Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

1500+ posts: not bad.

Well, what is the result of this huge amount of work?

One white 458 soon for sale, and one white canopus LP700 soon on order. And a man confused.

400 K USD / 1,50 K posts = 267 USD/post

This is the price per post some one will pay, but at least this is still a true Lambopower forum! :icon_thumleft:

ciao

PS

Allan, do not be sad: it could be worse... if you put 400 K in an LP 700 you cannot throw them away anymore for a FF... :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MP4, 458 and G (and replacement) are competitors. Throw the 911 in whatever incarnation in there as well. The 12 cylinder Lambos Aventador included have never been track animals. Far more GT than pocket rocket. I personally don't think it's a good comparison to compare the 700 to anything except the other GTs out there - 599GTO, DBS, whatever else I'm forgetting right now. And given all those current and upcoming choices the 700 looks really good at this point.

We've got to give Lambo credit where it's due - they are a boutique company with limited cash flow in a niche market in a bad economy. They've got a parent company breathing down their neck who care more about bottom line than preserving branding and legacy. They missed the boat a little excluding dual clutch but everything else given their resources they've really stepped up. If they don't fcuk up the price point and it looks like they haven't you have to give them some credit.

:iamwithstupid: x2

Still missing that little something though.

WTF is that abomination of an exhaust, a heat shield covering it i hope. Otherwise they spent all the money on the carbon and then just used rubbish engineering they had out the back for it.

Was thinking the same thing. Change the exhaust and it will be 100lbs lighter off the bat (similar to the LP640 and older Murcies).

Will likely have a pretty burnt bumper if you do though. The test cars had a constant flame coming off the back with what I assume was a stock exhaust.

The MP4, 458 and G (and replacement) are competitors. Throw the 911 in whatever incarnation in there as well. The 12 cylinder Lambos Aventador included have never been track animals. Far more GT than pocket rocket. I personally don't think it's a good comparison to compare the 700 to anything except the other GTs out there - 599GTO, DBS, whatever else I'm forgetting right now. And given all those current and upcoming choices the 700 looks really good at this point.

We've got to give Lambo credit where it's due - they are a boutique company with limited cash flow in a niche market in a bad economy. They've got a parent company breathing down their neck who care more about bottom line than preserving branding and legacy. They missed the boat a little excluding dual clutch but everything else given their resources they've really stepped up. If they don't fcuk up the price point and it looks like they haven't you have to give them some credit.

:iamwithstupid: X3

All the passion and branding fluff aside --- it is afterall a consumer product with the bean counters keeping a very tight watch --- from a business point of view, Lamborghini has been rather phenomenal. Just look at where it was at 15 years ago. It isn't perfect, no, but consider its limitations, I think Lambo has done a rather good job.

Im curious how much of a difference the dry weight and the curb weight will be for this car compared to the LP640, mainly because there isn't a viscous coupling anymore.

:iamwithstupid:

Aventador looks like it was made 10 years from now, and they brought it back in time for our viewing pleasure.

Looks more Estoque and Reventon than Murcie and Gallardo IMO. Front and Rear are Estoque (Front bumper is a blend of Estoque and Reventon). Interior is all new. Dont see much design cues taken from any older cars. More Audi than anything which is a good thing. Only thing Gallardo is the Mirrors IMO and a little on the A pillar.

I would also venture to assume that if this sells well, Estoque will go into production.

I wonder if the reason for this is that the Estoque & Reventon were supposed to form the basis of the companys new look with common styling elements among the three different cars.

Those exposed chassis shots are sex, finally a Lambo flaghip with guts that look as if they were manufactuered today instead of when Jurassic Park was playing in movie theaters... :icon_mrgreen:

:monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft:

Those exposed chassis shots are sex, finally a Lambo flaghip with guts that look as if they were manufactuered today instead of when Jurassic Park was playing in movie theaters... :icon_mrgreen:

:monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft:

aw dude dont hate thats my favourite movie!! :icon_mrgreen:

The chassis pics are very cool. This car already looks badass, but it has even more potential with certain colors. Looking forward to some "real world" pics.

I'm wait to see Stig in fast lap on TopGear...

Faster of than LP570-4 Superleggera.....

and anothers hipercars too...

We don't even know if there's going to be a direct Gallardo successor. If Slowpoke's right about the Estoque arriving in 2014, just over a decade after the Gallardo launched, it would be very convenient for it to have an empty production line waiting with a 2000-odd annual capacity (which the Gallardo only reached in one model year).

Without a Gallardo succesor Lambo would die..

yeah idk how this is even debated, they are going to replace the G, just like there was no way Ferrari wasn't going to replace the 430 with the 458

Without a Gallardo succesor Lambo would die..

Not if they replace the Gallardo with the Estoque. Priced similarly, with all that extra practicality (and not bumping heads with the flagship or R8), odds are it'll be a bigger seller.

The point is that if Slowpoke is right about the timing for the Estoque's arrival, it would put it bang on time to replace the Gallardo, and it's a car that's much more likely to fill the production line.

We haven't seen any mules or heard anything from the company about a direct Gallardo successor (that I know of?), and if they introduce a third model line, one of them will have to be built in Germany. It's also been pretty well established that the Gallardo niche is never going to sell well enough to take full advantage of Sant'####'s manufacturing capabilities, but the Estoque could - so if it's one or the other, the Estoque makes better sense.

Without a 2-seater sports car between the R8 and Aventador, it'll give the R8 facelift room to improve without cannibalising Lambo sales - and Aventador demand may be strengthened without a competitor within its own fcuking brand. The only toes the Estoque could tread on internally would be the Bentley Continental's, but it's reasonable to assume that a slightly gentlemanly British GT and a flash Italian sports saloon may appeal to different customers.

Final point, the Gallardo's platform has no future, Porsche are developing new architecture which will underpin the higher-level VAG sports cars from the latter part of the decade onwards (just in time for an R8 replacement). A Gallardo released in 2013/4 with a warmed up version of the existing platform will become totally obsolete halfway through its lifespan (assuming it isn't already, what with McLaren bringing carbon tech into the sector).

Not if they replace the Gallardo with the Estoque. Priced similarly, with an extra set of seats, odds are it'll be a bigger seller.

That's simply untrue. :eusa_naughty: It's two completely different segments.

Side note: I just looked at a Murci (in person) and couldn't believe how dated it looks compared to the LP700. I never thought I'd think of a Murci as "dated!"

Not if they replace the Gallardo with the Estoque. Priced similarly, with an extra set of seats, odds are it'll be a bigger seller.

I wouldn't count on that.

There's plenty of options in that market segment (Panamara, Quattroporte, Rapide) and buyers for those cars aren't the same as buyers for Gallardos. Sure there will be some overlap, but an Estoque is a luxury car, not a super sports car.

There would no doubt be a market for an Estoque line, but replacing the Gallardo line for that is a foolish plan if you ask me.

Not if they replace the Gallardo with the Estoque. Priced similarly, with all that extra practicality (and not bumping heads with the flagship or R8), odds are it'll be a bigger seller.

The point is that if Slowpoke is right about the timing for the Estoque's arrival, it would put it bang on time to replace the Gallardo, and it's a car that's much more likely to fill the production line.

We haven't seen any mules or heard anything from the company about a direct Gallardo successor (that I know of?), and if they introduce a third model line, one of them will have to be built in Germany. It's also been pretty well established that the Gallardo niche is never going to sell well enough to take full advantage of Sant'####'s manufacturing capabilities, but the Estoque could - so if it's one or the other, the Estoque makes better sense.

LOL... Youve lost your mind..

If this is true. yehey, our G's are classic!