Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

This has been how i have puchased every exotic I ever had. I never bought a brand new car (EXOTIC) out of the showroom only normal everyday cars. I usually find one a few months to a year old, with 1,000 or less miles and then pay too much for it. :icon_mrgreen: I had just bought my LP640 a few moths prior o the unveiling and had not intention of buying one as I love my LP.

The very second they lifted the cover off of this car I immediatly decided this will be my first brand new Exotic car i will buy because it blew me away!

Because I always purchased cars that were right there for me to see is probably why I was having so much trouble with my factory order. Exterior Color, interior color annd options, it was driving me nuts.

For this one purchase I am more then happy "take a big hit, and let someone else bottom feed off of it." .

I can't wait to get it and don't have one ounce of buyers remorse!

When it comes down to it, the only ones that need to love the LP700 are the ones that are buying one! The others can look at it with disgust and vomit from it's hidious looks from a distance!

:iamwithstupid: I happen to be next to him when the cover came off and I feel the same exact way!

Only difference is I have to wait 6mos.

Good move G!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:iamwithstupid:

Spot on imo. It's a different car for different people, and obviously the SE30 Jota for me.

To do some highlights:

Comfy to drive? No, unless you're doing 100 mph ++

Practical? On par with an MC.

Good track car? Nope.

Hitech stuff? Some for the time it was built, like lots of CF, antispin, variable inlet.

Nothing amazing or revolutionary there...

So what's the deal about the car? Well, every time I see it, I get the same "holy shit look at that car" feeling. Granted I only see the car 3-4 months a year, but still after 5 years it has that effect on me. Driving it is a very special feeling, there's some mechanical noise, and you can feel the engine in the whole car when you floor it, like it's connected to your spine. It's still a fast car even by todays standards, and even though it's 17 years old I get a lot of people asking me if the the car is new. Obviously people with no clue at all, but that's what it looks like a lot of average Joes, and that says a lot. A truly timeless design.

Nothing wrong with making a good car, but Lamborghini has never been about making the best car. It's been about making the craziest, most outrageous, head-turning thing on the road. And this is what Lamborghini is to me.

But times have changed.

Good to know that you really love my car.

When it comes down to it, the only ones that need to love the LP700 are the ones that are buying one! The others can look at it with disgust and vomit from it's hidious looks from a distance!

so well put, all this 'people are bagging lambo on a lambo forum' bullshit is crap guys.

varying opinions on the car is ok to have.

This has been how i have puchased every exotic I ever had. I never bought a brand new car (EXOTIC) out of the showroom only normal everyday cars. I usually find one a few months to a year old, with 1,000 or less miles and then pay too much for it. :icon_mrgreen: I had just bought my LP640 a few moths prior o the unveiling and had not intention of buying one as I love my LP.

The very second they lifted the cover off of this car I immediatly decided this will be my first brand new Exotic car i will buy because it blew me away!

Because I always purchased cars that were right there for me to see is probably why I was having so much trouble with my factory order. Exterior Color, interior color annd options, it was driving me nuts.

For this one purchase I am more then happy "take a big hit, and let someone else bottom feed off of it." .

I can't wait to get it and don't have one ounce of buyers remorse!

:icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

..."looks like a Murci refresh..."

x 3 ..... and, if (repeat, if) the MP4-12C winds up out-performing it ....... :crybaby2:

x4 it does look like a refresh murcie. From the top view, the everyday person will say its a murcie. Hopefully the back will be very different and cool looking.

Tough crowd! :icon_mrgreen:

Judging a car based on one leaked pic may be a bit harsh. :) But for all we know, Lambo's made from the pass decade or so don't seem to have the initial appeal but will definitely grow on you over time. The Countach is likely THE car or THE Lambo that made the most visual impact for that class of cars. The Miura, of course, is simply beautiful but the CT totally redefined the supercar genre. It was IMO a revolution; everything else thereafter was and still is an evolution. (The G is arguably different because it was a brand new model from the ground up, and hence the hurrah from the majority on its initial launch.) Given the fact that Lamborghini is still a rather small-scale car company, even with the VAG group as the parent, it will most likely never match the marketing capabilities and the have the same fan boys support of Ferrari's, let alone getting all the sufficient resources support from Audi/VAG for a totally different super-radical-design car. And in a way, the old saying of "if it ain't broken...don't fix it" holds true. The Murci had a successful lifespan and developing countries such as China and Russia are acquiring the taste of this brand and its demand is on a steady and increasing basis. Why risk upsetting a growing group of clients with a radical new design that might or might not suits their taste; but instead playing it safe and ensure the same group is ready with their cheque books? As for the new and repeated clients in this part of the world, seems like all the short-comings of the "current" model had been properly addressed --- heavy tubular steel chassis, suspension, engine emissions, outdated cabin etc... Showing off just the bare CF chassis with the new suspension is not by any means a random act and the timing of the video release to build up anticipation of seeing the actual car etc... is impeccable.

IMO, the initial Diablo wasn't perfectly beautiful, nor was the first Murci. But overtime, we started to accept them while the factory also revised & improve on the looks. Even the transition from the original Murci to the 670-4 had their share of criticism (myself included); and likewise from the G to the 560-4 (remember the big debate of the G's 3-piece rear vents vs. the 560's one-super-wide-piece). Don't hear much criticism on the 670-4 SV or the 570-4 SL now. So while taste will always be subjective, like the car, it too will evolve over time.

One photo of a brand new car probably can't offer enough clues to what the car actually looks like. And while it may not rewrite the supercar genre visually, it doesn't appear to be a poor design by any means and the performance probably will make up any so-called shortcomings.

And at the end of the day, your $$$, your taste, your car. Other people's opinion is secondary.

Lastly, I don't know if anyone is counting or have thought of this, but 2013 marks 50 years of Lamborghini. Given the experience learned from the 2003 turquoise-coloured Murci, the whatever limited edition of the G-series and the knowledge gained from the initial launch of this new flagship, perhaps a 2013 50th Anniversary LP700-4 is in the works and may deserves serious attention! :icon_idea:

Do you really think I didnt know EXACTLY what this car looked like BEFORE I bought the 458? :eusa_think:

i supposed you look the LP700, but i'm sure you did not drive it.

But there is not only the LP 700 on the market, there are a lot of other good and beautiful supercars, as your 458.

Every one has his own taste so can choose what he wants and like more: sure a F458 is different from a LP700.

What is the best? the best is what you like the most.

ciao

:iamwithstupid:

I'm %100 percent sure most of the "meh" group will drool after this car is released and hit the roads..

Lamborghini passion is in our genes, you can't fool your eyes and mind by looking at F and Mc cars and try to get the same excitement when you look at Lambos..

Cool comparisson, but before anyone one starts toting how much better the Diablo looks, (and in some peoples personal preference that is true,) keep in mind we have had 20+ years to look at, critique, examine and analyze from every angle and perspective the Diablo. The revealing picture of LP-700 has been on the radar for what, two days?

Not the best, but...

lp700-4-aventador.jpg

Itálie-08-639.jpg

sl3535.jpg

Tough crowd! :icon_mrgreen:

Judging a car based on one leaked pic may be a bit harsh. :) But for all we know, Lambo's made from the pass decade or so don't seem to have the initial appeal but will definitely grow on you over time. The Countach is likely THE car or THE Lambo that made the most visual impact for that class of cars. The Miura, of course, is simply beautiful but the CT totally redefined the supercar genre. It was IMO a revolution; everything else thereafter was and still is an evolution. (The G is arguably different because it was a brand new model from the ground up, and hence the hurrah from the majority on its initial launch.) Given the fact that Lamborghini is still a rather small-scale car company, even with the VAG group as the parent, it will most likely never match the marketing capabilities and the have the same fan boys support of Ferrari's, let alone getting all the sufficient resources support from Audi/VAG for a totally different super-radical-design car. And in a way, the old saying of "if it ain't broken...don't fix it" holds true. The Murci had a successful lifespan and developing countries such as China and Russia are acquiring the taste of this brand and its demand is on a steady and increasing basis. Why risk upsetting a growing group of clients with a radical new design that might or might not suits their taste; but instead playing it safe and ensure the same group is ready with their cheque books? As for the new and repeated clients in this part of the world, seems like all the short-comings of the "current" model had been properly addressed --- heavy tubular steel chassis, suspension, engine emissions, outdated cabin etc... Showing off just the bare CF chassis with the new suspension is not by any means a random act and the timing of the video release to build up anticipation of seeing the actual car etc... is impeccable.

IMO, the initial Diablo wasn't perfectly beautiful, nor was the first Murci. But overtime, we started to accept them while the factory also revised & improve on the looks. Even the transition from the original Murci to the 670-4 had their share of criticism (myself included); and likewise from the G to the 560-4 (remember the big debate of the G's 3-piece rear vents vs. the 560's one-super-wide-piece). Don't hear much criticism on the 670-4 SV or the 570-4 SL now. So while taste will always be subjective, like the car, it too will evolve over time.

One photo of a brand new car probably can't offer enough clues to what the car actually looks like. And while it may not rewrite the supercar genre visually, it doesn't appear to be a poor design by any means and the performance probably will make up any so-called shortcomings.

And at the end of the day, your $$$, your taste, your car. Other people's opinion is secondary.

Lastly, I don't know if anyone is counting or have thought of this, but 2013 marks 50 years of Lamborghini. Given the experience learned from the 2003 turquoise-coloured Murci, the whatever limited edition of the G-series and the knowledge gained from the initial launch of this new flagship, perhaps a 2013 50th Anniversary LP700-4 is in the works and may deserves serious attention! :icon_idea:

Well thought out and written post, VCR. Thank you. :icon_thumleft:

OMG!!!!!! IVE been wrong all along! LOL :gay:

your out of your mind... I think that Ferrari has given you brain damage. :icon_fU:

How can you not love this? Is it April already?

Guest Rob Burgundy

Love it even more. IMO it's very very good looking! If you don't think so then there are plenty of other choices out there!

Rob, we all know there is somethin wrong with all ya folks out there in Utah, but come on.

You're sucking this things dick like a Charlie Sheen groupie.

embedded pic:

lamborghini_aventador_bullgod_01.jpg

i thought that comparisation pic is quite interseting, and as it was last post on the previous page it could have 'got lost':

71738172.jpg

embedded pic:

lamborghini_aventador_bullgod_01.jpg

post-471-1298566861.jpg

I think this is a valid comparison. Especially the pronounced edge detail of the side.

I was never a Murcielago fan until the LP670SV and I generally prefer the older stuff (Countach and Diablo), but I really like this car.