7.2 quake rocks japan

Roman

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W.B Baptist church set up the website www.godhatesjapan.com

Check it out. Anonymous had it down in hours

Im not really sure why he links to the Japan providing America assistance after Katrina?

Does he thinks Westboro baptist gives a shit? As I recall, one of their first rants was "thank God for Katrina."

i'm very happy to hear some "good" news, even if they are not good but at least better than the previous news.

Well done, but i think they will be safe just when there will be a 30 feet layer of concrete on those reactors.

But things begin improving, that is a very good news. :icon_thumleft:

ciao

LEVEL 7

Fukushima nuclear disaster has now reached the top level, 7.

And it's not stopped yet: they have no more than a week or two to stop things, then IAEA we will need to create a brand new Level 8 to describe the disaster...

Radioactive cloud will be here on Italy tuesday, and we are on the other side of the world.

ciao

LOL. What?

Has Albert confused LP with the Yahoo stock forums?

Where are you getting this crap, Albert? There is not a single news agency reporting anything of the sort.

Latest news is that iodine radiation levels of the water inside the reactor are 10 million times normal, but that they have a half-life of like an hour. Levels at sea are 1850 times normal, but will be highly diluted very quickly.

LOL. What?

Where are you getting this crap, Albert? There is not a single news agency reporting anything of the sort.

Latest news is that iodine radiation levels of the water inside the reactor are 10 million times normal, but that they have a half-life of like an hour. Levels at sea are 1850 times normal, but will be highly diluted very quickly.

:iamwithstupid:

no reports of such thing.

http://www.iaea.org/newscenter/news/tsunamiupdate01.html

Albert I will buy your Countach you won't need it any more if the "cloud" comes to Italy :icon_mrgreen:

LOL. What?

From Wikipedia:

Iodine 131 (131I) decays with a half-life of 8.02 days with beta and gamma emissions.

(It means that after 8 days it's the half, after other eight days it becomes the half of the half and so on. So it takes several months to reach low safety radiation level.)

131I is a fission product with a yield of 2.878% from uranium-235,[5] and can be released in nuclear weapons tests and nuclear accidents. However, the short half-life means it is not present in significant quantities in cooled spent nuclear fuel, unlike iodine-129 whose halflife is nearly a billion times that of I-131.

Other news comes from German Nuclear authorities.

I'm a power plant engineer, i did never write stupid things on this topic.

ciao

world will go on, this is just a Japan disaster with minor problems to other countries.

I think here no one has still undestand how big is the problem at Fukushima, but this does not mean that here in Europe or USA there will be big or even significative problems. The big problems are just in Japan and will remain there.

Of course news of level 7 will be official just in some weeks.

ciao

I'm a power plant engineer, i did never write stupid things on this topic.

I do not think a powerplant engineer would use such poor grammar though...:eusa_think:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12875327

The operators of a stricken Japanese nuclear plant have apologised for a "mistake" in reporting a radiation spike 10 million times above normal.

Tokyo Electric Power Company, which has previously been criticised by officials for its handling of the crisis at the plant, said it got the readings wrong.

Despite the mistake, the radiation spike at reactor 2 was still very high and enough to evacuate workers.

The apology by the Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) related to water readings at reactor 2 at the plant, 240km (150 miles) north of Tokyo.

It had said radiation levels reached 10 million times higher than normal in the cooling system but because the level was so high the worker taking the reading had to evacuate before confirming it with a second reading.

"The number is not credible. We are very sorry," said Tepco spokesman Takashi Kurita.

A spokesman for Japan's nuclear watchdog, Hidehiko Nishiyama, said the level of radiation in puddles near reactor 2 was confirmed at 1,000 millisieverts an hour.

"It is an extremely high figure," Mr Nishiyama said.

The radiation levels are so high, that emergency workers near the contaminated water would have received four times their maximum annual dose of radiation in just one hour.

The BBC's Mark Worthington in Tokyo says the erroneous report has created more confusion around a crisis that is already causing widespread unease in the country.

I do not think a powerplant engineer would use such poor grammar though...:eusa_think:

Pot kettle Wheels.

Here we do not speak english, as i'm an italian that works and lives in Italy: i'm sure that my (poor) english grammar is by far better than your italian grammar, insn't it?

ciao

Here we do not speak english, as i'm an italian that works and lives in Italy: i'm sure that my (poor) english grammar is by far better than your italian grammar, insn't it?

ciao

:tyson: :eusa_clap:

His English is better than your Italian....

Dont do that again.

His English is better than your Italian....

Dont do that again.

Don't be so harsh on Wheels for that, but for the fact that he thinks engineers write well :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: