Good bYe LP Brethren!

Go to Poznan and do some laps on the roadcourse, then come up to Sweden and I'll take you to the Ferrari dealership to shop for some apparel :icon_thumleft:

Enjoy the trip and be careful, lots of crap in some places, take care!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soo today was an interesting day. I was wrong I thinking we go to krakow today, we go tomorrow. This morning we went to a few places in Wroclaw. We tried to go to some museums but they were closed . We ended up at church that was built in 1000! Here as I was going around studying the church and taking pictures I stumbled on a corridor that was fenced off. As i tried to look in I pulled my camera out and started taking pics.. All of a sudden i noticed as i pointed up what honestly looked like a ghost or spirit of some sort. It looked like a drape, a see through drape that was flowing in the wind. I swear to god it freaked me out. I looked all around to see if it was some sort of reflection light or anything, and it was not. It moved around, changed shape and seemed to flow in he wind. I called my wife over to see and it freakedher out to the point she ran out the church. My mother and stepfather came to see, and also freaked out. You could only see it through the view finder in the camera. I started snappingics and i was able to get someictures of it. All day I've been looking at them trying to think of an explanation. Nothing can explain what i saw. I'll upload the pics when i get back. I'm now pissed it didn't dawn on me to change to movie mode. Im going to try and go back tommorow morning.

I also found a pretty car magazine with a piece on the Race the Base. Disspointing to read the underscore saying the Heffner Gallardo supposedlyhad 1000hp..but didn't perform like it. There is also a picture of our very own Ryno in it saying he was still happy even thigh he could not reach his goal of 300kmh in his Spyker. On a car note, best cars I've seenon e road here are a 996tt, and a bentley gt. Interestingly enough on the drive to a place called Nova Ruda, where my grandparents are buried we saw in a glass case in the middle of a farmyard a ferrari 430.

Otherwise it's been pretty neat around this area. Everything just reminds me of being in a war movie with all the architecture coming straight from the war. The cobblestone roads, the dilapidated buildings, old churches etc. I love it.

People seem to get excited when they find out we're from the U.S., especially women. Although it could be my dashing good looks. Guys seem to be all overmywife, not caring who is around, some of them looking to be as young as like 15. Tomorrow we a off to krakow. Sorry for the writing this damn iPad sucks..

did the ghost look like this?

casper.jpg

If the ghost looked like one of the above - it wasn't a church, it was an arcade, and you have gone back in time 25 years.

Could it be the friendly ghost of Mr Enzo trying to welcome you? :icon_mrgreen:

More like the ghost of Ferruccio coming to give him a midnight choke-out! :icon_mrgreen:

More like the ghost of Ferruccio coming to give him a midnight choke-out! :icon_mrgreen:

I guess you are right, what was I thinking? Enzo must be busy running errands for Ferruccio he certainly has no time playing ghost :icon_mrgreen:

Sounds like you are having a good time Allan. If you get a chance take a picture of the article and upload to LP or let me know what magazine it is from and I will search online. Zapper can fill you in on how his Gallardo ran on the airstrip! He had a hard time keeping it straight :)

I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Italy!!!!

Sounds like you are having a good time Allan. If you get a chance take a picture of the article and upload to LP or let me know what magazine it is from and I will search online. Zapper can fill you in on how his Gallardo ran on the airstrip! He had a hard time keeping it straight :)

I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Italy!!!!

Soon as I get home I will get the mag online. Thanks!

Guest Rob Burgundy
Today off to krakow and aushwitz.

Be ready to have the most sobering experience of you're life and bring some nose plugs.

Be ready to have the most sobering experience of you're life and bring some nose plugs.

I live 120 miles from Auschwitz and I've never been there :rolleyes: I definitely need to go there soon.

I hope you guys realize who built and operated the camps cause there has been a lot of misinformation in european media in the recent years.

Guest Rob Burgundy
I live 120 miles from Aushwitz and I've never been there :rolleyes: I definitely need to go there soon.

Ive visited there and Dachau.. Im glad I had parents who were able to convey to me at such a young age what I was viewing and where I was standing as how it related to some of the most evil acts that mankind has ever committed. Still makes my stomach turn to this day.

Guest Rob Burgundy

On a positive note the most beautiful place ive ever visited was also on the same trip.

castle_Neuschwanstein_winter.jpg

On a positive note the most beautiful place ive ever visited was also on the same trip.

Just went there last October. Def a sick place!

I live 120 miles from Auschwitz and I've never been there :rolleyes: I definitely need to go there soon.

I hope you guys realize who built and operated the camps cause there has been a lot of misinformation in european media in the recent years.

Please elaborate on this?

I'm interested in history and it is always nice to learn some more.

Did Aushwitz today. Pretty insane and sad sad place. Can't help but walk around with a heavy heart and shortness of breath. Never experienced anything like it. Spent the rest of the day in krakow and will be here till Thursday. I got lots of pictures I'll upload when I get home.

Guest Rob Burgundy
Did Aushwitz today. Pretty insane and sad sad place. Can't help but walk around with a heavy heart and shortness of breath. Never experienced anything like it. Spent the rest of the day in krakow and will be here till Thursday. I got lots of pictures I'll upload when I get home.

The way I look at it is there is good to come from everything. Whats done is done and there's no changing that... If Auschwitz standing there as a monument to what took place reminds us of the atrocities once committed and leaves us remembering what humanity is capable of when inspired by evil and dictatorships then the good to come from it is we will remember never to repeat it again.