For IAA 2011

a007apl

I think the changing of the old guard in some respects is going to come next year. I hope. I'm hoping the 'wow' we are all looking for is then.

I really hope you are right......

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean Bull, and i think they'll milk one last "special final edition" for the last run of 100 or so of the car.

I heard the "really last one I promise" edition guarantees your not the father of Kim Kardasians baby. Apparently they are trying to wrangle in the NBA, NFL, NHL, and PGA crowd.

I think this car is what the 570 should have been long ago. I do like the design, just think it is months late. Seeing that wing lined up alongside the Mp4 and the 458 would have been sensational.

As for the Sesto, I suppose Lambo producing a light weight Gallardo costing €1.5m, they had to do something to stop the Revention owners felling like they were bent over for a re-bodied Murci.

I hope there is a street version of the Sesto Elemento coming. Something truly lightweight. This car does not move lamborghini forward AT ALL.

Bummer, was hoping for much more. So basically it's a little more "Ferrari like" with the red color and Stradale in the name. Ugh!

:lol2:

:iamwithstupid:

Not surprised at all. Anyone thinking "F70 killer" from Lamborghini is C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S.

This brand has become nothing but a whore for VAG to pimp for easy Chinese, Arabian, and Top 1% Amercian dollars, and that's it.

There will never be risk-taking, there will never be true innovation, and there will never be any of the things our diehards go to sleep praying for every night (dedicated race program, hypercar production, cutting-edge tech, etc).

They're milking the brand, and are happy with their cars being at the second tier while Porsche and Ferrari occupy the first tier.

The real question for me at this point is just how far away the Gallardo replacement really is. They're actually good at this model, because it has to share R8 running gear (so they can't cheat and be lazy to rely on the Lambo badge to sell cars) but it's easy to see actual customer deliveries not happening for another 18 months, which puts them into 2013. Scary.

:iamwithstupid:

Not surprised at all. Anyone thinking "F70 killer" from Lamborghini is C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S.

This brand has become nothing but a whore for VAG to pimp for easy Chinese, Arabian, and Top 1% Amercian dollars, and that's it.

There will never be risk-taking, there will never be true innovation, and there will never be any of the things our diehards go to sleep praying for every night (dedicated race program, hypercar production, cutting-edge tech, etc).

They're milking the brand, and are happy with their cars being at the second tier while Porsche and Ferrari occupy the first tier.

The real question for me at this point is just how far away the Gallardo replacement really is. They're actually good at this model, because it has to share R8 running gear (so they can't cheat and be lazy to rely on the Lambo badge to sell cars) but it's easy to see actual customer deliveries not happening for another 18 months, which puts them into 2013. Scary.

This.

Lambo producing a trackday car allows them to bring in cash whilst still meeting the EU brand emissions target - because it is not a road car it ducks out of this loophole.

Just the concept of Lambo releasing a track car doesn't seem right. About as much point as Richard Simmons releasing a "how to chat up women" DVD.

They did a site redesign.

That is the great news! The old site was terrible. The new one is a little bit less terrible.

As for all the special editions, I think it's great they make a lot of versions of the car, instead of having say only the 5.0, 560-4 and 570-4. That would have been boring...

But they are doing it wrong by not making them REALLY special. Like say the SE30 to the Jota, or the 6.0 to the GT.