For IAA 2011

a007apl

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"After translating several of Nostradamus' quatrains, consulting the Mayan Calendar and a series of visions forced into my mind by The Great Old One, Cthulhu, I have predictions for The Aventador Era Of Lamborghini...

The Overall Line:

2011 sees the LP700-4 Aventador hitting the streets and the LP550-2 Spyder.

2012 sees the LP700-4 Roadster and the Sesto Elemento.

2013 sees the Gallardo replacement.

2014 sees the Estoque/4-door sedan and the Gallardo replacement Spyder.

2015 sees the LP700 Super Veloce, and an Estoque convertible concept.

2016 sees the LP700 coupe and Roadster Facelift.

2017 sees the Estoque Convertible and the Gallardo replacement Superleggera.

2018 sees the Gallardo replacement facelift.

2019 sees the LP700 Jota.

2020 sees the Estoque Sedan/Convertible facelift and an Estoque Coupe concept.

2021 sees the LP700 replacement and the Estoque Coupe.

Aventador:

After establishing the line with the coupe, the company debuts the roadster a year later. The roadster features a carbon fiber, multi-piece top that mounts to hidden hardpoints on the chassis and stores flatpack-style in the boot.

2 years later they add the Aventador SV, which loses 150kg over the standard car, through the usual carbon interior and general lightening, and gains 50hp and a big carbon fiber wing. The SV will be a 2015 model-year only run, limited to 350 cars.

In 2016 the Aventador coupe and roadster get a facelift and the SV engine upgrades to become the LP750-4. The styling tightens up the rear end with a new diffuser, full-width mesh grill and redesigned tail lights. The front end gets wider grill openings, and new contour to the nose.

The final encore of the Aventador debuts in 2019 with the LP850-4 Jota. Utilizing cast carbon-silicate materials for the gearbox cases, differential housings and some carbon fiber suspension pieces, the Jota weighs 250kg lighter than the standard car, and 100kg lighter than the SV, while putting out a full 100hp more than the facelifted standard car. The Jota will be a 2019 Model-Year only limited run of 50 cars and the final Aventador.

Cabrera - Gallardo Replacement:

Like the Gallardo, the replacement is named after one of the foundational bloodlines of Spanish fighting bulls; Cabrera. Initially debuting in 2013 as a 570hp V10 coupe, the Cabrera Spyder joins the line a year later. Built on a multi-sectional, bonded carbon monocoque (cheaper to produce than the one-piece Aventador monocoque), the Cabrera is slightly larger than the Gallardo, but is also slightly lighter, improving incrementally on the performance of the Gallardo 570 Superleggera.

The Spyder keeps the configuration of the Gallardo Spyder, with its powered folding fabric top.

2017 brings us to the Cabrera Superleggera, a one model-year only run of 250 units. A 150kg weight loss is achieved through a carbon interior and a general diet regimen. Power is increased to 595hp.

In its sixth model-year of production, the Cabrera receives its facelift, making it ready for the second half of its production life, ending somewhere around 2024.

Estoque:

Lamborghini's first 4 door sedan debuts in 2014, powered by the same next-gen V10 as the Cabrera. Offering great performance, unassailable luxury and an exclusive cache unrivaled by any other saloon car, the Estoque shakes up the high-end luxury sedan segment.

In 2015, the company reveals a 2 door, 4 seat convertible concept version of the Estoque, to rave reviews. The convertible goes into production the following year, as a 2017 model.

The Estoque receives the now traditional "5-year facelift" in 2020. Simultaneously Lamborghini floats a shortened Estoque, 2 door/2+2 coupe concept car, aimed directly at the luxo-sport coupes from England and Germany. The coupe arrives in dealer showrooms for 2021.

Final Thoughts:

The above does not include the inevitable Hybrid/Alternate Fuel/Alternate Powerplant concept cars and production car variants. A hybrid/alt version of the Estoque is likely, as well as a kinetic-energy recycling Cabrera. The flagship Aventador is possibly the final, pure gasoline only Lamborghini.

These predictions only cover the major bodystyle/engine output variations of the model range, and do not include "Paint&Stripe" special editions, like the Murcielago Versace, Gallardo SE, Bicolore, Tricolore, Nera, etc, etc...

I'm sure we can expect a handful of these "special" cars in each model line, over the next decade."

Didnt TVR use the Cabrera name already? or something close. And the aventador Jota sounds pretty incredible....as much stipulation as it may be...

Didnt TVR use the Cabrera name already? or something close. And the aventador Jota sounds pretty incredible....as much stipulation as it may be...

TVR Cerbera

Someone dropped the name Cabrera on wikipedia (without citation) I wouldn't believe this to be the new name. Besides, Lamborghini did a good job of keeping the Aventador name under a tight reign, i wouldn't expect them to get lazy now.

:lol2: No they didn't, everyone figured it out about six months before the car's launch.

:lol2: No they didn't, everyone figured it out about six months before the car's launch.

It wasn't six months was it?! I remember we found it through the patent registry right after they filed.

It wasn't six months was it?! I remember we found it through the patent registry right after they filed.

That itself happened months before the launch if I remember rightly, but they let slip a while before that it began with "A". Some enterprising journalist then looked up all noteworthy fighting bulls with names beginning with "A", and Aventador turned out to be the most likely option.

"After translating several of Nostradamus' quatrains, consulting the Mayan Calendar and a series of visions forced into my mind by The Great Old One, Cthulhu, I have predictions for The Aventador Era Of Lamborghini...

Hey man, when you quote me, how about crediting me.

Lamborghini has confirmed it will unveil a road-going ‘super sports car’ at the Frankfurt motor show in September – and it is expected to be a race-inspired version of the Lamborghini Gallardo.

Lamborghini’s cryptic Frankfurt announcement suggested that its show car would be red, and last weekend it gave the strongest hint yet that it would unveil a road-going, race-inspired version of the Gallardo when it painted its factory car in the one-make Super Trofeo race series the same colour.

See pics of the Super Trofeo race series-inspired Lamborghini Gallardo

The new car is expected to be the most hardcore road-going variant of the car to date. It will be sold in strictly limited numbers and will be promoted as being produced as part of a celebration of the 150th anniversary celebrations of the unification of Italy.

Several limited edition Gallardo’s have already been launched previously, including the LP 550-2 Balboni, LP 570-4 Superleggera, LP 570-4 Spyder Performante and Bicolore edition.

Although no date has been announced for the launch of the Gallardo’s replacement, Lamborghini is strongly tipped to give the car the Cabrera name.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/258524/

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...ith_a_bang.html

Gallardo goes out with a bang

The raging bull will charge into the Frankfurt Motor Show next month with the most hardcore Gallardo ever produced.

In a teasing invite to the expo, Lamborghini revealed it would unleash a “super sports car”. And while the firm wouldn’t officially say much more, Auto Express has learned it will show off a roadgoing version of the Super Trofeo from its one-make race series.

Only 30 examples of the track special, based on the LP560-4, have been made. Each features a 562bhp 5.2-litre V10, along with a six-speed e-gear paddleshift transmission and race-spec suspension. Thanks

to a stripped-out interior and significant use of composite materials, it tips the scales at a mere 1,300kg – that’s 110kg lighter than the standard car and 40kg down on the special-edition, featherweight Gallardo Superleggara. It also gets a whole host of aerodynamic tweaks, with a big wing at the rear and a ground-hugging front splitter.

The Frankfurt show star will follow the same formula, with an even lower kerbweight than any roadgoing Gallardo before it, plus more aggressive looks and, potentially, additional power from its V10 engine.

A 0-62mph time of three seconds and a 210mph top speed are likely. Expect the show car to be coloured bright red, too, and available in very limited numbers, with a price approaching £200,000. As the fastest, most extreme Gallardo of all, the model will be a fitting way to mark the end of the car’s production. The entry-level Lamborghini will be replaced next year by an all-new version, which is rumoured to carry a fresh name: Cabrera.

In addition, Lamborghini is planning a roadster version of the Aventador flagship, likely to debut towards the end of 2012.

If the only difference between it and the Superleggera is the 40kg it will be pretty disappointing.

If the only difference between it and the Superleggera is the 40kg it will be pretty disappointing.

Pretty much all the stupid Gallardo editions are dissapointing..

I posted somewhere else that with this kit, RWD and a sequential manual race gear box, it would be pretty bad ass.

Throw in some center lock wheels and a roll hoop/harnesses for good measure.

Pretty much all the stupid Gallardo editions are dissapointing..

Yeah, i'm fairly forgiving in regard to this, but come on. Lamborghini is really dragging it out already. When everything is a special edition, they cease to be special.