Facebook...did you know...

lambo1

ALL THE PHONE NUMBERS of your contacts are now on Facebook! go to the top right of the screen, click on ACCOUNT, click on EDIT FRIENDS, left side of screen and click CONTACTS. you will see all phone numbers from your cell phone (FB friends or not) are published that you have stored in your mobile phone. TO REMOVE, go to the right column, click on “thispage.” please repost this on your status, so your friends can remove their numbers and thus prevent abuse if they do not want them published

This has been like this forever. You could always see all your friend's contacts. I wonder if this is floating up because of the anonPR

Okay but I'm confused. Can anyone view these contact numbers? Like could you go to my facebook now and view these cell phone numbers of my friends?

Nope,just figured that out..only you can view them but I dont like the idea of having all my numbers being stored by facebook.

Most numbers have been there. In fact.. I have an android phone. What does that matter? You might ask? For almost a year now... my phone has synchronized with my facebook account, it automatically imports my facebook contacts. If you're on my friends list and you have your phone # and email listed? It's in my phone. It's very very common with android phones.

Definitely if anyone is uncomfortable with their contact info being out there, make sure that you set your privacy settings up right.

STAY OFF FACEBOOK!!....Or only access it through a PUBLIC computer. That damn website has caused more damage then anyother public media outlet EVER!! The CIA, FBI, and Police departments have FULL access to everything in your profile, at anytime. No big deal if you have nothing to hide, but its the people that have access to this information I'm worried about. Some of the biggest sicko's out there work for the government!!

ALL THE PHONE NUMBERS of your contacts are now on Facebook! go to the top right of the screen, click on ACCOUNT, click on EDIT FRIENDS, left side of screen and click CONTACTS. you will see all phone numbers from your cell phone (FB friends or not) are published that you have stored in your mobile phone. TO REMOVE, go to the right column, click on “thispage.” please repost this on your status, so your friends can remove their numbers and thus prevent abuse if they do not want them published

16% of my facebook friends have their number there. Of which 2 are in my phone contacts.

so I never imported my contacts but facebook will still display the contact info of friends who have included it on their profiles

STAY OFF FACEBOOK!!....Or only access it through a PUBLIC computer. That damn website has caused more damage then any other public media outlet EVER!! The CIA, FBI, and Police departments have FULL access to everything in your profile, at anytime. No big deal if you have nothing to hide, but its the people that have access to this information I'm worried about. Some of the biggest sicko's out there work for the government!!

+1000000 STAY OFF FACEBOOK!!!!

I would love to find out how many lives directly and indirectly FB has ruined. From divorces, breakups to job loss, expulsions etc... sure some might deserve it but others not so much. Most of the bad stuff would not have happened without the aid of FB.

Never been on it never will.

you will see all phone numbers from your cell phone (FB friends or not) are published that you have stored in your mobile phone.

Unless you have chosen to sync your phone to facebook, these are only the numbers your friends have typed in as contact information...

I would love to find out how many lives directly and indirectly FB has ruined. From divorces, breakups to job loss, expulsions etc... sure some might deserve it but others not so much. Most of the bad stuff would not have happened without the aid of FB.

:iamwithstupid:

Think of all the good things that have happened because of facebook! New relationships, new friends, parties, stalking ex's, laughing at the misfortune of bullies from school etc! :eusa_dance:

To be serious tho, those who lost their jobs, girlfriend/boyfriend, marriage etc due to facebook have ONLY THEMSELVES TO THANK.

If someone finds out their husband is cheating, or that their employee is calling in sick while being in Key West, I would say to thank facebook, not blame it.

Be very careful about face book and the way it syncs,

I recently returned from a vacation with my g/f and she reported on trip advisor about some problems we had with the hotel, she had no idea that this would sync with facebook and not only show a picture of her but give her name also.

Russell

i realized this when facebook synced all my friends as contacts on my android fone.

Haha same, but I had this number of a girl I once tried to hook up with but never texted her. Then I was using facebook with my phone and it linked that number to her fb account so I got a hold of her fb page.

Edit:

The phone numbers on facebook are posted by the people who wanted it, it's not something that facebook did behind their back. You had the option to add your number yes or no, it's that simple.

Unless you have chosen to sync your phone to facebook, these are only the numbers your friends have typed in as contact information...

:iamwithstupid:

the list of numbers i see can be found in my friend's profiles aswell..you would be able to see my number too because i typed it in the contact info on my profile..

Its been like that for a while but I too realized that from my android. Haha and Facebook isn't to blame for any of the stuff mentioned above. Its the individuals fault for doing stuff they shouldn't be doing and FB is just the way they get caught.

Be very careful about face book and the way it syncs,

I recently returned from a vacation with my g/f and she reported on trip advisor about some problems we had with the hotel, she had no idea that this would sync with facebook and not only show a picture of her but give her name also.

Russell

I use a pseudo name on facebook...as i dont need my name all over the place....

Its' not over even if you click "Remove Imported Contacts" ....

Under " Invites and Imported Contacts page"

Invite History ---> Manage Invite Settings ----> Remove All Imported Contacts-----> Tick the box!

By removing all your imported contacts, Facebook won't be able to provide you with the best possible experience.

I understand the consequences..

I use a pseudo name on facebook...as i dont need my name all over the place....

I always used a shortened last name on facebook for this reason exactly.

Also as correctly stated facebook is a tool, it is the person who decides how to use it. Some people can use it to spread the positive message, or a marketing one, some, like my friend today, can use it to completely destroy their credibility.

The fact that all of the stuff you posted on the internet is there for people to see... that is what should be in the back of people's minds. Facebook isn't selling your funny quotes to anyone.

To be serious tho, those who lost their jobs, girlfriend/boyfriend, marriage etc due to facebook have ONLY THEMSELVES TO THANK.

If someone finds out their husband is cheating, or that their employee is calling in sick while being in Key West, I would say to thank facebook, not blame it.

yeah it really annoys me when people blame facebook for getting caught. Dont do shit your not supposed if you dont want to get caught.

Also people act like facebook is standing behind them monitoring what they are doing. Facebook only knows what you tell it.

Someone should write a comprehensive FB privacy guide. Time and again they have proven that they want to destroy privacy settings of people who want to keep things private.

-Set your settings so no one can search for you

-Share things only with Friends, not friends of friends

-Don't friend anyone you aren't good friends with

-Under no circumstances friend someone you don't know

-Keep an eye on pictures you are or could get tagged in

-Disable friend posts to your wall. (especially important if you have multiple girlfriends)

-Watch out with people adding you to groups. I had to de-friend someone just last week because of a group he added me to.

-Always log out of FB when you are done. When they first released their graph api website owners could see who you were just by you visiting their site (if you weren't logged out.) Its not much better now.

-Above all else, you can no longer afford to be real life friends with people who are idiots

Google Plus is really fcuking creepy. Just like twitter anyone can "follow" you, unlike twitter they ban you if anyone complains you aren't using your real name. I currently have an account which may soon be deleted.

I take my privacy online very seriously; I also run an online advertising company. These guys are just being greedy assholes, the only reason they are being deceptive about privacy settings is so they can make more money on ads.