The Roman's niece saga...

Roman

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome news! in the screen capture from facebook you forgot to cover the last name in the top right.. not sure it really matters, just a heads up

Im going to have to ban every body who saw that....

Wheres porter?

So here it goes: The saga of Shelby.

My wifes brother (My brother in law) is a Police officer. He married another cop from a neighboring jurisdiction (My sister in law). She had three kids from a previous marriage. One of those kids was a girl- Lets call her Kathy (not her real name). When Kathy turned about twelve, she started to getting into trouble. Drugs... Hanging out with losers... Running Away.... And I may be off by a year or two but at 14 she got pregnant with her first child. Nobody knows who the dad is. When she was 16 she hooked up with this other loser, we'll call him Kenny... And she had her second kid... Shelby. Well Kathy was taking all sorts of drugs when she was pregnant with both girls, and it had some pretty obvious effects on the babies.... Then theres some evidence then "kenny" molested one or both girls.... So Shelby is REALLY my brother in law's GRANDDAUGHTER... Eventually Kenny disappeared...

Well Kathy insisted on doing drugs, she had warrants out for her arrest And my brother in law said "Listen... Were BOTH COPS... YOU CANT BE AROUND US WITH THIS SHIT." Well one day kathy dumped the girls off with my brother and sister in law and disappeared. This was when they were like 1 and 3...

My Brother in law and sister in law eventually adopted the girls and have raised them as their own, and the rest of the family has always felt the same way. They are my nieces. The first time I met shelby she was about 3, and I knew there were problems. She has SEVERE anger issues, and trouble with impulse control.

At about 12 years old, Shelby started to get into trouble... It was minor at first... She was on the news a few years ago for getting her ass kicked by a bunch of other girls on youtube.... Well, she went to school the next day and said "Im going to kill you" to one of the girls (Personally, I would have, and have, said much worse), but in this day in age, they arrested her for making threats, expelled her from school etc...

During this time, Kathy resurfaced and we learned she had two more children out of wedlock... And THOSE girls where also in foster care. My wife and I SERIOUSLY considered adopting them... But we didnt... Im not sure if we did the right thing or not.

Well Shelby went to therapy to deal with her issues... And the therapist thought it would be a good idea if she had a relationship with Kathy.... (Dear therapist- I dont know your name, but I think youre the dumbest fcuking person on the face of the earth). My b&s in law, against their better judgement, facilitated that relationship.

Kathy was now REMARRIED to a guy we'll call "Ricky". Well, according to SHELBY, while she was getting to know kathy, kathy introduced her to harder drugs, and eventually began prostituting her out. None of us know if this is true or not. But we know that Shelbys behavior deteriorated during this time... She stole several thousand dollars worth of jewelry from my sister in law, and TRADED IT for drugs. (as in- Heres a thousand dollar ring in exchange for a 10 dollar rock).

She came home fucked up one day, got into it with my Sis in law, and she was arrested and sent to juvey, where she met the girl she ran away with.

Flash forward...

The day the girls went missing, they visited Kathy & Ricky for the first time in a year or so. Ricky took them to Sell the Scooter, which they couldnt have done without him. Kathy and ricky were FREQUENTLY in touch with the girls but refused to cooperate with the police to help find them.... Charges are coming down on both of these fucksticks, and it better happen before I get back there, because my wrath for them knows no bounds.

Last night a dedicated unit of the NY/NJ Port Authority who wander around manhatten looking for probable runaways, approached them. They got a bunch of bullshit answers, and after three hours of nonsense, they discovered who the girls were....

They will be held in New York until the Sheriff can send a van to get them.

That is one fucked up story. I hope this girl can get her life on track and eventually realize what a miracle you guys did for her by giving her another chance at not turning into her mom.

That is one fucked up story. I hope this girl can get her life on track and eventually realize what a miracle you guys did for her by giving her another chance at not turning into her mom.

Thats how we feel as well... She has a LOT of people who WANT to help her... Shes facing a felony on the probation violation ... But its still as a Juvenile and I THINK that when she turns 18 or so, that should get sealed... And if she gets her shit together, ten years or so from now, I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to help her get that shit EXPUNGED... But she has to seriously avail herself to the help...

What are your thoughts on approaching the court to drop the probation violation in exchange for a few years at boarding school?

Seems like she needs an extremely structured environment to straighten things out, with someone always ready to kick her in the ass if needed.

What are your thoughts on approaching the court to drop the probation violation in exchange for a few years at boarding school?

Seems like she needs an extremely structured environment to straighten things out, with someone always ready to kick her in the ass if needed.

fcuk NO.

She needs BARS and HANDCUFFS or she will be in the wind again. My biggest fear last night was "OK... How do we get her back to Indiana? The first time she goes to the head, she'll disappear again." Im happy the Sheriff will handle it. I WILL PAY THEM if there is any question about it...

reads like a John Grisham novel.

Reads like every dad who has a daughter horror story.

I feel for the kid, she didn't have the best start thanks her bio-parents. But she has too much support from her new parents and extended family to piss away her life.

I hope they put her some where a) she can get clean and B) gets the counselling she so truely needs. Generally, I am a tough on crime etc. kinda guy.....but hearing this kids story, it is hard not to feel for her.

What a crazy story Erik. So glad they are found. Hopefully it'll get better for her from here. Sounds like some of the family really cares about her and wants to help.

Glad to hear that they've been found, RD! Since you say that all the drugs from her life (and even when her mum was pregnant with her) has affected her thought process, do you think that normal methods can help her to get her life "back on track"?

Glad to hear that they've been found, RD! Since you say that all the drugs from her life (and even when her mum was pregnant with her) has affected her thought process, do you think that normal methods can help her to get her life "back on track"?

Im echausted right now, and Im going to go take one of my nighttime naps... But theres a new update... This girl is going to need a swift kick in the head.

Sounds like lots of work ahead for you and your family, RD. At that age, the character of a person is in full swing and as you know, it's hard to help change somebody that WANTS help and nearly impossible to change somebody that doesn't feel they need it. Thankfully she has lots of people that really care about her and hopefully you guys can keep her from going down the wrong path again.

I am happy that they found ok. You have a very big problem in future with her. I would not want to be in your situation. I hope that it all ends up ok in 5 years or so for her, even then the drug addition will always be in the closet trying to get her hooked again.

Glad to hear she's been found. I think that might have been the easy part. She sounds like she's going to need tons of help.

Good luck with the future, it ain't gonna be fun.

My best to all

So.... Shelby talked to my Sister In Law for a bit the other night.... And blamed it all on her.

"You didnt let us see each other" (They were DRIVING 90 miles each weekend so these kids COULD see each other...)

"You should have let her move in with us."

When I was 16, my parents wouldnt let me have a GIRLFRIEND, (never mind the same sex thing)... But the thought that they would let that none-existent girlfriend move the fcuk in with us was about the farthest thing from my mind.... MY parents would let me ride the space shuttle, ON THE OUTSIDE, before they would consider that.... She must be out of her goddamned mind!

WHAT THE fcuk IS SO FUCKED UP ABOUT THIS KID THAT SHE THINKS THATS A REASONABLE REQUEST- NAY, DEMAND, AT THIS AGE????

So.... Shelby talked to my Sister In Law for a bit the other night.... And blamed it all on her.

"You didnt let us see each other" (They were DRIVING 90 miles each weekend so these kids COULD see each other...)

"You should have let her move in with us."

When I was 16, my parents wouldnt let me have a GIRLFRIEND, (never mind the same sex thing)... But the thought that they would let that none-existent girlfriend move the fcuk in with us was about the farthest thing from my mind.... MY parents would let me ride the space shuttle, ON THE OUTSIDE, before they would consider that.... She must be out of her goddamned mind!

WHAT THE fcuk IS SO FUCKED UP ABOUT THIS KID THAT SHE THINKS THATS A REASONABLE REQUEST- NAY, DEMAND, AT THIS AGE????

Are you missing the major cultural shift towards narcissism that is taking place? She doesn't see the point of other people because she is a person in her own movie and the main hero.