High mileage 6.0 SE...

bean_328i

Was this the car that was driven back and forth from Vegas to LA? If so there was a thread on this car a while back.

I have some of the service records and additional pics of this car if anyone is interested they can PM me. It's in great shape for the miles. Fairly priced too.

Was this the car that was driven back and forth from Vegas to LA? If so there was a thread on this car a while back.

Different car.

Different car.

Out of nothing more than curiousity, do you know any info on this car? You likely know more about Diablos compared to anyone but if you don't wish to share I'll respect that.

Lots of service money in this. I was recently checking out the 6.0 market and on ebay Roy has one on there now, a silver one with 30,000 miles, and it's last service was $52k. Given a lot was performed, I would assume it was the first engine out service, as well as brakes and shocks, that that particular car had but it's mileage is less than half of the one we are discussing here.

That one was silver.

Different car.

That one was silver.

yeah wasnt that one of the titanium cars Roy had?

yeah wasnt that one of the titanium cars Roy had?

I have had a few "higher" mile 6.0 cars...I can tell you they seem to just run better with miles on them..my own 6.0SE is approaching 35K and it still has the orginal clutch in it and drives like a frickn champ..I would say the SE that DC has, if it has been maintained and checks out on a PPI it is well worth 110K plus..the SE cars IMO just drive that much better with the shorter gears, better seats and other little extras they have over to regular 6.0

• 6 months later...
Lots of service money in this. I was recently checking out the 6.0 market and on ebay Roy has one on there now, a silver one with 30,000 miles, and it's last service was $52k. Given a lot was performed, I would assume it was the first engine out service, as well as brakes and shocks, that that particular car had but it's mileage is less than half of the one we are discussing here.

a 52 thousand dollar service ??

good lord, I could see like 20 or 25 grand for all that stuff....

a 52 thousand dollar service ??

good lord, I could see like 20 or 25 grand for all that stuff....

It adds up quick! When that engine comes out you do a bunch of other stuff (replace the $1000 alternator, water pump, lines, hoses, etc). Shocks are $2k/piece. Brake pads, rotors, calipers etc.

I'd still like to see what a $52k service receipt looks like to see what all was done.

I have worked on a 99 Diablo that had over 100k on it.

Factory brake pads and rotors are 12,500 for the parts thing can add up real fast. But at 52k that means they went thru about every thing I would hope.

I have worked on a 99 Diablo that had over 100k on it.

Factory brake pads and rotors are 12,500 for the parts thing can add up real fast. But at 52k that means they went thru about every thing I would hope.

HUGE rip off, I they make you replace not only the rotor but the hats too. For 2k I sourced the rotors back to Brembo AND upgraded from the drilled rotors to slotted ones, and a few hundred for pads.

The shocks can be repaired and upgraded too for like $500.