The Demise of AllanFerrariLover

So Allan, is the 458 just to technical? That is my problem with most supercars in the past 3-4 years. I think they are losing too much rawness. It didn't hold your interest very long.

In your situation as you described above, I would get an LP-670-SV. The last Lamborghini with the famous and classic V-12.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Kisco, dont worry Im gonna give the wife a good stooping tonight so that I can get in good with her checkbook!

:icon_thumleft:

It's a shame you sold that car. IMO, the best looking car on the road today, with the technology to match. Who gives a fcuk about what other Ferrari owners look/act like...

I am sure I'll get flamed for this, but from what I have seen and/or read, there isn't much of an upgrade from the 458 (under 500K).

Here is a car for you.

http://www.racecarsforsale.com/historic-ra...twin-turbo.html

Cheap and looks great and it can come into the US. And it looks like he has another one too. Buy both and i will take one of them off your hands. Always wanted a DP car

Slant nose hottness!!!!

So Allan, is the 458 just to technical? That is my problem with most supercars in the past 3-4 years. I think they are losing too much rawness. It didn't hold your interest very long.

In your situation as you described above, I would get an LP-670-SV. The last Lamborghini with the famous and classic V-12.

good statement there.

I would drive the hell out of the 458 (don't get me wrong), but it's very technical and video game-ish. The Murci is def something to behold. I haven't driven the LP670, but I can only imagine that if it is that much better than the LP640, then that is the car to have for sure, especially in the same general area of price...

Allan did drive the shit out of that 458, he put 2000 miles on it and that is a new world record for him!

I'm happy it's gone because I was getting sick of seeing Ferrari stuff in the general Lamborghini section.

I think his next car will be a Spyker!

I've only been on this board a short while, but these threads really bring out people that live vicariously through Allan buying cars! :)

Nah, everyone lives vicariously through anyone on the board buying a desirable car and willing to share the experience. Like Ajglobal said, we're just a bunch of car nuts.

As far as guy who change cars like underwear, there are quite a few of those guys on this board as well. Stay awhile and you'll quickly figure out who.

I've known Allan for 6 years now and I've lost track of all the cars he's switched in and out of but for those of you surprised here is a quick list I can come up with off the top of my head since I've known him back when we met in 2005. Plenty of the other guys on here that have been around for a while I'm sure are not in the least bit surprised. lol

When we met in '05 he was still living in HI and had the SV

Shipped my 1st g to alex's shop when Rakjoe put on that awesome run for us and he had just acquired the red murcie as well. Sold the SV and then the Murcie was sold before he moved back to AZ but had the lotus in '06. Ordered a '07 spyder ( which is the one I took the allocation from him b/c he got tired of waiting and got the SE.......then came the SLR, there was a arnage in there somewhere. Then the SLR went bye bye and shortly after that so did he..........right to cali. How the F$#k I remember all this I have no idea but all I can say is we had a lot of fun when he lived here with rakjoe and chinaman making a few trips into town here and there.

Did I forget any Allan besides the 348, the other diablo and coutach you owned before we met ?

Oh ya and don't forget the mini coopers and the drag race we had leaving bondurant during our 2 day class we got as gifts from our other halfs. We found the T/C switches under the hood of our POS vettes and just killed those cars and almost got thrown out of the class for our second day cause of our drag race out of the parking lot. Luckily we both drove different cars to class the 2nd day and played dumb cause we were confronted. ha

In Hawaii I had the SV, Ferrari 355 Spider , Lotus Esprit Final Edition and H2..

In AZ I had the SLR, Gallardo SE Rakjoes 996 Turbo and Arnage T..

Before we met off the top of my head:

2 Acura Nsx

Countach

92 Diablo

2000 Lotus Esprit

Porsche 928 S4

2 Modified Porsches

Ferrari testarossa

Ferrari 308 QV

Ferrari 328 GTS

Ferrari 348

I think there is a few more in there, Ill remember later.. We sure did have fun in AZ! I look forward to using my house out there in the future more often..

I am surprised you don't have the same "sterile" issue with the porsche. Although they do everything well they seem to lack that sense of occasion or soul. Must be a nice change to buy a 300k car and actually not lose your ass when you are done, that is a huge plus.

:icon_thumleft:

It's a shame you sold that car. IMO, the best looking car on the road today, with the technology to match. Who gives a fcuk about what other Ferrari owners look/act like...

I am sure I'll get flamed for this, but from what I have seen and/or read, there isn't much of an upgrade from the 458 (under 500K).

In all honesty I agree with you. The 458 is fantastic.. I truly feel its the best looking new car you can buy.

I think something has just clicked for me that the only cars that will really hold my interest whether I drive them or not are the older cars. Ive owned 2 Diablos that I drove for 10 years, and when I look at them today Im still blown away.. Same goes for a Countach.. Ive never had a Pantera GT5 but always wanted one.. Lotus Esprits are similar for me to the Lambos. Timeless. The Gallardo still somewhat makes me feel this way too, but somehow oddly the Murcielago does not.. Many of these cars are money in the bank. Also, all of a sudden other cars I never cared when new are suddenly of interest to me, for example a 04 Ferrari 360 CS..

Maybe its the time I spent lusting for many of them when I was just a kid that engraved them in my heart.. Im not quite sure what it is,vs the new cars arrive and I can just buy them. So my feeling is that for the new tech, I will simply stick with Porsche. I will certainly be getting a new 991 turbo.. I love the Porsches. New/old etc.. Who knows maybe Ill pick up a GTR in the meantime for speed.

Allan did drive the shit out of that 458, he put 2000 miles on it and that is a new world record for him!

I'm happy it's gone because I was getting sick of seeing Ferrari stuff in the general Lamborghini section.

I think his next car will be a Spyker!

Now you get to see Porsche stuff! :thefinger:

Nah, everyone lives vicariously through anyone on the board buying a desirable car and willing to share the experience. Like Ajglobal said, we're just a bunch of car nuts.

As far as guy who change cars like underwear, there are quite a few of those guys on this board as well. Stay awhile and you'll quickly figure out who.

Yes there are many here that make me look like Im living the life of a homeless man.. Guys like Accichelli, TurboGallardo etc flip cars and have nice collections going far more than I do..

So why no Miura? Too old?

F40 is going to be old feeling - but obviously a supercar in every respect.

I was too young to fall in love with the Miura, the Countach was my thing.. For the amount a Miura costs today there are many cars Id rather have. An F40 on the otherhand is a great choice, but at its price point I have to think of the collection of cars I could have instead.

I was too young to fall in love with the Miura, the Countach was my thing.. For the amount a Miura costs today there are many cars Id rather have. An F40 on the otherhand is a great choice, but at its price point I have to think of the collection of cars I could have instead.

Hey I'm like half your age, right? :icon_mrgreen: I saw an orange Miura SV in Geneva and just fell in love. I've always loved the shape of the car. The Countach was my boy hood dream, but before my time also. The Diablo was the car that was produced when I was growing up, so naturally when I see one it brings back the 90s/childhood, making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Go with your gut man! A collection of cars that are less expensive but have character might be right up your alley. It would keep it interesting - plus you can always acquire new ones to add, restore, or mod to what you want - without breaking the bank. Only problem would be storing them.

Hey I'm like half your age, right? :icon_mrgreen: I saw an orange Miura SV in Geneva and just fell in love. I've always loved the shape of the car. The Countach was my boy hood dream, but before my time also. The Diablo was the car that was produced when I was growing up, so naturally when I see one it brings back the 90s/childhood, making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Go with your gut man! A collection of cars that are less expensive but have character might be right up your alley. It would keep it interesting - plus you can always acquire new ones to add, restore, or mod to what you want - without breaking the bank. Only problem would be storing them.

In the next year I hope to alleviate the storage problem..

As an example for 500K..

One F40.. OR:

88 1/2 Countach QV -85K

Diablo Sv say 90-95K possible TT

Gallardo Spider for the somewhat more modern driver 110K could also TT it..

Ferrari 360 CS 120K

06 Bentley GT or Arnage T 80K....

Not to mention say a Pantera GT5 , one just sold on ebay for 60k, Porsche slantnose, or some sort of Porsche sent off to Rauh Welt, maybe a Diablo 6.0 instead of the SV, both an 86 Lotus Esprit and a Esprit TT V8, an Anniv Countach.. Etc..

I've known Allan for 6 years now and I've lost track of all the cars he's switched in and out of but for those of you surprised here is a quick list I can come up with off the top of my head since I've known him back when we met in 2005. Plenty of the other guys on here that have been around for a while I'm sure are not in the least bit surprised. lol

When we met in '05 he was still living in HI and had the SV

Shipped my 1st g to alex's shop when Rakjoe put on that awesome run for us and he had just acquired the red murcie as well. Sold the SV and then the Murcie was sold before he moved back to AZ but had the lotus in '06. Ordered a '07 spyder ( which is the one I took the allocation from him b/c he got tired of waiting and got the SE.......then came the SLR, there was a arnage in there somewhere. Then the SLR went bye bye and shortly after that so did he..........right to cali. How the F$#k I remember all this I have no idea but all I can say is we had a lot of fun when he lived here with rakjoe and chinaman making a few trips into town here and there.

Did I forget any Allan besides the 348, the other diablo and coutach you owned before we met ?

Oh ya and don't forget the mini coopers and the drag race we had leaving bondurant during our 2 day class we got as gifts from our other halfs. We found the T/C switches under the hood of our POS vettes and just killed those cars and almost got thrown out of the class for our second day cause of our drag race out of the parking lot. Luckily we both drove different cars to class the 2nd day and played dumb cause we were confronted. ha

Yes, i know Allan has plenty of money and he is very curious and always looking for a new car that can excite his mind and therefore with a big turnover in the garage.

I did the same with motorcycles (i changed a lot), but i did never say the previous i had was garbage and the new was pure gold.

This is the only thing i do not understand at all of Allan behaviour, but this is his choiche and i'm ver happy he can afford to switch so quickly his supercars.

ciao

Yes, i know Allan has plenty of money and he is very curious and always looking for a new car that can excite his mind and therefore with a big turnover in the garage.

I did the same with motorcycles (i changed a lot), but i did never say the previous i had was garbage and the new was pure gold.

This is the only thing i do not understand at all of Allan behaviour, but this is his choiche and i'm ver happy he can afford to switch so quickly his supercars.

ciao

You need to learn sarcasm... As an example do you think I actually like the Ferrari FF? :gay:

That really is something you have to love and admire about the F-car business as a whole, to be able to basically drive any of their new desireable models for the first 18-24 months they arrive on the market for FREE due to grey-market demand (provided you have the IN at your dealer for MSRP deals obviously) really is an amazing thing and unparalleled.

Not a dig at Lambo as it applies to EVERY exotic mfg not named "Ferrari", but just saying that particular little niche they've carved for owners is pretty amazing...and that doesn't even count the Anniversary cars, which when purchased at MSRP actually create a financial windfall for their lucky owners forever, right from day one.

a few thoughts:

every modern, everyday Ferrari, from 360's, 430's, 458's is going to depreciate. just a matter of time. it's like musical chairs, if you are holding onto a Ferrari when the music stops, it will cost you money. (depreciate)

it's all a game that has pissed off LOTS of potential new Ferrari owners. would i purchase a new one (that i intended to keep) for "market price" meaning $70K - $75 OVER list... NOPE, no way. I would consider that a waste of money, but to each his own.

Here's how it works, to purchase a new 458 for list you have to really TIGHT with your dealer.. usually meaning you have purchased other Ferrari's from him. If you aren't tight with your dealer, it's market price time.. additionally, if the Ferrari dealer in my town sells me a new Ferrari, the car must go back to him when i am done with it, or i won't be getting any more new Ferrari's from him. To further cement your bond with the dealer, the Ferrari dealer will sell you a 430 while you are waiting for your new 458 and the dealer will tell you how much they will make on your trade back in.. Profit is good.. i also love that you must purchase your new Ferrari from the area that you live. Multiple homes in different locations brings the same game. All Ferrari dealers across the US have an agreement and have the same methods.

the 458 is a spectacular car, with very few equals and it will interesting to see what you replace it with..

me? i expect to purchase one,

USED..!!

In the next year I hope to alleviate the storage problem..

As an example for 500K..

One F40.. OR:

88 1/2 Countach QV -85K

Diablo Sv say 90-95K possible TT

Gallardo Spider for the somewhat more modern driver 110K could also TT it..

Ferrari 360 CS 120K

06 Bentley GT or Arnage T 80K....

Not to mention say a Pantera GT5 , one just sold on ebay for 60k, Porsche slantnose, or some sort of Porsche sent off to Rauh Welt, maybe a Diablo 6.0 instead of the SV, both an 86 Lotus Esprit and a Esprit TT V8, an Anniv Countach.. Etc..

you get 308!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you get 308!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way dude... I only get 328 or Mondial Coupe!But good news is I buy one for me, one for you!

every modern, everyday Ferrari, from 360's, 430's, 458's is going to depreciate. just a matter of time. it's like musical chairs, if you are holding onto a Ferrari when the music stops, it will cost you money. (depreciate)

it's all a game that has pissed off LOTS of potential new Ferrari owners. would i purchase a new one (that i intended to keep) for "market price" meaning $70K - $75 OVER list... NOPE, no way. I would consider that a waste of money, but to each his own.

Here's how it works, to purchase a new 458 for list you have to really TIGHT with your dealer.. usually meaning you have purchased other Ferrari's from him. If you aren't tight with your dealer, it's market price time.. additionally, if the Ferrari dealer in my town sells me a new Ferrari, the car must go back to him when i am done with it, or i won't be getting any more new Ferrari's from him. To further cement your bond with the dealer, the Ferrari dealer will sell you a 430 while you are waiting for your new 458 and the dealer will tell you how much they will make on your trade back in.. Profit is good.. i also love that you must purchase your new Ferrari from the area that you live. Multiple homes in different locations brings the same game. All Ferrari dealers across the US have an agreement and have the same methods.

Definitely accurate on all points, this is what I was referring to specifically.

When you do it right, and there are many who we've seen do it for a decade now, it's pretty amazing.

Especially with the arrival of an Anniversary car to the market that can MAKE you hundreds of thousands of dollars almost immediately...because you have that TIGHT relationship that lets you get your paws on one within 24 months of the car's debut...

It's a tough game though for all the reasons you mentioned, no question, and the upfront cost of taking a bath on that very first car to "kiss the ring" of the dealer is of course a bitch. But after your 4th, 5th, 6th new F-car that you've only "lost" sales tax on, at most, combined with an Anniversary car windfall if you're at that level...it becomes and amazing practice when examined from the outside. :icon_thumleft: