What did you do today?

topcabron

Unfortunately I have done elliptical for cardio for the past couple of years. I might try biking this year, but I dont want to do stationary bike. I really dont need to do all that much cardio since I am an extreme ectomorph (super small bone structure and super fast metabolism). I do it more for good measure than anything else and for health reasons.

If you are looking for a bike there is only one to go for; Keiser M3.

The only thing wrong with them is the seat which you can sort out but you can really motor on them.

415TU6ABeyL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weighted Pullups (dead hang chest to bar with dumbbell hooked in ankles)

7x 40lb

7x 45lb

5x 55lb

5x 60lb

3x 70lb

3x 75lb

11x 35lb (until failure)

14x bwt (until failure)

Then set up 3 bar bell stations: (bench press, ass-to-grass back squat, power clean)

1 heavy rep of each (260, 355, 235)

then

10 rep set of each (195, 255, 165)

then

1 heavy rep of each (260, 335, 225)

then

15 rep set of each (170, 215, 155)

then

1 heavy rep of each (255, 325, 225)

and finally

20 rep set of each (145, 195, 135)

I told my friend about it today, he went to the beach after work and 5 hours of sleep and did 20. I think I need to get him in this thing, he is 186

Absolutely, get him in. I think EPC said that there will be prizes for top 10? If I can get my reps up above 20 again I'll submit a video (these past few weeks I haven't been able to budge over 18)

Hey guys, I'm plateauing at 45 lbs for curls.....seated curls.

I'll do standing curls with 80 or 90 lb bar...

Preacher somewhere around 40-50 lbs.

Any ideas to get seated up to 50 and more?

Hey guys, I'm plateauing at 45 lbs for curls.....seated curls.

I'll do standing curls with 80 or 90 lb bar...

Preacher somewhere around 40-50 lbs.

Any ideas to get seated up to 50 and more?

eat more food.

Shoulders yesterday. Side laterals, upright rows, face-pulls, 2-angle seated flyes, and shoulder press with dumbbells. Did 85s for 8 on final set of press - felt good to get a quality workout in after being out of town.

eat more food.

Haha.

Maybe I'm good enough as is.

My goal is more definition than mass.

I just joined CrossFit near me and look to use that for the fitness and definition and will go to the regular gym twice a week for lifting to keep up the chest and arm vanity. :icon_mrgreen:

You might get some endurance from CrossFit, but real definition comes from your diet, not your workouts.

Did 3 sets of 5 dead hang pull up reps with 100 pounds added to me today. The sets were spaced out throughout the day. Also did 1 rep max dead hang pull up of 321.2 pounds.

You might get some endurance from CrossFit, but real definition comes from your diet, not your workouts.

Well, I could use the endurance and fitness....

And yeah, diets are most important, but it helps to have that aerobic aspect too. You think pure weight lifting alone is gonna rip up most people?

Since you brought it up, what does your diet look like these days?

Well, I could use the endurance and fitness....

And yeah, diets are most important, but it helps to have that aerobic aspect too. You think pure weight lifting alone is gonna rip up most people?

Don't worry about cardio/aerobic exercise.... it's a myth that you gotta do that stuff to look good. (Not to mention that most people have shitty running technique that will leave their joints fucked up as they get older.) I say "move heavy weights, move them over a large distance, and move them as quickly as possible." You mentioned CrossFit which is very good... I do a strength/CrossFit hybrid, and you'll notice that they might run once every two weeks or so. That's more than enough.

Not that either one of us wants to look like a pro bodybuilder, but those guys can get their bodyfat super low (5% range). Do you think any of them can run a mile in any reasonable amount of time? I'll bet not. It's all diet, weights, and low intensity, long duration cardio.

I'm not going to lay out my whole diet for you in any precision since my nutritionist is quite pricey, but it's the normal stuff you'd think of when you think of eating clean. Chicken, lean beef, egg whites, brown rice, yams, veggies, all-natural peanut butter, etc. I eat 7 times a day and the portions are measured down to the calorie.

No matter what you do, if you workout 3-5 times per week, no matter what "type" of workout it is, you'll be better off than 90% of the population, so just keep doing what you're doing!

Did 3 sets of 5 dead hang pull up reps with 100 pounds added to me today. The sets were spaced out throughout the day. Also did 1 rep max dead hang pull up of 321.2 pounds.

Nice! 3 sets of 5 with 100lbs is ridiculous!

I did back today too and maxed out before I started my workout. Did 2 sets of 2 reps with 90lbs, then a normal routine of pullups, seated row, t-bar row, and lawnmower pulls.

Tomorrow - chest. Going for max reps with the 110s again to see if I can get more than 14 and beat my previous PR.

Nice! 3 sets of 5 with 100lbs is ridiculous!

I did back today too and maxed out before I started my workout. Did 2 sets of 2 reps with 90lbs, then a normal routine of pullups, seated row, t-bar row, and lawnmower pulls.

Tomorrow - chest. Going for max reps with the 110s again to see if I can get more than 14 and beat my previous PR.

Thanks, the rep max was 135 pounds added to me. Starting to get some serious strength going on that.

As for the 110s, I think you will get more than 14.

Skipped the max reps with 110s today as I was feeling exceptionally strong and crazy based on my 2 scoops of 1MR and half a NO Xplod igniter shot. lol.

did 10 reps with 80s, 10 reps with 100s, 10 reps with 120s, and 8 reps with 135s. Felt awesome. Got 10 with 110s on incline. Great workout.

Skipped the max reps with 110s today as I was feeling exceptionally strong and crazy based on my 2 scoops of 1MR and half a NO Xplod igniter shot. lol.

did 10 reps with 80s, 10 reps with 100s, 10 reps with 120s, and 8 reps with 135s. Felt awesome. Got 10 with 110s on incline. Great workout.

impressive!

Dang. I may have missed it, but what are your stats? (Height, weight, BF, etc.)

20 mile run, and feel great. Woohoo. Hopefully I can hit the gym tomorrow.

Good to see everyones workouts are going well!

Not that either one of us wants to look like a pro bodybuilder, but those guys can get their bodyfat super low (5% range). Do you think any of them can run a mile in any reasonable amount of time? I'll bet not. It's all diet, weights, and low intensity, long duration cardio.

I'm not going to lay out my whole diet for you in any precision since my nutritionist is quite pricey, but it's the normal stuff you'd think of when you think of eating clean. Chicken, lean beef, egg whites, brown rice, yams, veggies, all-natural peanut butter, etc. I eat 7 times a day and the portions are measured down to the calorie.

No matter what you do, if you workout 3-5 times per week, no matter what "type" of workout it is, you'll be better off than 90% of the population, so just keep doing what you're doing!

Cool. :)

Do you allow yourself a cheat day?

20 mile run, and feel great. Woohoo. Hopefully I can hit the gym tomorrow.

Good to see everyones workouts are going well!

Damn, 20 miles....impressive. How long does it take to get up this level?

Damn, 20 miles....impressive. How long does it take to get up this level?

Not that long! Someone who can barely run 2 miles today, but is somewhat healthy, can safely run a marathon in less than five months. I have no idea what your running capabilities are but I KNOW you can do it! :icon_super:

Just start out easy, 5-10 miles one week, 6-12 the next, 8-14 the week after that....keep building up to you get to those 40-60 mile weeks (usually a big run between 13-20 miles, a medium run between 7-10 miles, and smaller 3-5 mile runs)

The 20 miles I ran today was a race us local Bostonians do to prepare for the Boston Marathon. Half the mental hurdle of doing such a race is running with good people. After the race we all got fat on burgers, lobster rolls, fries, fried seafood, milkshakes....

For me, the other half of the mental hurdle is to break down the race into smaller parts. When I run, I pretend to run smaller races. I ran an 18 miler a few weeks ago, and viewed that as six 5k races. Today I broke it down into a 5 mile race, a 10 miler, then a 5 miler.....the body does amazing things so long as you know how to trick it. It sucks when you realize you have to run 20 miles. But when you break it down into three parts it's quite easy.

Another thing, don't let your ego get in the way of improving your health. For some reason people can sound a bit negative when they talk about only being able to run 1,2, 3 miles when they start out. Then they stop a month later. Don't give up! No matter the distance, be proud of what you can do, and know that there are a hell of a lot of people who can't do it!

Dang. I may have missed it, but what are your stats? (Height, weight, BF, etc.)

I'm 6'5" and about 222lbs. Probably about 11% bf, which is about the leanest I've ever been.

Cool. :)

Do you allow yourself a cheat day?

Not a whole day - just 2 meals a week - I eat them both on the weekends. Each "cheat" can be anything I want, as long as it's only 500 calories.