is anybody else following the Casey Anthony trial?

Roman

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cafeteria at work has it on, and despite my best efforts to change the channel, they disabled that feature. *sigh*

So sadly, whenever i take a break in their, it's on.

Her attorney is a moron and the prosecutor has introduced evidence which I believe will be grounds for a mistrial or at the very least grounds for a successful apeal.

Her attorney is a moron and the prosecutor has introduced evidence which I believe will be grounds for a mistrial.

I briefly followed it and my first thought was exactly the same. I truly believe this cunt is guilty and needs to die, but I don't think they have enough tangible evidence that proves anything other than shes a liar and batshit crazy. That alone won't get a jury to a unanimous guilty decision.

btw, I'm still trying to sort out who's ponying up the $$$ for her defense?

I feel bad for the jury having to sit through week after week, seeing pictures of a dead toddler and watching these antics.

I haven't been following, but this Casey Anthony, is accused of drowning her own child correct? I was also told that her Mother believes that she did it or something along those lines, but beyond that I know nothing about this case. Why is the entire country so caught up in what seems to be just another crazy redneck?

I wouldn't be surprised if the attorney isn't defending her at a drastically reduced rate just for the publicity that they will receive from this trial.

I haven't been following, but this Casey Anthony, is accused of drowning her own child correct? I was also told that her Mother believes that she did it or something along those lines, but beyond that I know nothing about this case. Why is the entire country so caught up in what seems to be just another crazy redneck?

I wouldn't be surprised if the attorney isn't defending her at a drastically reduced rate just for the publicity that they will receive from this trial.

She's accused of using chloroform and then suffocating her with masking tape but her defense is that she drowned in a pool by accident! With all the lies floating around it seems, I feel bad for the jury having to decide this going by the letter of the law.

I briefly followed it and my first thought was exactly the same. I truly believe this cunt is guilty and needs to die, but I don't think they have enough tangible evidence that proves anything other than shes a liar and batshit crazy. That alone won't get a jury to a unanimous guilty decision.

I think the same thing. I havent followed it in awhile though.

Did her lawyer say all that crap in the opening statements to try to put enough doubt in their heads or what? There is almost no way he could prove that the dad and son were molesting her.

Her attorney is a moron and the prosecutor has introduced evidence which I believe will be grounds for a mistrial or at the very least grounds for a successful apeal.

Calling her attorney a moron is an insult to morons....

However, I have not seen anything that would cause a mistrial or be overturned on appeal...

I think she gets convicted, but no death penalty.

I think the same thing. I havent followed it in awhile though.

Did her lawyer say all that crap in the opening statements to try to put enough doubt in their heads or what? There is almost no way he could prove that the dad and son were molesting her.

You dont have to PROVE it.... But you do have to offer EVIDENCE that tends to prove it.. I actually think they have some evidence that the brother was a weirdo (besides being a whiney little bitch who cries because he doesnt get invited to fcuking baby showers.... Jesus... Get a hold of yourself man!).

There is NO evidence the dad molested her.... And no evidence the girl drowned. Which will prove a problem for jose baez.

However, I have not seen anything that would cause a mistrial or be overturned on appeal...

Tisk, tisk, tisk Mr. attorney.

Tisk, tisk, tisk Mr. attorney.

Her best bet on appeal is INEFFECTIVE COUNSEL... And SHE INSISTED ON HIM!

Her best bet on appeal is INEFFECTIVE COUNSEL... And SHE INSISTED ON HIM!

The prosecution showed the jury an animated video morphing Caylee’s happy smiling face into her decomposed skull with the duct tape over her mouth. There was need for the prosecutor to do that other than to prejudice Casey Anthony unfairly in front of the jurors.

Check florida statute 90.403 regarding evidence and get back to me.

The prosecution showed the jury an animated video morphing Caylee’s happy smiling face into her decomposed skull with the duct tape over her mouth. There was need for the prosecutor to do that other than to prejudice Casey Anthony unfairly in front of the jurors.

Check florida statute 90.403 regarding evidence and get back to me.

I know the 403 argument....

I disagree with the conclusion....

First, we have testimony (and common sense) that there is no reason for duct tape to be ANYWHERE on a babys head or face. So then the question is, CAN a piece of duct tape cover the nose and mouth of an infant, thus causing the inevitable result- Suffocation and death?

My initial gut reaction would be "NO".... Her nose and mouth is too far apart to cover BOTH with ONE piece of duct tape (at least the duct tape IM familiar with using).... But then they superimposed the SKULL (with a scale) over the PHOTO to give it proper scale. Then superimposed the duct tape photo (at the SAME scale as the skull) and showed that ONE PIECE EASILY COVERS THE NOSE AND MOUTH WRAPPING AROUND TO THE EARS...

Then you find out- THERE WERE THREE PIECES OF DUCT TAPE ON HER FACE.

Thats the murder weapon my friend. And there is nothing MORE PROBATIVE then that.

Is it prejudicial? Yes... ALL EVIDENCE IS PREJUDICIAL. The PROBATIVE VALUE OF LEARNING, WITHOUT QUESTION, THAT IT not only COULD have suffocated her, but WOULD HAVE if it were placed on her face (where it was found), FAR outweighs that prejudice.

Is it prejudicial? Yes... ALL EVIDENCE IS PREJUDICIAL. The PROBATIVE VALUE OF LEARNING, WITHOUT QUESTION, THAT IT not only COULD have suffocated her, but WOULD HAVE if it were placed on her face (where it was found), FAR outweighs that prejudice.

Let see. Either a mistrial or guilty with a successful appeal.

Let see. Either a mistrial or guilty with a successful appeal.

I doubt it...

I thought you were going to argue the Miranda issue.... Im ready for that one as well. :icon_mrgreen:

I doubt it...

I thought you were going to argue the Miranda issue.... Im ready for that one as well. :icon_mrgreen:

Judge is a douche, prosecutor is a cunt and as much of an idiot as her attorney is, he's objected to all the inflammatory and over the top evidence under 403. Any guilty verdict will be successfully appealed.

Judge is a douche, prosecutor is a cunt and as much of an idiot as her attorney is, he's objected to all the inflammatory and over the top evidence under 403. Any guilty verdict will be successfully appealed.

I think the Judge is a GENIUS.... One of the sharpest judges Ive ever seen....

BTW... This is the photo were talking about.... And I dont find it at all objectionable (especially after what they had already seen-) That is some bigass duct tape.

Watching Jose Baez trying to question a witness without using leading questions, or even just introducing an item into evidence is like watching my grandmother try to parallel park a tractor trailer.... ITS fcuking PAINFUL TO WATCH.

And his buddy, Foghorn Leghorn, isnt much better.... Love how skillfully he opened the door to her felony record last week.

061111_image_anthony_trial_4_caylee_duct_tape.jpg

I think the Judge is a GENIUS.... One of the sharpest judges Ive ever seen....

BTW... This is the photo were talking about.... And I dont find it at all objectionable (especially after what they had already seen-) That is some bigass duct tape.

Watching Jose Baez trying to question a witness without using leading questions, or even just introducing an item into evidence is like watching my grandmother try to parallel park a tractor trailer.... ITS fcuking PAINFUL TO WATCH.

Good luck with that! The prosecutor has over done it. Wait and see.

Good luck with that! The prosecutor has over done it. Wait and see.

Theres NOT going to be a mistrial.... ZERO chance.... Appeal? Maybe but its a longshot.... Her best appeal is what a douchbag Baez is....

As the guy who admittedly knows 1/100 of what you guys are discussing (and i'm probably being generous there), I still think it will land in a mistrial.

I would love for someone to openly say what we are all thinking: If she personally killed the kid or not, she was a horrific parent and on that stance alone had a part in the death of the poor kid. I have a better fcuking recount on where my dog has been for the last 3 years than she does for that poor innocent kid. Couple that with the fact that shes batshit crazy, and this trial is costing multiples of the $$$ she will earn in her lifetime, can we all just agree that the world is a better place without her, and give the cunt the chair.

I know it's not the american way and she is owed her due process, but I just have a really fcuking short fuse for people who fcuk with kids. That poor girl didn't have a choice to be stuck with a worthless cunt of a mother and ultimately paid for it. If she didn't want the kid she should have dealt with that pre-birth, or put her up for adoption to someone who would properly raise her.