If this were your backyard

topcabron

I am putting an offer in on this land in Arizona.

My intention is to have a summer home in the mountains(eventually).

My wife and I have looked a long time for some acreage, and this is as unique a property as you would find in this area.

Part of me is excited. From where the prices have come from to now, this is a steal. Its listed for less than half of what these people purchased the land for 3 years ago, and I will probably get it for a further reduction.

post-9296-1297122338.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife and I have looked a long time for some acreage, and this is as unique a property as you would find in this area.

Part of me is excited. From where the prices have come from to now, this is a steal. Its listed for less than half of what these people purchased the land for 3 years ago, and I will probably get it for a further reduction.

How are you planning to build the house?

Good luck with the purchase!

Love it, figure out a way to harness some sun/wind and get all green too. That would be such a cool place to hang...and climb, and build a zipline, put in a single track mtn. bike trail, and on and on.... :icon_super:

Love it, figure out a way to harness some sun/wind and get all green too. That would be such a cool place to hang...and climb, and build a zipline, put in a single track mtn. bike trail, and on and on.... :icon_super:

On a side note, if your looking for someone to get you off the grid (or to supplement yourself on the grid) I can hook you up with a guy that can do the whole solar and wind setup for you. And he'll do it for cheap compared to the "pro's" despite being a huge pro at it himself. Good friend of mine.

Looks beautiful in that pic.

It also looks like a perfect place for water to drain right to the homesite. That'd be a consideration of course, especially if that's Northern Az where it snows. Other things to look at are summer fire danger (brush fire) as well as rock sliding. Also, insects and wild animals (dangerous ones) that may come around.

Looks beautiful in that pic.

It also looks like a perfect place for water to drain right to the homesite. That'd be a consideration of course, especially if that's Northern Az where it snows. Other things to look at are summer fire danger (brush fire) as well as rock sliding. Also, insects and wild animals (dangerous ones) that may come around.

Elevation is at 5000 feet.

Mosquitoes is a potential problem in the summer.

This land is in a developed area. Fires have not happened in this area in a long while. But, fire could happen almost anywhere.

water flowed through this area 1000s of years ago (thats what made the rocks how they are), but nothing lately.

Elevation is at 5000 feet.

Mosquitoes is a potential problem in the summer.

This land is in a developed area. Fires have not happened in this area in a long while. But, fire could happen almost anywhere.

water flowed through this area 1000s of years ago (thats what made the rocks how they are), but nothing lately.

Sweet. Next step, after the airwolf landing pad, is to build a zipline!

Hey Jason if you don't mind me asking, Where is it ?

:icon_super:

Nice!

I always advise people to move a little more rural then they think they want. In a few years development will start encroaching.

AZ is full auto friendly... Those rocks would make a nice backstop for a shooting range....

near Prescott

Been here off and on for a long time and i love the area :icon_thumleft: Except, maybe, the two months of the year when the temp drops and we actually get snow.

How stable are those rocks/boulders? And how's the feng shui of that place? :icon_mrgreen:

Looks beautiful, go luck on the deal!

How stable are those rocks/boulders?

:iamwithstupid:

Whatever floats your boat, but I get bored in the country in about 10 seconds... And my allergies act up long before that!