Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

The MP4, 458 and G (and replacement) are competitors. Throw the 911 in whatever incarnation in there as well. The 12 cylinder Lambos Aventador included have never been track animals. Far more GT than pocket rocket. I personally don't think it's a good comparison to compare the 700 to anything except the other GTs out there - 599GTO, DBS, whatever else I'm forgetting right now. And given all those current and upcoming choices the 700 looks really good at this point.

We've got to give Lambo credit where it's due - they are a boutique company with limited cash flow in a niche market in a bad economy. They've got a parent company breathing down their neck who care more about bottom line than preserving branding and legacy. They missed the boat a little excluding dual clutch but everything else given their resources they've really stepped up. If they don't fcuk up the price point and it looks like they haven't you have to give them some credit.

Finally someone that gets it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Odds are the Estoque could be a bigger seller than the Gallardo] That's simply untrue. :eusa_naughty: It's two completely different segments.

Okay, how about this: in 2008, Bentley sold 6,920 Continentals. In the same year, Lamborghini sold 1,787 Gallardos. If Lamborghini's Estoque had arrived that year and sold half as well as the Bentley (which is a gross oversimplification but I'm just making a point), it would've sold double the number of Gallardos. It's a demonstrably bigger sector.

As for it being crowded... the Gallardo now competes with the 458, 12C, SLS, GT2 and arguably the R8 V10, and another Porsche is coming to that sector in a few years' time.

But if Slowpoke reckons the goal is a 3-car lineup, this is all a moot point; it's all based on something he said anyway. Rather surprised they can afford the R&D costs for three new cars, at least one all-new, in three years...

Okay, how about this: in 2008, Bentley sold 7,600 cars, mostly Continentals. In the same year, Lamborghini sold 1,787 Gallardos. Say Bentley's sales comprised 6,000 CGTs (a very conservative estimate on my part), and that Lamborghini's Estoque stole half those figures, that would be 3,000. Nearly double the number of Gallardos.

But if Slowpoke reckons the goal is a 3-car lineup, hey, I'm not going to argue; this is all based on something he said anyway. Rather surprised they can afford the R&D costs for three new cars, at least one all-new, in three years...

first your just guessing now. the Bentley and the Estoque will not be competitors. First CGT is 2 door not a 4 door saloon, second lambo and Bentley's dont compete the estoque will not be a super cruiser super comfy car, it'll have an edge of some sort. More over, why would VW want to just switch its sales of CGT's to lambo, that makes no sense they would aim for a new market, the sporty saloon segment. Also, even with the estoque they would then be giving up the G market, so it makes perfect sense to keep the G market and then add another one

More interesting though is VW chairmen saying how under his control alfa could increase sales 5x.

How did this get on a discussion about the nowhere-near-ready Estoque somehow displacing/replacing production of the nowhere-near-ready Gallardo 2.0?

The next Gallardo is absolutely greenlit already (shared platform with next R8) and the Estoque is extremely close to getting a full production vote as well (shared platform with next-gen Audi sedan).

To even contemplate them not doing another Gallardo (which, hello, sold 10,000 units) is insane beyond insane. They want to ADD more model lines, not replace existing models. That's how you make MORE money.

Hell, they would do FOUR lines if they felt the market could support it, if not more...

:eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

There you go, wow, I ended the entire discussion, fantastic. Now back on the Aventador.

How did this get on a discussion about the nowhere-near-ready Estoque somehow displacing/replacing production of the nowhere-near-ready Gallardo 2.0?

It made sense, damnit. But yeah, sorry, back on topic now.

My only hope is that the next Gallardo, wherever it is, can somehow compete with (by that time) the F458S and the MP4 Sport version. Definitely a challenge...

Meanwhile at least the Aventador gave many of us what we wanted most: Carbon chassis, modern interior, lighter weight, and a vastly improved AWD system.

Jury is still out on the transmission.

Otherwise it seems like it's going to get great drive-reviews when the production press car starts getting whored around in a couple months. :icon_thumleft:

end prodution of Gallardo line end of 2011 maybe, more versions of Gallardos not good for Factory...

I am looking forward to the Mini Aventador, when that car comes out it will be game over, releasing it after the models Mako mentioned will give Lambo the upper hand.

So I am still curious to see the Aventador's rear spoiler in action on video or at least see it in the upright position in a picture.

wingro.jpg

I am looking forward to the Mini Aventador, when that car comes out it will be game over, releasing it after the models Mako mentioned will give Lambo the upper hand.

You would think it would give them a great advantage being last to the party for sure...hopefully that's the case.

You would think it would give them a great advantage being last to the party for sure...hopefully that's the case.

Hey they can't do wrong in my eyes :icon_mrgreen:

All I have to say about this... :lol2:

Haha classic

Invent-A-Door will get gain a lot more popularity once the test drives come through especially when Top Gear airs in the summer, I'm sure it will be in their first episode.

I hope when the Estoque arrives it will be a different car from its concept and they don't have a lineup that looks essentially the same!

But if Slowpoke reckons the goal is a 3-car lineup, this is all a moot point; it's all based on something he said anyway. Rather surprised they can afford the R&D costs for three new cars, at least one all-new, in three years...

I was told this by top 5 guys within Lamborghini, so I don't reckon it, it is a fact. And it makes sense!

end prodution of Gallardo line end of 2011 maybe, more versions of Gallardos not good for Factory...

No, we will see it as a 2013 earliest.

Allan I think those nails are a bit of an overkill :icon_mrgreen:

Only now that the 458 is in the garage it's an overkill...when the lambo was there the whole garage vibrates like hell.

I think the Sesto Elemento will be a clear indicator of what sort of car to expect for the Gallardo successor.

I think the Sesto Elemento will be a clear indicator of what sort of car to expect for the Gallardo successor.

I hope some of it stays (weight) and everything else goes. Use the current RS6 motor with a modified DSG box.

:icon_mrgreen:

Hahaha you're fcuking kill me.

Like I said you've mastered baiting people. You're a Masterbaiter!

I hope some of it stays (weight) and everything else goes. Use the current RS6 motor with a modified DSG box.

we cant seriously expect it to weigh close to the 999 kg of the Sesto Elemento but I have a feeling it will be much lighter than the G.