UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

You probably shouldn't bet on these.....

Damn!! You got that right. Sheesh!

I'm shocked by the degree of pure and utter beatdown Luke put on Chris. Good lord! Well done by Luke.

The Conor/Jose thing . . . jeezus khrist. Everyone praising Conor to high heaven and yes, Aldo made a mistake, Conor did something well, and thus deserves the win, but you can't tell me this says ANYTHING about how the two would match up if they were to fight 99 more times. For that would be ridiculous. Example? CAIN vs. DOS SANTOS 1. That's all you need to know about what flukey knockouts prove.

I still want to see them fight again, for real, because we still know nothing about how that plays out. But goddamn, did Conor get in that boy's head.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great card, best card of the year for sure. Great to get back to watching dudes instead of women fighting :icon_mrgreen:

Rockhold, fantastic fight. Not even close, left no doubt. Surprised the majority of people certainly. His gym has almost all the belts.

Aldo, overcommitted with the right feint then left hook, Conor half a second ahead of him, big power in his left. Good for him, now we will see a busy champion instead of a fight every year and a half. DFW said he had a hard time making 45 and it is inevitable he is moving to 55, will be fun watching him fight a heavier class.

Aldo v. Rousey for 2016!

Is Luke Rockhold a wordplay on Luke Skywalker?

Rock -> Sky

Hold-> Walk

MIND BLOWN!

Conor made $10-12 million apparently, sick. As much as I'd like to see him beat, he's no doubt good for the sport.

I feel Frankie will be a better test than Aldo (if they actually ended up fighting...), mainly since Aldo is fighting so rarely. Both had short fights, so maybe we can hope for a matchup in February/March?

• 2 months later...
Dos Anjos pulled from McGregor "superfight" with broken foot. This feels familiar. His shipment of HGH probably was late. Now we get to watch Dana have a shit fit and fill the hole with Cerrone.

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/23/11098656...ght-ufc-196-mma

GOD DAMN IT!

So some poor sucker will step up on two weeks notice and give Conor another easy win... :rolleyes:

GOD DAMN IT!

So some poor sucker will step up on two weeks notice and give Conor another easy win... :rolleyes:

I was looking forward to this one too. My gut told me RDA would likely win it, but I like Conor for entertainment value, the UFC needs more big polarizing personalities.

I was looking forward to this one too. My gut told me RDA would likely win it, but I like Conor for entertainment value, the UFC needs more big polarizing personalities.

Considering Cerrone's inability to take bodyshots, I think he will have big problems with Conor unless he takes him down and subs him instantly. And the cut will be brutal from recently fighting at 170.

If Frankie steps up I really hope he has been in training "expecting" this, and doesn't pull a Mendes.

Considering Cerrone's inability to take bodyshots, I think he will have big problems with Conor unless he takes him down and subs him instantly. And the cut will be brutal from recently fighting at 170.

If Frankie steps up I really hope he has been in training "expecting" this, and doesn't pull a Mendes.

I think I read Edgar is a no to fill in, could be wrong? Agree on the cut, but they said he's already 174.

Nate Diaz, seriously? That's a lose/lose for Conor IMO.

Conor wins - who gives a fcuk, it's Nate Diaz for God sakes.

Conor loses - Holy shit Conor lost to Nate Diaz.

I feel Dana put this together for 2 reasons...

1) He feels it could be a easy win for Conor hoping the golden boy remains injury free and fight ready for UFC 200

2) Given the nature of Nick and Conor, it will be highly entertaining watching these two clowns go at it verbally. Entertainment value = $$ in Dana's pocket.

Porter, you really think RDA is dirty?

I think it's like the NFL, maybe 75 - 80% using? No way to really know, just a hunch. RDA looks like he would piss hot if USADA showed up on the wrong day.

Nate Diaz, seriously? That's a lose/lose for Conor IMO.

Conor wins - who gives a fcuk, it's Nate Diaz for God sakes.

Conor loses - Holy shit Conor lost to Nate Diaz.

I feel Dana put this together for 2 reasons...

1) He feels it could be a easy win for Conor hoping the golden boy remains injury free and fight ready for UFC 200

2) Given the nature of Nick and Conor, it will be highly entertaining watching these two clowns go at it verbally. Entertainment value = $$ in Dana's pocket.

3) He's already sold all the tickets for the event, has to have Conor headline. Dana wants to get paid, Conor wants to get paid, too expensive to shitcan the main event.

I think sonny said he's rolled with the Diaz boys before, I am sure Nate will bring the fight, there is no quit in those boys.

3) He's already sold all the tickets for the event, has to have Conor headline. Dana wants to get paid, Conor wants to get paid, too expensive to shitcan the main event.

I think sonny said he's rolled with the Diaz boys before, I am sure Nate will bring the fight, there is no quit in those boys.

I trained in Lodi and am heading back this year , I have rolled and trained directly with Nate. Great guys great group and in shape year round.

I hope Nate wins to stop the momentum of Conor and shake up the division.

His height and boxing will be an advantage as well as his cardio later on.

I trained in Lodi and am heading back this year , I have rolled and trained directly with Nate. Great guys great group and in shape year round.

Awesome photo, Nate seems like a simple kid who has no quit in his fight. He has marbles in his mouth in interviews but his skills are no joke.

Bisping beat Silva tonight by UD. Fairly entertaining fight that saw both of them get knocked down. Kinda enjoy Pillow Fists Bisping for whatever reason, tries hard to create hype but in his mind actually thinks he can still be champion. Have to respect that.

He could use some lessons in shit talking. Conor looks desperate to engage him in hyping the fight but jesus fcuk he sounds higher than a kite.

He could use some lessons in shit talking. Conor looks desperate to engage him in hyping the fight but jesus fcuk he sounds higher than a kite.

Agree on what Diaz sounds like, but Conor has the shit talking punchlines of a 12 year old, albeit with a good presentation. Saying your opponents have vaginas to emasculate them is right up there with saying my father is stronger than yours. He has a thing or two to learn from a guy like Sonnen.

And the Oxford Dictionary should come with a picture of Conor next to the word narcissistic.

Best shit talker is this guy my friend world champ Eduardo Rocha, grew up training with helio ,Royce and Royler , fought Vale Tudo, I keep asking him to come out to lodi with me to share some of that old insane Brazilian shit talk...great dude but a killer probably literally

Best shit talker is this guy my friend world champ Eduardo Rocha, grew up training with helio ,Royce and Royler , fought Vale Tudo, I keep asking him to come out to lodi with me to share some of that old insane Brazilian shit talk...great dude but a killer probably literally

Does he talk smack in Portuguese or just English?

Would love to hear it.