MacBook Pro

pockmark

fcuking sucks

I bought it because everyone on LP was saying how great apple computers are.

My iPhone 4 is faster on the Internet. YouTube barely works on it. Can't even access iTunes yet.

I have been contemplating throwing it out the window.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a brand new one? Consider upgrading the memory. I just bought a new imac and was underimpressed at the speed with 4 gb ram. I bought 8 gb more aftermarket for 80 bucks off ebay and now the thing is blazing fast!

Maybe the memory is what it is.

Its weird-most Internet sites work great except YouTube which buffers every fcuking 30 seconds. It won't let me create an apple I'd and gets stuck. I can browse LP FAST though.

Wife is on hold with support now.

fcuking POS

Take it to an apple store. Talk to a genius. They are the ones with orange hair and nose piercings.

Take it to an apple store. Talk to a genius. They are the ones with orange hair and nose piercings.

With cheetos stains on their shirts, jeans with holes in them, and smell like pot?

Apple store is like 20 minutes away each way. If the support guy can't fix it maybe I will take it in and throw it at one of them.

Wife already wants to return it. Apple support thinks it's the router. My desktop ran off the same router with no issues.

Just bought a ipad2 and it sucks ass, no flash I can't even go on speedtest.net to check speeds.POS.

Ipads not having flash is more than common knowledge...

I second that. Buy a Xoom. I have one and I LOVE IT. As for speedtest there is a speedtest app in the app store....

Maybe the memory is what it is.

Its weird-most Internet sites work great except YouTube which buffers every fcuking 30 seconds. It won't let me create an apple I'd and gets stuck. I can browse LP FAST though.

Could just be YouTube and not anything on your end. I'd try restarting the computer and seeing what happens. Every now and then YouTube is PAINFULLY slow on my Xoom or my HTC Evo and I just exit the app and start all over again. By then I usually don't have any problem pulling down 720P videos. My POS Netbook can't really handle the HD goodness so I only watch in 360 or 480 on it.

I am not a big Apple fan and I would be the last person to defend them but I really doubt it is the computer or your old network hardware.

I tried that as well.

Now I'm no genius with computers by any means, but I'm pretty computer savvy.

Going to have to try a new router. If not cracking it over a hippies head.

I highly doubt it's the computer, unless something's truly wrong with the unit you got.

I have a new Macbook Pro, and Verizon Fios Internet, and it's fast as all freaking hell. LOVE this thing.

I would like to give a Mac another chance but my experience in High School with top of the line computers and me not wanting to get it and hate it, in turn throwing money down the drain. I just cant bring myself to buy one.

After many years with a company issued PC - I bought a macbook air.

Love it!

Can't imagine going back to pc.

On rare occasions when I get on hubby's pc it's very frustrating - not nearly as intuitive as the mac

Get an Airport Extreme router and you're done. Make sure you have the highest level of service your ISP offers. The MacBook Pro is the bomb.

Get an Airport Extreme router and you're done. Make sure you have the highest level of service your ISP offers.

+1 have it - works great

Get an Airport Extreme router and you're done. Make sure you have the highest level of service your ISP offers. The MacBook Pro is the bomb.

I have you to thank for the info regarding the memory upgrade.

One thing i wonder is Lion is debuting next month, i wonder if we'll get a break on the upgrade or if we'll have to pay the upgrade fee. It's only 30 bucks but still.

Exactly. I had Comcast upgrade my service with a new phone modem which came with wifi. When they installed it, the internet sucked and connection speed was sloooow. I linked my Airport Extreme to it and now everything runs super fast!

I just got the newest MBP after having another one for a year.....it is the bomb.