Suggest a book

capt_chaos

Into military reads at the moment, so I'd recommend anything Tom Clancy related (especially Rainbow Six); but I just got done reading Heart and Fist by Eric Greitens and it was great.

I love Clive Cussler books. Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child are also up there for me. Currently i'm reading The Game of Thrones and it rocks!

Think big and kick ass by Donald trump, really good business book, gets you thinking big

Think big and kick ass by Donald trump, really good business book, gets you thinking big

Does he or his wig get the royalties? Either way that guy makes me want to throw things at my TV/computer whenever I see him.

Just finished Jurassic Park - one of my favorite movies and the book was even better!

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six is going to get reread someday soon - also a good military read.

The Driver - Alex Roy (fantastic book about Gumball races and Alex's record-setting time from New York to LA in his M5)

Confessions of a Radical Industrialist - Ray Anderson. CEO of Interface (carpets) and his transformation towards a zero-emission company

ReWork - Surely you've heard of this, book co-written by one of our very own LP members. Fantastic short read. I need to reread it again! (And Fastlane Millionaire is on my reading last also).

The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins. Good read, for believers/non-believers alike - challenges your foundation and raises questions.

Rogue Warrior by Richard Marcinko

The Rogue Warrior series is very entertaining, but Rogue Warrior was definitely the best.

Yesterday I started Seal Team Six by Howard Wasdin and Stephen Templin. So far it is a very good read, I don't think it will take long to finish.

Webster123 and his partner's Rework book.

Refreshingly honest and innovative, and there are no references to the ugly Hyenaooooooora. :icon_mrgreen:

Perhaps a classic? George Orwell's Animal Farm? Or if you want to lighten up a bit and read some history in a really cool and funny way check out Bill Bryson - Made in America. I've read this one recently, it made me LOL quite a few times, and I learned some interesting things from it.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but better than starting a new one.

Just finished this and I thought it was fantastic. Author has a Ph.D. in psychology but gives up the field to start a vintage motorcycle shop, and is all the more satisfied for it. It's not an overly tough read but the writing feels like it's coming from a Ph.D. and I found myself googling some words along the way. As a guy who enjoys building things and really admires skilled craftsmen I could relate to a lot of what he's saying.

Would be a great read for younger crowd who are hugely pressured into the college path, despite the fact that many loathe the inevitable outcome.

shopclassassoulcraft.jpg

"Set at the height of Vietnam protests, Jimi Hendrix and LSD, "Wet Goddess: Recollections of a Dolphin Lover" is a story of strange encounters, awkward misadventures and, ultimately, love.

Stoked on cheap pot and reports that dolphins possess near-human intelligence, liberal arts major Zachary Zimmerman couldn’t be more thrilled about his first pro photography job. The project: shoot a book about the stars of Florida Funland’s struggling dolphin show – while turning a blind eye to the writer’s affair with the head trainer.

But the writer isn’t the only one at Florida Funland looking for forbidden love. Ruby, a solo performer in the show, slowly edges her way inside Zack’s slightly foggy mind, drawing him deeper and deeper into her wet, wild realm of sensual abandon and unexpected violence."

51i72vypuhL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Wet-Goddess-Malcolm-...r/##/0615334601