Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

For that car the Grigrio Estoque is a slam dunk dude.

my biggest hangup on the gray is there are going to be a lot around in that color, also I want a bicolor interior and I am not sure anything other than solid black will go with that gray.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the white, it looks evil and classy at the same time.

Than take it to Heffner to put a double clutch box in it :icon_mrgreen:

Haha. I do like the matte white, I could go with a bicolor tan or white.

post-6539-1299336088_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1299336096.jpg

Personally...VI, Balloon white, Grigio Telesto...in that order.

I heard they do have matte wraps now but the cost of the matte finish is just too insane.

Personally...VI, Balloon white, Grigio Telesto...in that order.

I heard they do have matte wraps now but the cost of the matte finish is just too insane.

VI is pretty awesome, I have had a Gallardo in VI and an LP640. But I dont think any of the bi color interiors would look good with it, I would have to go black with green stitching. I am a big fan of the matte white with the white bi color sportivo option, but people keep telling me that matte white has some sort of upkeep or maintenance. I cant get a straight answer on what though.

Can anyone tell me what the big deal is with matte white as for maintenance?

What makes you say that about the matte white?

If you can afford a Lambo I am sure you can afford to have it cleaned so don't worry :icon_mrgreen:

I think the main issue with matte paint is that finger prints are quite visible on it, maybe someone that details cars can comment on it, I wouldn't care to be honest.

In the interior I would do a mix of black leather with Alcantara, red stitching, carbon fibre trim everywhere, carbon fibre steering wheel, concave aftermarket rims and a muffler and you are set.

From what I have been told, matte paint has a few challenges. First, you can't touch up small nicks or scratches. They can't be buffed out and you need to repaint the whole panel where the damage occurs. You cannot clear bra a matte car from what I understand. Also, it should be washed with deionized water since it is very prone to "spotting" after you wash it. On the other hand, one advantage is you never have to wax it!

From what I have been told, matte paint has a few challenges. First, you can't touch up small nicks or scratches. They can't be buffed out and you need to repaint the whole panel where the damage occurs. You cannot clear bra a matte car from what I understand. Also, it should be washed with deionized water since it is very prone to "spotting" after you wash it. On the other hand, one advantage is you never have to wax it!

If you can't add clear protective film on matte paint that's a deal-breaker. Especially if you also can't inexpensively touch up all the rock chips when you want to sell it.

Hadn't heard that, if that's true that's it's significant.

If you can't add clear protective film on matte paint that's a deal-breaker. Especially if you also can't inexpensively touch up all the rock chips when you want to sell it.

Hadn't heard that, if that's true that's it's significant.

As far as I know they add a clear coating over the matte paint, better check with the dealer or the factory, certainly I wouldn't want to import bottled water from the french alps to wash the damn thing.

I've heard that on matte-cars (non-wrapped). They are a major PAIN IN THE ASS to maintain. Novelty items more than anything.

I'd say go grey, or some violent color, and wrap it if you get bored... no one will know but you (if it's done well).

You can apply clear bra over matte paint--you just can't ever remove it--it takes the paint with it since there's no clear coat to keep the adhesive from doing so. Thus, if the clear bra yellows in the sun, you're stuck with it.

The grey is really growing on me since new pics have been posted. The first initial pics of GE sucked and I didn't care for it. I do agree that GE with the stock wheel in black will look amazing.

Saw it today in person... this color is pretty cool. Not sure the bicolor combo is what I would have chosen but it does work. Those of you who are on the fence about the Arancio Argos bicolor, rest assured it is wicked. Pictures does not do the car justice. It is NOT red... this is a more radical orange and it is pretty cool...

Do the white, it looks evil and classy at the same time.

Than take it to Heffner to put a double clutch box in it :icon_mrgreen:

we just missed this car i guess--HQ wanted them to represent the full line for public days so, estoque color was upstairs and the Performante and the Bicolor were companions to the Aventador on the main floor. Will post some pix shortly.

Haha. I do like the matte white, I could go with a bicolor tan or white.

I totally agree. I am actually debating big time.

What makes you say that about the matte white?

Well, this Matte paint is definitely not reparable. Meaning, there is no way to touch it up. Bugs, are a bad things... rocks are killer... charpnelle essentially. Great color, really and truly hard to maintain without a wrap.

You can apply clear bra over matte paint--you just can't ever remove it--it takes the paint with it since there's no clear coat to keep the adhesive from doing so. Thus, if the clear bra yellows in the sun, you're stuck with it.

Hmmm.... we had a knowledgeable Lambo official telling us this was the way to go and to change it after a year--the paint would be prestine. I think I would be concerned about it too given the adhesive but the factory folks are saying its ok.

Thanks for the info guys. I am not sure I want to mess around with the matte color really. It looks badass, but so would the gray, VI, balloon white, or the new orange. Wife hates the matte, so I have that to deal with too....talk about maintenance....:) She really likes the gray.

I think a lot of people are going to go for the orange, the gray, and the whites. VI on the other hand would be really damn awesome, popular, and not a lot of people will have it. For me the gray would be less noticeable than the VI which would make things a little easier when I take the car out. I would get the wheels in black, but I am not sure what the best interior combo would be with the gray. I really want a bicolor alacantra sportivo interior, maybe something with black and a good custom gray that will go with the exterior.

From what I understand there arent any interior carbon options available? I dont really understand why there isnt....

Hmmm.... we had a knowledgeable Lambo official telling us this was the way to go and to change it after a year--the paint would be prestine.

This could very well be true, I don't know. I was just sharing some of my research from last summer. I was seriously considering getting a matte white 670SV that was available and the points I shared were gleaned from several knowledgeable sources. It was enough to deter me from the purchase (plus the fact that I decided to go for the LP700 instead!).

I guess the good takeaway here is that if the factory is saying it's ok and you do it and there's an issue, hopefully they would be willing to rectify it!

Thanks for the info guys. I am not sure I want to mess around with the matte color really. It looks badass, but so would the gray, VI, balloon white, or the new orange. Wife hates the matte, so I have that to deal with too....talk about maintenance....:) She really likes the gray.

I think a lot of people are going to go for the orange, the gray, and the whites. VI on the other hand would be really damn awesome, popular, and not a lot of people will have it. For me the gray would be less noticeable than the VI which would make things a little easier when I take the car out. I would get the wheels in black, but I am not sure what the best interior combo would be with the gray. I really want a bicolor alacantra sportivo interior, maybe something with black and a good custom gray that will go with the exterior.

From what I understand there arent any interior carbon options available? I dont really understand why there isnt....

Why not a blue or even that color Draco? The grey definitely looks good. Rosso would be a very classy color as well. Rosso with a dark cinnamon brown interior with Rosso stitching.

If u do the gray, I would do black interior with a hint of orange and orange cali's. I personally love the whites!

Why not a blue or even that color Draco? The grey definitely looks good. Rosso would be a very classy color as well. Rosso with a dark cinnamon brown interior with Rosso stitching.

If they were offering the blue caelum I would have ordered it. I looked at the samples of the blue Hera they are offering and it is very dark.

If they were offering the blue caelum I would have ordered it. I looked at the samples of the blue Hera they are offering and it is very dark.

Can't you order it in blu caleum anyway? That's the color to get it it. (My absolute favorite)

Can't you order it in blu caleum anyway? That's the color to get it it. (My absolute favorite)

^^^This. I thought you could order the car in any color you wanted, but you'd have to pay a premium for it obviously. Blue Ely is one of my favorite Lambo colors. Is this Blue Caelum?

post-324-1299431011_thumb.jpg

^^^This. I thought you could order the car in any color you wanted, but you'd have to pay a premium for it obviously. Blue Ely is one of my favorite Lambo colors. Is this Blue Caelum?

No that is Monterey Blue

What is the blue in your avatar? That blue is hot and would be a nice change from the norms! :icon_super:

I think people have got it wrong about the matte paints.... I have spoken to an authorised lamborghini repairer down here in Melbourne, Australia... they have done a few matte colour jobs and they do have a clear coat over it, but what they have done is to put an anti-gloss additive into the clear coat, so it gets rid of any shine/gloss...

You can also put clear bra on the car too, but you wouldn't want to keep a normal clear bra on otherwise the paint will have the gloss again... XPEL in the USA has a matte finished clear bra system, so you guys whom ever order matte colour beasts can go for that solution. As far as I know, they normally have a complete solutions (near full car) for Lamborghini. I got venture sheild on the SL, should have done my research a bit more, otherwise I would have got xpel instead.

Hope this helps..

cheers

richie