Rounds

-10 kettle bell snatches with a 18kb kettle bell (Both arms)

-5 bench presses with 155lbs

Next was the crossfit workout:

-Row 200m

-20 double unders with jump rope

-Wall Balls with 20lbs wall ball (Goal is 115)

You begin the workout and at every 3 minute mark, you start the workout over. So if you finish rowing and the double unders in 1 minute and have 2 minutes left, you do as many wall balls as you can in two minutes. You repeat the workout until you reach 115 wall balls total. This workout took me 14:53s today.

For those who don't know, this is what the wall ball workout looks like:

Nice. It's nice to see everyone's different workout routine. Maybe that will motivate me to switch mine up sometime.. :icon_mrgreen:

Did chest today (and tris - but nothing exciting there)

Incline DBs: Warm up - 50, 60, 70 - 'Real' sets - 90s for 6, 105s for 6, 110s for 3

Flat DBs: 90s for 8, 100s for 6, 105s for 4

Flat bench press (just for the heck of it, I usually don't do 2 flat movements in same day - By now, I am very tired and so aren't my muscles) 185 for 8, 225 for 5, 225 for 5

Flys

Tris

Once I can get 110 lb. dbs for 6, I will start working on 115's. I never go up in weight until I can do the weight 6x, clean.

Legs tomorrow. Trying to get 335 on squats for 6, but that might take a while since I am only on 3 clean reps.

Just got back from 3 days of snowboarding and my legs are absolutely destroyed. Hitting chest or shoulders tonight and hoping not to limp around in the gym too much.

Nice. It's nice to see everyone's different workout routine. Maybe that will motivate me to switch mine up sometime.. :icon_mrgreen:

Did chest today (and tris - but nothing exciting there)

Incline DBs: Warm up - 50, 60, 70 - 'Real' sets - 90s for 6, 105s for 6, 110s for 3

Flat DBs: 90s for 8, 100s for 6, 105s for 4

Flat bench press (just for the heck of it, I usually don't do 2 flat movements in same day - By now, I am very tired and so aren't my muscles) 185 for 8, 225 for 5, 225 for 5

Flys

Tris

Once I can get 110 lb. dbs for 6, I will start working on 115's. I never go up in weight until I can do the weight 6x, clean.

Legs tomorrow. Trying to get 335 on squats for 6, but that might take a while since I am only on 3 clean reps.

Pretty strong workout, much better than me

Did a light tempo ride today after being off the bike for 3 days for Jury Duty. I did 48.03 miles and 2500 vert ft of climbing. It was windier than it has been it a long time here. I did well to do the ride in 2:50 and change. Great ride, think I got a good tan.

6:30am: 1 hour spin

11:00am: 1.5 hour XC ski in minus 20C (ya Canada is cold but I'll take it over Libya any day)

Fully deserve my 1.5 hour massage tomorrow to flush the legs.

Looking forward to a couple of rest days though.

Yesterday's workout:

3 round AMRAP:

-5 hanging power snatches (85lbs)

-grab a 40lb sand bag and run to treadmills across gym

-Run 200m (.13 mile)

-return 40lb sand bag to back of gym.

-15 Kettle Bell swings (24kg)

-grab a 60lb sand bag and run to treadmills across gym

-Run 200m (.13 mile)

-return 60lb sand bag to back of gym.

-10 pullups

-Grab a 80lb sand bag and run to treadmills across gym