6.0 diablo w/rear bumper removed...

oufan2929

I LOVE the way this car looks. Did some come from the factory like that, or is there a rear bumper delete kit, or does the rear bumper just come off and the end result looks like that?

60diablo.jpg

I believe you can just take the rear bumper off and it looks like that. I know DanC aka Achtung did it to his yellow 6.0 up in indy and I personally was not a fan. I believe there are small triangular pieces that normally fill in that area behind the rear wheel where that red reflector is. I feel like abolfaz may have done this with his black 6.0 as well. I will admit, that white car is the first car I really thought it looked good on.

if i remember correctly topcarbon did that to his yellow Diablo too. i can search for some pics later.

judging by the pics i like that mod. makes the Diablo look more like a race car.

i like the mod

not few diablos are now bumperless

i thought about removing mine, i like the look!

that does look 10x more aggressive on the rear....

Yea, I love the look for sure! I wonder if it'd be too unbalance to leave the wing on it but take bumper off???

visually, who knows... but performance wise, i can't imagine too much as the lower bumper is just that.. a bumper. it's not like it's a diffuser.

visually, who knows... but performance wise, i can't imagine too much as the lower bumper is just that.. a bumper. it's not like it's a diffuser.

Really, I just meant cosmetically. With no bumper, it may look a little "top heavy" if you know what I mean. It's almost as if the bumper balances the looks of the spoiler. Or if you took bumper off, it almost seems like you'd need to take the spoiler off as well...

At 150+MPH I'm guessing it would do something more than just acting as a bumper. Only race variants GTR and SVR came without the rear bar and these cars have a proper spoiler.

The little triangle piece that fits in the back after the bumper is gone, you see the pics with the side refelctor in it, they are Carbon Fiber.

They where made by the Factory as an OEM part..but noo longer available. They were made for customers that wanted to remove the standard bumper and replace it with the GT de-fusser bar...like I did on my SE #19. They came in CF or primer raw for painting.. I sold one set I had to "topcarbon" for his 91 Yellow Diablo at the time it was a USA version set carbon fiber type. The ones I put on my car were the Euro version set, dont need a side reflector marker. I had them painted to match the body color of the car. I have one Euro set left..

For the Gold SE..it's painted and no reflector, the Euro style

post-23696-1306376357.jpg

post-23696-1306376367.jpg

• 2 years later...

The Whits 6.0 doesn't look crazy bad without those little triangle pieces either. Interesting.

Edit: Also has the tips that go with a bumper and it doesn't look too bad. I'm sure would look better with a steeper angled set of tips.

Lol, I want to buy another diablo just so I can do this to it!

I'm doing it!

YES!!!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT I HAVE (RE) STARTED!!!!!!