05LSV Buying a Gallardo Thread

05LSV

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking at a nice 06 G that doesn't have a clear bonnet. I like the color and the interior, and it has some nice options, but the clear bonnet is a deal breaker for me. Is this something that's only available from a dealer? Or is there an aftermarket company that makes a nice replacement? What is the estimated cost to make this change?

Thanks.

I think once I read something like 5k ( which is quite a bit for glass lid..) but don't quote me

subscribed to confirm

It's relatively easy to do; the only issue is what it costs. An OEM one from a dealer is around 10k, although one of the vendors who sells OEM parts at a discount might be able to cut you a better deal. There are some aftermarket c/f ones, but from what I have seen and heard, the quality can be spotty. Best bet is to find a used OEM one, but they can be hard to find as they get snapped up really quickly at $5-6k.

If I recall it was like a 7k job. I think Roy may have given me that ballpark figure along with another retailer. So yeah def figure that into the price of your car you are looking at. Def a MUST have though

For a Lamborghini (I'm assuming since the Gallardo section)

Mike Luongo at Lamborghini Dallas. (972-381-4000)

James Patterson at Norwood Performance (972-831-8111) is also excellent.

Both are very honest and straightforward no BS kind of guys.

The job itself is simple. Maybe an hour or two of labor. It's just the price of the bonnet. Sometimes you'll find a used clear bonnet for ~$2000-$2500, but then you gotta paint it if the color is different.

One of the cars I'm looking at is actually at Lambo Dallas. Can I assume it would be best to have an outside agency do the PPI?

How is Lambo Dallas as a dealership with regard to reputation?

Thanks for the replies. If I end up with this particular car with no clear bonnet, I'd like to do the carbon fiber, but I found an aftermarket paintable one online for about half the cost. It's going to depend on the car deal itself for which direction I'd go....

One of the cars I'm looking at is actually at Lambo Dallas. Can I assume it would be best to have an outside agency do the PPI?

How is Lambo Dallas as a dealership with regard to reputation?

Have purchased 2 through them, top notch guys, great reputation, nice as they come.

Is the aftermarket one you found from a manufacturers site or is it just a single bonnet? I want to get mine done as well but the 7-10k price is too much.

Thanks for the replies. If I end up with this particular car with no clear bonnet, I'd like to do the carbon fiber, but I found an aftermarket paintable one online for about half the cost. It's going to depend on the car deal itself for which direction I'd go....

Not sure if the aftermarket CF bonnets have provisions for the factory wing motors and accesories. You could probably do an SL wing, and then just stuff the motor somewhere to avoide the wing light. But that will add to the expense...

Is the aftermarket one you found from a manufacturers site or is it just a single bonnet? I want to get mine done as well but the 7-10k price is too much.

Check your PM.

I'm looking at a nice 06 G that doesn't have a clear bonnet. I like the color and the interior, and it has some nice options, but the clear bonnet is a deal breaker for me. Is this something that's only available from a dealer? Or is there an aftermarket company that makes a nice replacement? What is the estimated cost to make this change?

Thanks.

I looked into this a while back. Just for parts, it's about $10k OEM or $6000 aftermarket. It's 5 pieces: the hood itself, the undercover, the glass, and the two vents.

Add labor and painting so about $1000 more. If you find a used one and it needs to be repainted, the labor cost will be higher because of the prep work to strip the old paint.

Call Tony Taylor at Lambo DaLLAS. 972-381-4021 he WILL TELL YOU LIKE IT IS.

Yeah, adding the glass bonnet after the fact is a major expense. When I was looking, it was a must-have option, along with being a 6-speed. Got lucky, as Roy had the right car listed in his inventory at the right time at the right price in the right color with low miles.

Call Tony Taylor at Lambo DaLLAS. 972-381-4021 he WILL TELL YOU LIKE IT IS.

Tony has left, call John Hrad there and he will point you in the right direction.

Is it just me, or does it seem like prices are going up right now? Is it dealers trading cars back and forth and jacking up prices? Why isn't anyone willing to negotiate - are dealers just blowing these cars out like it's nothing? I'm told that winter will slow things down, but damn I'm getting impatient.

So.....

Is this really the market right now?

2006 G - low miles (under 10k) - $125k

2007 G - low miles - $135k

2008 G - low miles - $140k

These are current dealer prices and I've made offers that I've thought were fair - I have been shot down on each. There are exceptions to these prices, for example there's a 2007 Black/tan G for sale for $118k online right now, but it's not the exact car I want.

As another example, a clean 2006 G with clear bonnet and carbon package sold on eBay a couple of weeks ago for $106k. Less than a week later it was listed by a dealer online for $122k!! Really?!??

That seems like where the market was when I was looking and I havent really seen it change that much. If anything went up a bit. Id say it will dip a little this winter but also after buying my car I realize that this market is not that seasonal. If someone is in the market they are in the market, if not then not. I am contemplating listing my 06 G with 22k miles orange with black interior, clear bonnet. If you have any interest let me know.

There are a lot less of them on the market now than there were a year ago. Prices have gone up a touch, but nothing too steep. Have you found anything that you like? I have not seen a ton of really nice cars for sale out there right now. The ones that are the ones to have, the low mileage trades or the ones with good miles and the right colors and equipment, have held steady at higher prices.

There are a lot less of them on the market now than there were a year ago. Prices have gone up a touch, but nothing too steep. Have you found anything that you like? I have not seen a ton of really nice cars for sale out there right now. The ones that are the ones to have, the low mileage trades or the ones with good miles and the right colors and equipment, have held steady at higher prices.

I've found a couple that are the right car for me, but I just don't feel right paying what I feel is an inflated price for a car that I feel should go for $15k+ less.