Green SV vs....

Allan-Herbie

They are both slow compared to the cars that compete in the US in the mile. Its only 192mph at 310kmh. A bolt on TTG with gears will kill both of them in the mile.

Interesting use of nitrous to cool everything down.

Stupid to compare cars from 0- as one will most likely fcuk up the start, the SV started way to late, but it would have lost anyway, just not so bad.

If the nitrous cools that quickly, it seems incredibly stupid. Like hot water on a frozen windshield. Maybe it's not as bad as I think but doesn't seem worth it on a car with that much money into it. Very impressive cars though.

They are both slow compared to the cars that compete in the US in the mile. Its only 192mph at 310kmh. A bolt on TTG with gears will kill both of them in the mile.

Interesting use of nitrous to cool everything down.

cool vid..

side by side racing separated only by cones is a bit scary. what do they have for runoff?

318 km/h for the GTR...not so bad for a brick on wheels.

Good races there..

Translates to 197mph.

Pretty quick.

Those cars shine in the 1/4..after that they slow dwn quite abit.. same as porsche

I am pretty sure the GTR and the 997 are both strong runners from a 50-150/160 roll. They might not be the 200+ mph monsters that the GTT is when geard correctly, but with stock gearing and up to 150-160, both the GTR and the Porsche are very fast when modded. I don't think they are only worthy opponents from a dig. JMO

According to them:

Lp670-SV best time- 28,199 sec 292,2 km/h and Italia 29,377 sec 287,3 km/h

plugging that into my calculator :icon_mrgreen: .... the gap between them at the end of the mile would be ~95 meters!

I am pretty sure the GTR and the 997 are both strong runners from a 50-150/160 roll. They might not be the 200+ mph monsters that the GTT is when geard correctly, but with stock gearing and up to 150-160, both the GTR and the Porsche are very fast when modded. I don't think they are only worthy opponents from a dig. JMO

Oh of course they are... I only compare them to a GTT. Otherwise they will pretty much kill anything else on the road..

Oh of course they are... I only compare them to a GTT. Otherwise they will pretty much kill anything else on the road..

:icon_thumleft:

If the nitrous cools that quickly, it seems incredibly stupid. Like hot water on a frozen windshield. Maybe it's not as bad as I think but doesn't seem worth it on a car with that much money into it. Very impressive cars though.

It is (or at least was when I was drag racing) a fairly common thing to see. Yes, if you keep the spray concentrated on a hot area like a manifold or a turbo or head, you could definately do some damage. But cooling down discharge pipes and intercoolers is not really a big deal and does make a significant difference if you don't have to keep starting and stopping the car to get to the line. Having to sit Idling pretty much negates the positive effects of that style of use though.

I remember back, some years ago, zex or or Nitrous express actually had a kit that you could fit to the front of your intercooler and would spray on the intercooler when you hit the button, or you could wire it to a WOT switch that would keep the intercooler exceptionally cold during your run. A friend of mine had and still may have one on his 1200whp mustang. The Intake Air Temps were 50° to 100° lower than running without it. Normally at idle his IAT was 90 or so and when he sprayed the intercooler they would drop to around 40, and at WOT his IAT was 150-175 at the end of the 1/4 and with the spray on, it was closer to 85.