Lamborghini Gallardo hit by DUI Driver. Got 2 Questions

boomenbass

Gallardo rear ended (other party at fault and arrested for DUI). Damage to the rear bumper and right side of Lanari exhaust (bent pipe at minimum)I have two questions if anyone could please assist:

1. Should it be demanded that the whole car be re sprayed since the it really might not be possible to PERFECTLY match the replacement, even at a really good body shop? If so, will most insurance companies agree?

2. Any idea what percentage the vehicle is depreciated since it is now "involved in an accident" and will have to have some parts replaced? Obviously no where near totaled but it will still be a nice notation on the carfax now I assume. Can this depreciation be demanded from the insurance company or maybe it should be demanded from the insurance of the person at fault? Texas drivers are required to have a minimum of 25K in property damage coverage so there may be enough insurance from on the at fault vehicle/driver to cover a full spray, the exhaust and hopefully some of the depreciation

1: I wouldn't spray the whole car. I had a new bumper put on my car, and it's a difficult color to match (Giallo Orion) but the shop did a perfect job.

2: You're talking about "diminished value". Check your policy to see if you have that type of coverage.

Sorry about the accident. That sucks and the DUI makes it even worse.

1: I wouldn't spray the whole car. I had a new bumper put on my car, and it's a difficult color to match (Giallo Orion) but the shop did a perfect job.

2: You're talking about "diminished value". Check your policy to see if you have that type of coverage.

Sorry about the accident. That sucks and the DUI makes it even worse.

Thanks for your response.

I will check on the "diminished value" on the policy but if it is not on there, I'm thinking going after the other parties insurance for it. My guess is its a somewhat minor accident is about a 10% value decrease on a private party sold vehicle?

No diminished value in Texas. The courts have ruled consistently with the insurers that there is no loss to value if the repairs have been expedited to an as new standard. Its total crap of course, but the insurance lobby is very strong.

Doesn't your neck hurt?

+1 Big Time.

I got clobbered a couple of years ago in a multi-car accident in which both of the other drivers claimed it was not their fault. In the mean time, I was fucked big time with the insurance companies denying liability. I called numerous attorneys, and every single one of those ambulance chasers asked if I was hurt. First thing out of thier fcuking mouths. Once they found out I was fine, they all told me to pound sand. Not worth their time etc.

I would head to the doctor straight away :icon_thumleft:

Now that you found out you have no diminished value, I bet your neck is REALLY starting to hurt... Painfull headaches.... Next get a rent a car, and smash it into a tree, because you blacked out..

Now that you found out you have no diminished value, I bet your neck is REALLY starting to hurt... Painfull headaches.... Next get a rent a car, and smash it into a tree, because you blacked out..

I could be nice to the insurance company and agree to let them only have to pay to put on an aftermarket DMC 560 bumper, opinions?

What will a replacement stock bumper cost?

How bout exhaust tips? Should I let them just replace the ONE that is damaged or maybe a new aftermarket pair? Would look goofy have one brand new exhaust tip and one that is slightly tarnished.

I could be nice to the insurance company and agree to let them only have to pay to put on an aftermarket DMC 560 bumper, opinions?

What will a replacement stock bumper cost?

How bout exhaust tips? Should I let them just replace the ONE that is damaged or maybe a new aftermarket pair? Would look goofy have one brand new exhaust tip and one that is slightly tarnished.

In my experience, insurance companies will reimburse for a stock replacement, but if you want a bumper that cost less they have no problem obviously, but if it is more expensive then you can pay the difference. Also, if it is less expensive, I would talk to the body shop and have them quote the stock bumper and see if you can recover some of your "diminished value" from that. I know it's not much, but it's something.

Get the whole exhaust replaced, you have no idea, what kind of stress the welds and connections were put under, and it could cause an exhaust leak in the future. I am not saying this as a "Hey, get new exhaust while you at it", the stressed welds on the exhaust is a legitimate concern. You may have a crack that is not causing an exhaust leak now, but could in the near future.

:iamwithstupid:

That SUUUUUUUCKS... After a repair, you will probably not be able to tell a difference. But if you want to do a color change, it's not a bad time to do it.

Get the car repaired. If you don't have an injury, don't mess around. I worked with a insurance defense firm, the liars/schemers got worked over, hard. . . and they deserved it.

Nick

Don't re-paint the whole car. That screams wreck. Rear bumper isn't as much of a big deal. Take lots of pics for records.

+1

Is he crying?!

The guy that got arrested? Probably- DUI, leaving scene of accident, evading arrest.

Me? I'd never cry over metal and plastic, unless it was a Bugatti. J/K

Does anyone have "dimished value" language? Our agent doesn't know about it (never heard of it). We are checking with our carrier.

I know someone who was paid diminished value (in PA) as part of damage claim - but there is no specific language in his contract.

The guy that got arrested? Probably- DUI, leaving scene of accident, evading arrest.

Me? I'd never cry over metal and plastic, unless it was a Bugatti. J/K

This was supposed to be posted in the thread posted by Allan when the cab driver gets hit by the Ferrari owner, I have no idea how it ended up here..

Sorry for the missunderstanding and good luck with the whole situation, I know it sucks but you will be back on the road in no time! :icon_thumleft:

No diminished value in Texas. The courts have ruled consistently with the insurers that there is no loss to value if the repairs have been expedited to an as new standard. Its total crap of course, but the insurance lobby is very strong.

Reading that would instantly make my neck hurt

• 2 weeks later...
Reading that would instantly make my neck hurt

Just lovely- found out the other guys insurance is expired. I guess here is where the $250 dollar deductible comes in handy lol

Just lovely- found out the other guys insurance is expired. I guess here is where the $250 dollar deductible comes in handy lol

What happens to your rates then?

Are the Police going to pursue charges against him for it?

Civil suit?