Depressed and bummed out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After trying and trying to figure out how to import my D Roadster (up to Canada) I finally might have to admit defeat as sad as it is . I have one long shot left but I doubt it, so might have to wait another 10 months fcuk!!!!! :eusa_wall:

I hate the RIV Canadian import out of date, self serving standard of importing vehicles laws err should I say suggestions . Turns out RIV is not even a government run organization they basically are just a private institution to help with import laws. Some have even said that as far as they can tell RIV Canada is owned operated by Canadian Tire?????? so why are these clowns choosing what is or is not admissible?????????? 3 years ago they had set off rules of importing Ferrari, because of this I chose a 348 instead of a 355. 2 years later they changed their minds and all Ferrari's are admissible now WTF.

Now I have the same problem with my 97.5 D Roadster, it can be imported next year (15 yr rule of importation ) but not his year. Yet any Lambo built Sept 1 99 or newer is admissible now?????? besides the obvious few body & interior changes and a few engine mods not much is different. In fact some cars that are allowed in (other manufactures) have way less safety standards than my car????

It once use to be about bumper height, then 5 mph bumpers to 7 mph bumpers (total horse caca) then airbags then dual airbags etc..... well my car has all those so WTF

I called them to find out who came up with this magical production of 99 Sept 1 or newer, they said call Transport Canada, I call them they say Lamborghini Canada I call them they say RIV Canada so who is the F#cking genius ??????????? I have a feeling by next year they will allow all Lambos and I will go ballistic grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry sorry had to vent, thanks for listening

In the end I knew what I was getting into going in the sale, that I might have to wait and I am fine with that, I love my car, it is stored in safe place and I go down once in a while drive it up and down PCH, not many people in the world get a chance to do that I guess

DSC01913.JPG

DSC01915.JPG

Los_Angeles_trip_095.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After trying and trying to figure out how to import my D Roadster (up to Canada) I finally might have to admit defeat as sad as it is . I have one long shot left but I doubt it, so might have to wait another 10 months fcuk!!!!! :eusa_wall:

I hate the RIV Canadian import out of date, self serving standard of importing vehicles laws err should I say suggestions . Turns out RIV is not even a government run organization they basically are just a private institution to help with import laws. Some have even said that as far as they can tell RIV Canada is owned operated by Canadian Tire?????? so why are these clowns choosing what is or is not admissible?????????? 3 years ago they had set off rules of importing Ferrari, because of this I chose a 348 instead of a 355. 2 years later they changed their minds and all Ferrari's are admissible now WTF.

Now I have the same problem with my 97.5 D Roadster, it can be imported next year (15 yr rule of importation ) but not his year. Yet any Lambo built Sept 1 99 or newer is admissible now?????? besides the obvious few body & interior changes and a few engine mods not much is different. In fact some cars that are allowed in (other manufactures) have way less safety standards than my car????

It once use to be about bumper height, then 5 mph bumpers to 7 mph bumpers (total horse caca) then airbags then dual airbags etc..... well my car has all those so WTF

I called them to find out who came up with this magical production of 99 Sept 1 or newer, they said call Transport Canada, I call them they say Lamborghini Canada I call them they say RIV Canada so who is the F#cking genius ??????????? I have a feeling by next year they will allow all Lambos and I will go ballistic grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry sorry had to vent, thanks for listening

In the end I knew what I was getting into going in the sale, that I might have to wait and I am fine with that, I love my car, it is stored in safe place and I go down once in a while drive it up and down PCH, not many people in the world get a chance to do that I guess

Why not keep it registered in California for the time being and drive it in Canada? Or can you only drive it for a short period before it has to leave the country? I was looking at buying a car in the US (either BMW or Audi) and taking German delivery and driving it here in Italy while I am here and then shipping back to the states, but they only allow the car to stay in Europe for 3 months before it must leave, I don't know what Canada's rules are, but maybe an alternative to waiting.

it tooks me 1 year to register mine in Italy (and a lot of headhaches!! :read: without US-UK diablo :icon_thumleft: i would probably never managed to register it here!! )

and around 2 to completely restore it

i would almost consider you lucky!! ;)

post-4328-1307444410_thumb.jpg

Stunning car and there are worse places in the world to be stuck then driving her on the PCH!

Quick someone tell me if the headlights are reversed or not! (I spend too much time in this place) :P

It is a sad situation..a few answers..

YES..RIV is basicaly supported by and funded with profit by Canadian Tire Parent COmpany per contract from the Canadian Goverment.

The strict rules for Lambo entry were pretty much written by the one and only LAST "importer" of Lamborghini, which is in Canada...all other Dealers are direct franchise from the factory, not Canada, they buy from the "importer" which has the contraact for all of Canada and HE buyes direct from the Factory.

I highly dought, due to competition, you will SEE all Lambos allowed in. As a matter of fact, Lamborghini has just finished with a "World Wide" meeting of all their Dealers and this subject, (USA cars into Canada) was the main topic.

I Lambo past 9/1999 is NOT allowed in with out the recall letter from the "MANUFACTURE" not the Dealer on the letterhead...which is 99% of the cars that have gone up there. This "lettter' was produced by USA Dealers to get past the law and sell their cars into Canada..which in all fairness just hurts the Dealers up there that cant compete against the USA prices.

It is my understanding that as the result of all these recent Gallardos and the such to go north, with this "UN-Authorized" letter from USA Dealers..there is a MAJOR crack down in the works. There is to be a collection of all the VIN # of cars registered into Canada of late, then a back search tot rack what "Authorized" Dealer approved the sale. That USA Dealer is to be met with sever sanctions from the Factory..as sever as the removal of thier Franchise lesson.

I am sure we will be hearing more in the near future.

saw your car a couple of weeks ago:

25heu1g.jpg

The Diablo is just so much more intricate. What a beautiful and timeless design.

The one other solution:

I know of TWO 1996 Diablo Roadster's here in the USA that are for sale..BOTH are Canadian VIN cars and originated from there, (as there were no 96 USA Roadsters)

Buy one of them and bring it back, one is Fly Yellow, the other is Blue Herra..

The one other solution:

I know of TWO 1996 Diablo Roadster's here in the USA that are for sale..BOTH are Canadian VIN cars and originated from there, (as there were no 96 USA Roadsters)

a good option

was blue hera available on 96 roadster or the car is chiaro blue?

i had a VT roadster brochure 95 to 97 i think, and i only seen chiaro and scuro blue colors

btw: interesting enough skandal green was available but i had never seen a roadster in that color

Roy: does the fly yellow one by chance have yellow gauges and taillight bezels? If so this was the first diablo roadster I ever saw in person (was at Autoforum in Toronto) and the colour combo is stunning!!

a good option

was blue hera available on 96 roadster or the car is chiaro blue?

i had a VT roadster brochure 95 to 97 i think, and i only seen chiaro and scuro blue colors

btw: interesting enough skandal green was available but i had never seen a roadster in that color

Correct, Chiaro Blue...close to Blue Herra so I use that as more understnad that color..

Roy: does the fly yellow one by chance have yellow gauges and taillight bezels? If so this was the first diablo roadster I ever saw in person (was at Autoforum in Toronto) and the colour combo is stunning!!

No, it is not sorry..

Looks like that fine diablo will not be coming up here for a while.I have had problems with riv too.I brought a car up from Washington state cleared it at the border had it inspected insured and registered in Alberta and thought everything was good.About a month later i got a notice in the mail telling me to export the car back to the US as the seatbelts were not properly tested by transport Canada.I tried to fight it with no luck. It is good that you have a secure place to store it and this time next year you will be driving it up here.

Looks like that fine diablo will not be coming up here for a while.I have had problems with riv too.I brought a car up from Washington state cleared it at the border had it inspected insured and registered in Alberta and thought everything was good.About a month later i got a notice in the mail telling me to export the car back to the US as the seatbelts were not properly tested by transport Canada.I tried to fight it with no luck. It is good that you have a secure place to store it and this time next year you will be driving it up here.

You are welcome to store it here..at my facility if you need to..OR would be happy to take it in on consignment here at our new retail store as well..

Thanks Roy

www.catsexotics.com

my opinion is:

canada SUCKS !!!

lol @ people being "in-admissable"

My guess is you haven't had much experience getting a car EPA and DOT certified in the US to make an ignorant comment like the one you just did.

Why not keep it registered in California for the time being and drive it in Canada? Or can you only drive it for a short period before it has to leave the country? I was looking at buying a car in the US (either BMW or Audi) and taking German delivery and driving it here in Italy while I am here and then shipping back to the states, but they only allow the car to stay in Europe for 3 months before it must leave, I don't know what Canada's rules are, but maybe an alternative to waiting.
Unfortunately one can attempt this but if I get red flagged it's done, so I would rather not take the chance. These people know more than you realize it is not like the good ol days where one can enter in one boarder crossing and exit the other. They know everything about what you do instantly, in fact when I flew down to L.A transfered in Denver the duty officer asked me if I was going down to buy a Lambo?????? How the hell did he know that??????? seriously how??????? So I think I will keep it straight lol Thanks for your input though :)

saw your car a couple of weeks ago:

25heu1g.jpg

OMG thats my baby :) thanks that was not expected, hats off to Lambopower and yourself sir thank you. Good pic too did you take it from Franks office ?

The one other solution:

Very interesting Roy, regardless if they were Canadian cars or not they are automatically allowed in because of the 15yr rule of exemption.

Can you send me info please, you should still have my e-mail, if not let me know.

You are welcome to store it here..at my facility if you need to..OR would be happy to take it in on consignment here at our new retail store as well..

Thanks Roy

www.catsexotics.com

Frank at Raging Bull offered his facility which was very nice of him, but I appreciate the offer Roy :)

My guess is you haven't had much experience getting a car EPA and DOT certified in the US to make an ignorant comment like the one you just did.

Ya don't be hatting Bro

Very interesting Roy, regardless if they were Canadian cars or not they are automatically allowed in because of the 15yr rule of exemption.

Can you send me info please, you should still have my e-mail, if not let me know.

You might want to look into this further. A Canadian-spec Diablo Roadster, even if it's been exported to and registered in the US, should have no problem being repatriated into Canada. I have done this in the past with Canadian F-Cars coming back to Canada from the US (prior to the bumper law change) without a problem.

You might want to look into this further. A Canadian-spec Diablo Roadster, even if it's been exported to and registered in the US, should have no problem being repatriated into Canada. I have done this in the past with Canadian F-Cars coming back to Canada from the US (prior to the bumper law change) without a problem.

The point he was trying to make is that in 10 months its irrelevant.

The car that he has right now will have a manufacturing date older than 15 years, and therefore will be exempt from all Canadian vehicle restrictions.

Any car, regardless if it was a model available in Canada or not, is allowed into the country after 15 years. Nightlife's car will be legal in Canada by next year.

That's why you see lots of japanese cars running around in Canada like Nissan GTR's, Celica GT-Four's and rhd RX7s.

The point he was trying to make is that in 10 months its irrelevant.

The car that he has right now will have a manufacturing date older than 15 years, and therefore will be exempt from all Canadian vehicle restrictions.

Any car, regardless if it was a model available in Canada or not, is allowed into the country after 15 years. Nightlife's car will be legal in Canada by next year.

That's why you see lots of japanese cars running around in Canada like Nissan GTR's, Celica GT-Four's and rhd RX7s.

He is Correct :), I can wait the 10 months ( I think ) My point was that this rule is so stupid I have to wait for a car that will be eligible next year but in reality is safer than the cars that are allowed in now ???????? And by there own rules and regulations on Sept 1 2014 wont even matter anymore because all Lambo's will be eligible for import period as all Lambo's now from Sept 1 1999 are allowed in.

I could see newer cars not allowed in because of the dealerships loosing out to U.S cars, especially with our dollar stronger than USD, but that is not even the case here at all.