What's up with husband/wife emails??

Smash Boy

I've known 2 guys over the years with a shared email address with the wife....I've been used to it but one of them just changed the email and it's now just her name, haha.

Never a problem communicating, but damn is there any good reason to do this?? :lol2:

Is there a colossal whip behind the scenes I'm not aware of? :icon_mrgreen:

I would never allow that. It's the same way I've seen husband/wife sharing Facebook accouts. It's ridiculous. No email trust, time to leave.

Mine asked me why I passcode lock my iPhone the other day and I gave her the Michael Corleone line:

"Never ask me about my business Kay".

She rolled her eyes and walked away. :icon_mrgreen:

Mine asked me why I passcode lock my iPhone the other day and I gave her the Michael Corleone line:

Its been my experience, when a GF/Wife offers to share everything including access to her email, phone etc.and asking you to do the same....its nothing more then her controlling you with her insecurity (and her hidden accounts)..been there done that..

Its been my experience, when a GF/Wife offers to share everything including access to her email, phone etc.and asking you to do the same....its nothing more then her controlling you with her insecurity (and her hidden accounts)..been there done that..

:iamwithstupid:

If I have to check her shit and she has to check mine, it's already over.

A couple friends have asked me recently about installing key-logger software on their wives' laptops and my response was similar.

If you feel you have to take that step the outcome is already known...

I had a buddy who had a long term gf in high school. They had shared bank accounts. None of us ever understood it. As you have all said. When either one wants to start checkin shit like that the outcome of the realationship has been decided. I can kinda see the shared bank accounts when your married. But nobody, wife or gf, is getting access to my e-mail or phone. Made that mistake once and have never made it again. Sadly people get roped into it everytime.

I had a buddy who had a long term gf in high school. They had shared bank accounts. None of us ever understood it. As you have all said. When either one wants to start checkin shit like that the outcome of the realationship has been decided. I can kinda see the shared bank accounts when your married. But nobody, wife or gf, is getting access to my e-mail or phone. Made that mistake once and have never made it again. Sadly people get roped into it everytime.

Yes.

Shared bank accounts work well for most marriages though, and it's a shame how the younger generations are moving away from it even after being married a year or two.

It forces you to work together as a team to solve issues, and generally improves communication by having to deal with the combined finances during that early part of the marriage.

It's a little too easy for either (or both) parties to say "F off, my money, I'll do what I want with it" with things are split and there are dual-incomes at play.

But of course this assumes you're not married to some psychopath or drug addict or other drama-filled spouse that makes the above impossible.

Along that same line, a guy on my hockey team shares his blackberry with his wife.

So we have to be careful when throwing the typical hockey guy insults and rude comments out to the whole team.

Yes.

Shared bank accounts work well for most marriages though, and it's a shame how the younger generations are moving away from it even after being married a year or two.

It forces you to work together as a team to solve issues, and generally improves communication by having to deal with the combined finances during that early part of the marriage.

It's a little too easy for either (or both) parties to say "F off, my money, I'll do what I want with it" with things are split and there are dual-incomes at play.

But of course this assumes you're not married to some psychopath or drug addict or other drama-filled spouse that makes the above impossible.

Yeah financially responsible woman would be best for this. Not the typical "hey there is money in this account, OMG money in this account untouched, I have to spend it before it goes bad. I will buy a fcuk load of shit and of course one thing for the husband, and most of it on sale because I am super smart and saved us a ton of money on these 3 sets of decorative pillows no one gives a fcuk about!"

I have a good story about facebook privacy. Set up: my friend and his gf are washing dishes after dinner we just had, I am on the laptop ordering tickets for a concert directly across from them at the kicthen table.

They are discussing something, then he says "ok sure you can check it after we are done with the dishes"

then he says "Hey how it that concert ticket search going?"

me - not bad, looking for seats

him - oh any good ones? As he makes his way over.

I pull up the screen and go "well here is what they have open for 8 people"

Without hesitation he points to the address bar

Presses F and facebook comes up

I get it instantly and log him in.

How about these ones? as he points to messages

I go in and say "these" to the first girl?

"nah no good" delete

and these ones? delete

oh these are not bad - save

I think we deleted 6 girls and messages and he went back to washing dishes with his gf. Then she checked his FB and was very happy.

Yeah financially responsible woman would be best for this. Not the typical "hey there is money in this account, OMG money in this account untouched, I have to spend it before it goes bad. I will buy a fcuk load of shit and of course one thing for the husband, and most of it on sale because I am super smart and saved us a ton of money on these 3 sets of decorative pillows no one gives a fcuk about!"

I have a good story about facebook privacy. Set up: my friend and his gf are washing dishes after dinner we just had, I am on the laptop ordering tickets for a concert directly across from them at the kicthen table.

They are discussing something, then he says "ok sure you can check it after we are done with the dishes"

then he says "Hey how it that concert ticket search going?"

me - not bad, looking for seats

him - oh any good ones? As he makes his way over.

I pull up the screen and go "well here is what they have open for 8 people"

Without hesitation he points to the address bar

Presses F and facebook comes up

I get it instantly and log him in.

How about these ones? as he points to messages

I go in and say "these" to the first girl?

"nah no good" delete

and these ones? delete

oh these are not bad - save

I think we deleted 6 girls and messages and he went back to washing dishes with his gf. Then she checked his FB and was very happy.

:lol2:

Wow, so he constantly has to worry about this?

Along that same line, a guy on my hockey team shares his blackberry with his wife.

So we have to be careful when throwing the typical hockey guy insults and rude comments out to the whole team.

This is an interesting one too....I've had a buddy tell me he asked his girl to check a text once, and it was from me.

Luckily it was innocuous, but every now and then I send something rather low brow...doh!

:icon_super:

Now I await the day you're having an important conversation with your friends/business associates, and you close the door in her face. ;)

I have occassionally had someone (or maybe multiple people) send me a text by accident thinking I am someone else. Here they are:

"U live in a room w food and bugs ur gross totally unacceptable maybe i do need meds ur by far the shitest person i've ever sen look at that bitch"

"Clearly ur jealous of me go get u and kylee a nice trailer get a cosigner hahaha"

"Ok im coming what sandwich do u get from wawi just pay me when i get there or will u go w me?gota get liquor"

I just remembered a story about what happens when husband/wife phones get confused...

I was in Vegas two years ago with a buddy who brought his pregnant wife along for the ride. When it was time to go out at night, she stayed at the hotel but unbeknownst to me, the two of them switched cell phones at dinner for some reason....a good reason, technical stuff or maybe it was an honest mistake.

So we're at Sapphire or whatever strip club it was at...I'm getting lap dances left and right and literally cannot find this guy in between...lol. Maybe 2 hours in I decide to call him to see where he's at....it's pretty loud in the place and too cold to go outside. I hear a female pick up and I assume it's some stripper not his wife!

I'm saying things like "Stop being a bad girl and put my boy on the phone".... :lol2:

Eventually I find the dude, and he tells me what happened and I felt like a dick!! :eusa_wall:

I didn't witness it but they had an argument over it, and there was tension. I explained to her what had happened, and she believed me and he was forgiven....however, it wasn't enough to save him from a lifetime ban at strip clubs. :icon_mrgreen:

They have had a great marriage all along, very trusting and everything, one of the better ones I've seen. And yet, a stupid fluke incident like this can still create problems.

My wife is super nosey, I would never give her the passwords to my stuff. I dont want the passwords to her stuff either, I have way too many important things to do than to worry about whos shes facebooking.

You guys want to hear insecure? I got a great one for ya... :lol2:

In college, I was dating one of the hottest girls on campus at one point (unbeknownst to me at the time, she was also NUTS...LOL). Well, the longer we dated, the more posessive and crazy this girl got, to the point where most of my female friends were afraid to hang out with me because they knew how easily she flew off the handle.

One day on campus, one of my best female friends walked past me and made it VERY obvious she was completely ignoring me (I was standing outside the building my class was in, GF was nowhere in sight). Thinking it was weird that such a good friend had just blatently ignored me, I called her name once again and jogged to catch up with her saying "hey whats up?". She then gave me a VERY dirty look, and said, "Oh, NOW you decide you want to be friends again? Youre pathetic", and walked away, while I looked on completely dumbfounded.

As weird as that was, for the rest of the day I noticed more and more of my friends seemed to be snubbing me. Everyone seemed to be in a bad mood with me and I had NO idea why.

Well, it took me a few days to finally get to the bottom of it, but apparently the night before when I had stayed at my GF's apartment on campus, I had mistakenly left myself logged into AIM (AOL instant messenger for those of you NOT in the know, :lol2: , keep in mind this was 2002 before Facebook and "texting" were even around, so aside from calling people, AOL was THE means to communicate with your college buddies on campus!). Well when I left her apartment the next day, my GF had taken it upon herself to reply to EVERY single girl that IM'd me over the course of an afternoon, (pretending to be me), to tell them "that their IM's were a little annoying, and that I really didnt want them contacting me anymore as I felt it was disrespectful to my GF".

So ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day while I was on campus away from my computer, my friends were getting snubbed left and right as I told them off and cut ties in various ways, ALL because my GF couldnt STAND the thought of another girl flirting with me.

That little fiasco took me MONTHS to straighten out..as even after I explained it to my closer friends (who believed the story), there were plenty of others who came close to writing me off thinking what a flake or an as$hole I was!!!

Jealous GF's are no fun at all!

Jesus Lightening! Thats beyond bat shit crazy!!! And I remember the AIM days. It was the only way to communicate on campus. Either taht or leave an away message telling them where you were heading!

Jesus Lightening! Thats beyond bat shit crazy!!! And I remember the AIM days. It was the only way to communicate on campus. Either taht or leave an away message telling them where you were heading!

When I was in college you had to leave goddamned post-it notes on their dorm room door BECAUSE THERE WAS NO INTERNETTTTTTTTTTTT

You guys want to hear insecure? I got a great one for ya... :lol2:

In college, I was dating one of the hottest girls on campus at one point (unbeknownst to me at the time, she was also NUTS...LOL). Well, the longer we dated, the more posessive and crazy this girl got, to the point where most of my female friends were afraid to hang out with me because they knew how easily she flew off the handle.

One day on campus, one of my best female friends walked past me and made it VERY obvious she was completely ignoring me (I was standing outside the building my class was in, GF was nowhere in sight). Thinking it was weird that such a good friend had just blatently ignored me, I called her name once again and jogged to catch up with her saying "hey whats up?". She then gave me a VERY dirty look, and said, "Oh, NOW you decide you want to be friends again? Youre pathetic", and walked away, while I looked on completely dumbfounded.

As weird as that was, for the rest of the day I noticed more and more of my friends seemed to be snubbing me. Everyone seemed to be in a bad mood with me and I had NO idea why.

Well, it took me a few days to finally get to the bottom of it, but apparently the night before when I had stayed at my GF's apartment on campus, I had mistakenly left myself logged into AIM (AOL instant messenger for those of you NOT in the know, :lol2: , keep in mind this was 2002 before Facebook and "texting" were even around, so aside from calling people, AOL was THE means to communicate with your college buddies on campus!). Well when I left her apartment the next day, my GF had taken it upon herself to reply to EVERY single girl that IM'd me over the course of an afternoon, (pretending to be me), to tell them "that their IM's were a little annoying, and that I really didnt want them contacting me anymore as I felt it was disrespectful to my GF".

So ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day while I was on campus away from my computer, my friends were getting snubbed left and right as I told them off and cut ties in various ways, ALL because my GF couldnt STAND the thought of another girl flirting with me.

That little fiasco took me MONTHS to straighten out..as even after I explained it to my closer friends (who believed the story), there were plenty of others who came close to writing me off thinking what a flake or an as$hole I was!!!

Jealous GF's are no fun at all!

Thats a bitch move, I am surprised you didnt kill her, although it does sound like you had WAY too many friends that were girls back in college :)

When I was in college you had to leave goddamned post-it notes on their dorm room door BECAUSE THERE WAS NO INTERNETTTTTTTTTTTT

At times I wonder how we can get by these days without phones, text, internet...

But I remember living before all that too....early high school...and it wasn't a problem.

BTW, I think all of this tech is great and all but in the world of dating I think it has favored the female more than the male.

At times I wonder how we can get by these days without phones, text, internet...

But I remember living before all that too....early high school...and it wasn't a problem.

BTW, I think all of this tech is great and all but in the world of dating I think it has favored the female more than the male.

I remember having to keep calling the person because there was no answer machines.. also no hands free phones, so you spent hours on that chain next to the phone... lastly, yelling under people's windows (in apt's) because their phone lines were busy.

Texting is actually a god scent ..I used to refuse to text just because it seemed easy way out but being able to text hours later or mass text different people is very useful

I can understand Lightning's girlfriend not liking him flirting with other women, but going and doing what she did is NOT the way you address something like that!