New convertible options.... 4 seats...

FikseSTS

looking for a convertible, wife would be the primary driver, need 4 seats to cram the kids in from time to time.... considering the Gran Turismo, XKR, DB9, 911 Turbo PDK.... anyone with direct experience with Astons and Maseratis? I'm really liking the Gran Turismo...... what else is there to consider in the 75-150k price range?

Tw_640.jpg

Screen_shot_2011_05_26_at_10.00.35_PM.jpg

__KGrHqV__lUE3HtDJHbiBNy_SJ1_Ng___4.JPG

__KGrHqEOKj0E21lkU8oVBNv_r_g67Q___4.JPG

back seats of the Aston are not useable IMO for even kids. The maserati you can fit kids in the back. The 911 maybe you can fit kids too, but its tight.

yea, the Maserati seems really roomy compared to the others.... GTC is an option as well I guess, didn't think they were in the price range, and twin turbo :)

back seats of the Aston are not useable IMO for even kids. The maserati you can fit kids in the back. The 911 maybe you can fit kids too, but its tight.

PA_640.jpg

GTC is your only option since its in the price range.

yea, I'm liking the GTC, $11k for an extended 3 year warranty, worth it? are these cars known to be troublesome?

yea, I'm liking the GTC, $11k for an extended 3 year warranty, worth it? are these cars known to be troublesome?

For what year and how many miles on it? If its low mile (under 20k) I wouldn't spend 11k. That would go a long way fixing problems. I only put 6k on mine but never an issue.

You plan on keeping it for 3 years?

As others have said, the maserati and the bentley are the best bets. Between the two, maserati is roomier and feels more planted. The bentley is more powerful and more luxurious. Can't go wring with either.

• 2 weeks later...

No idea on pricing/availability over there, but if the kids are old enough to not need rear-facing child seats then I'd look at an AM DB9 Volante. Though it's not as roomy in the rear as the GTC or Maserati, imo it is a very cool car and most kids should fit comfortably in the rear at least till their early teens. Although the Virage Volante is due later this year I think? And looks to be even better.