Excuse me officer, do you have any idea how fast you were going?

abolfaz

Guest Rob Burgundy

" if you don't move you're car out of the way I'll arrest you for kidnapping"

Just wow.

If a officer is headed to an emergency must he display lights or sirens or can he just go over the speed limit unannounced?

Obviously he wasn't going anywhere and was caught red handed speeding but I was just curious?

Also if he had gone about it differently and asked different questions when he approached the officer he might have been able to actually do something about it. Wonder if anything will come from it?

Everyone knows cops speed all the time. Hypocrites. Speed limits are a joke in most cases, and they are there just so the gov't can raise revenue.

Something seemed wrong with both of them. I can't decide who was the bigger idiot.

do you mean, i'll arrest you for kidnapping

Sprite got a ticket IIRC for pacing a cop over the speedlimit. It's NOT legal or alright to do. Cop could have ticketed him or taken him to jail for obstruction of justice.

That guy shouldn't be a cop if he can't handle an idiot like that.

Plain simple... Cops can speed, usually they are required to switch on thier blinkers but might differ from state to state, country to country.

Believe it or not, cops have got into trouble for speeding too, usually in states/countries with good law system.

On this occasion the video-er outta been taken into task.

Hey, he wasn't a real cop. He was a sheriff and my brother in law applied for this job. They do basic stuff like serve people and administrative stuff. I don't think they even go to police academy or anything. That's probably why he was so passive.

It's crazy how easy it is to become a cop in the US. In Norway it's hard to even get into the police academy without extensive military training.

Stupid. Stupid. This guy is lucky he got away pulling this. Sure it's wrong the cop was speeding, but think of all the charges that this guy could have against him & how much it would cost to defend himself. His tape incriminates himself as well.

This type of shit only happened in America. Where I came from, the dumb camera guy would be shot point blank range throught his camera lense and into his stupid skull. Like this . . . . . . . :frocket: :icon_mrgreen:

PS. and don't ask where I came from neither or you'll get the samething :icon_mrgreen:

As much as I can sympathize with the cause of the driver, his actions just weren't appropriate and he surely is lucky nothing bad resulted from this.

It's crazy how easy it is to become a cop in the US. In Norway it's hard to even get into the police academy without extensive military training.

Norway has a military? :shocked: lol JK

If a low amount of people are needed, the standards go way up. Norway has about 4.8 million people. New York City by comparison is 8 million, Los Angelos is 9 million, Miami is 5.5 million, etc...so cop standards are far lower here. Or at least that's how I'd imagine it goes. Cop standards also may vary by area and city (state trooper versus New York City cop versus Nowheresville USA small-town sheriff cop, etc...).

If a low amount of people are needed, the standards go way up. Norway has about 4.8 million people. New York City by comparison is 8 million, Los Angelos is 9 million, Miami is 5.5 million, etc...so cop standards are far lower here. Or at least that's how I'd imagine it goes. Cop standards also may vary by area and city (state trooper versus New York City cop versus Nowheresville USA small-town sheriff cop, etc...).

Wouldn't that be the other way around? More people to choose from?

Wouldn't that be the other way around? More people to choose from?

I suppose if one needs a very small number, then the standards could be very high even with a lot of people, but in the U.S. I'd imagine larger numbers of cops are needed, and not that many people want to be cops, so the standards are lower. There are probably also some other aspects, for example U.S. police have lower standards for women (at least physical fitness-wise) to increase the number of female police. LA's police were considering lowering the standards of the SWAT team to get more females, I don't know how that went.

LA's police were considering lowering the standards of the SWAT team to get more females, I don't know how that went.

In a sentence, exactly what is wrong with this country.

I suppose if one needs a very small number, then the standards could be very high even with a lot of people, but in the U.S. I'd imagine larger numbers of cops are needed, and not that many people want to be cops, so the standards are lower. There are probably also some other aspects, for example U.S. police have lower standards for women (at least physical fitness-wise) to increase the number of female police. LA's police were considering lowering the standards of the SWAT team to get more females, I don't know how that went.

Miami-Dade would be a good example, during the drug wars - they had to lower their standards so much that they ended up hiring a bunch of crooked cops/criminals - most of which were either killed or put in jail.

A place like Phoenix, for example - before their hiring freezes of recent, may hire anywhere from 25-50 cops at a time. Larger departments like LA or NY might do something similar. BUT, while they may hire big numbers - the good ones (like Phoenix) - will have a larger staff and a very effective process for hiring people. After the amount of training at the academy, post-academy training, etc. I would trust a Phoenix cop (or any of the surrounding agencies) more than I would most from my hometown (which is considerably smaller).

So yes and no.

As far as cops in America go- you get what you pay for. Pay them shitty, train them shitty, and hire idiots (because idiots hire them) - and you're going to get bad cops. Flush out the bad people, raise the pay, make the work environment better, and focus hiring intelligent people - and you'll see a drastic change in the quality of L.E.

Look over to EU, where it's MUCH harder to become a police officer. Some departments in the US even require a college degree to apply (few do though).