Good bYe LP Brethren!

Allan I am headed over there in 2 months. Staying in Rome for 3 days before a 10 day cruise. Need some cliffs notes on what to see in and around Rome.

You will have a blast, Rome was one of my favorite cities in Europe. Most impressive thing you will see (IMO)is the Colloseum, although we were fortunate enough to be in the Vatican City at noon when the Pope blesses the town square as well (which was obviously very meaningful). The Colloseam is just awe-inspiring to see in real life though and to actually stand both outside and within it. In addition, the Pantheon, the Trevi fountain, St. Peters Bassilica, and of course, the Vatican City with the Sistine Chapel are all at the top of the list as well. I found Rome to be an amazing city.

Venice was very similar as described, although I dont remember it being quite the cesspool that some have described it as. ;) lol. You definitely wouldnt want to get any of the water from the canals on you ( :icon_oak: ), and the city does have a weird odor to it (although at the time, I remembered it more as being similar to what you would expect a city full of rivers to smell like, it wasnt that bad). As some have said, it was an experience to see it once but having been there now, it wouldnt be at the top of my list to see again. Best part about Venice was the Gelaterias everywhere. As Allan has mentioned, that stuff is addicting. :icon_mrgreen:

Florence as some have said is beautiful, both in architecture and culture. The statue of David was alot bigger than I had anticipated as well, it really surprised me when I walked into the room where it resides.

Looking forward to the next updates Allan!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soo I am back. I walked my fat ass 2.1 km only to find out........there's nothing there! I reread the press release and it says the car has been already left on display. Nothing..nada..zilch. I was at the exact spot they showed it in the pics too.. Spoke to some friendly carabinieri who informed me the car was there last week but quickly taken away. Thank god I found some good gelatto on the way back.

You will have a blast, Rome was one of my favorite cities in Europe. Most impressive thing you will see (IMO)is the Colloseum, although we were fortunate enough to be in the Vatican City at noon when the Pope blesses the town square as well (which was obviously very meaningful). The Colloseam is just awe-inspiring to see in real life though and to actually stand both outside and within it. In addition, the Pantheon, the Trevi fountain, St. Peters Bassilica, and of course, the Vatican City with the Sistine Chapel are all at the top of the list as well. I found Rome to be an amazing city.

Venice was very similar as described, although I dont remember it being quite the cesspool that some have described it as. ;) lol. You definitely wouldnt want to get any of the water from the canals on you ( :icon_oak: ), and the city does have a weird odor to it (although at the time, I remembered it more as being similar to what you would expect a city full of rivers to smell like, it wasnt that bad). As some have said, it was an experience to see it once but having been there now, it wouldnt be at the top of my list to see again. Best part about Venice was the Gelaterias everywhere. As Allan has mentioned, that stuff is addicting. :icon_mrgreen:

Florence as some have said is beautiful, both in architecture and culture. The statue of David was alot bigger than I had anticipated as well, it really surprised me when I walked into the room where it resides.

Looking forward to the next updates Allan!

Going to Rome for 4 days then a 7 day cruise on Royal Caribbean. Then spending another 3 days on the tail end. Trying to hit the Lambo factory at some point.

Itinerary:

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Messina (Sicily), Italy; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey; Chania (Souda), Crete, Greece; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

Rome is beautiful . It's our second time here and you forget how amazing it is. Haven't done much so far, but did see the Piazza where Mussolini would address the crowds. Spending 5 days here so I'll have lots of pics. I've taken close to 1300 pics zoo far.

Rome is beautiful . It's our second time here and you forget how amazing it is. Haven't done much so far, but did see the Piazza where Mussolini would address the crowds. Spending 5 days here so I'll have lots of pics. I've taken close to 1300 pics zoo far.

Nice! I gotta get a new camera before I go. Looking to get a DSLR type of camera, so I can start taking some quality photos.

Allan I am headed over there in 2 months. Staying in Rome for 3 days before a 10 day cruise. Need some cliffs notes on what to see in and around Rome.

Me too maybe June or July, we're going to Paris first then make our way over to Rome, I was thinking about Venice now after reading everyone's reviews I changed my mind. Can't wait it's my kids first time over in Europe.

Me too maybe June or July, we're going to Paris first then make our way over to Rome, I was thinking about Venice now after reading everyone's reviews I changed my mind. Can't wait it's my kids first time over in Europe.

June, July is hot as balls here.. Good choice on skipping Venice , your kids would be bored to death.

Obama on tv here.. I hate that dumb ass urkell looking Mofo.. Ya dumb ass.. Let's fcuking ass rape those that work their ass off so that those that don't can live better. fcuk them.. And fcuk you asswipe.

It's a shame the lp700 was'nt there I'm curious to hear your thoughts once you see it in the flesh. Yeah summer is brutal in Europe, no worse than Florida though.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Two nuns are riding their bikes down the back streets of Rome. One says breathlessly, "I've never come this way before!" to which the other replies, "It's the cobblestones."

Two nuns are riding their bikes down the back streets of Rome. One says breathlessly, "I've never come this way before!" to which the other replies, "It's the cobblestones."

:lol2:

:lol2:

Great thread, and the updates are awesome... :icon_thumleft:

Seems like Rome is the place to be. I'll be there in May for 3 1/2 days. Paris for 3 1/2 days. Nice to see the updates Allan.

Your travel reviews are actually better than your car reviews somehow...

This thread is delivering great content. :icon_thumleft:

Woke up this morning to some fcuking Italian marching band outside.. I'm gonna fcuking shoot them! Not to mention they seem to suck ass and only know one note.

Don't forget early evening (5-7ish) cocktails at the DeRussi Hotel, near the Spanish Steps, at the Piazza de Poppolo.

Dinner at the Hostoria de Pietro in the same area

So one thing that I've forgotten to mention, is that we are here in what turns out to b cultural week, which means entrance to everything is free. You'd think that is a good thing right? Wrong! Every single school, from elementary to college, combine with every single tightwad the world over is here. The lines are absolutely ridiculous. Many places take hours to get into. We have been able to buy VIP tickets to many, which allow you to bypass the lines, but some don't do it. Those we skip..

Went to the collesium today, the ruins etc.. Omg do my feet hurt. Walking on all those unlaced cobblestones kills your feet. Amazing how good my memory is, last time in Rome for us was 9 years ago, and we can walk down a street for example, and I'd say to my wife.. How this was familiar. That I believed there was a rolls Royce dealer here, and low and behold a block later there was what used to be the dealer. All that remains now is the outline of the emblems though. Even found several of our favorite restaurants.

People seem to love my lambopower tshirt, everyone asks about it, laughs and takes pictures.

Oh and for those who are here.. Whats the deal with tipping? We continue to tip, but find that waiters seem sometimes surprised, and have noticed that most others do not tip?

Oh and for those who are here.. Whats the deal with tipping? We continue to tip, but find that waiters seem sometimes surprised, and have noticed that most others do not tip?

In Europe waiter pay is included in the meal price. This is why in the US servers hate serving foreigners, because they are usally ignorant and do not tip.

It's included in the price, and so are the sale taxes. The price you see is the price you pay. Normally you don't take your change (it's a few cents or euro). If the service is great, of course, you can tip. But let's be honest, the service usually sucks in Europe.

You've been making servers very happy..that's what's happening :icon_mrgreen:

It's included in the price, and so are the sale taxes. The price you see is the price you pay. Normally you don't take your change (it's a few cents or euro). If the service is great, of course, you can tip. But let's be honest, the service usually sucks in Europe.

Europeans say the same thing about the US Service! :icon_mrgreen: