UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

Just unbelievable! How many times can he go on TV and give the same bullshit speech about lessons learned and so on?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dana just posted Anderson Silva is stepping in for Jones

Good on DC accepting that, even as a non-title fight. He better win though, or he will look real silly...

What a zany turn of events, one after the next. Anyway, my picks:

Lesnar vs. Hunt -- Hunt via KO, Round 2

Tate vs. Nunes -- Nunes via TKO, Round 2

Aldo vs. Edgar -- (WTF knows?) -- Edgar via Unanimous Decision

Cormier vs. Silva -- Cormier via TKO, Round 3

Velasquez vs. Brown -- Velasquez via Unanimous Decision

What a zany turn of events, one after the next. Anyway, my picks:

Lesnar vs. Hunt -- Hunt via KO, Round 2

Tate vs. Nunes -- Nunes via TKO, Round 2

Aldo vs. Edgar -- (WTF knows?) -- Edgar via Unanimous Decision

Cormier vs. Silva -- Cormier via TKO, Round 3

Velasquez vs. Brown -- Velasquez via Unanimous Decision

Lesnar vs. Hunt -- Hunt via KO, Round 2--- agreed.

Tate vs. Nunes -- Nunes via TKO, Round 2---- -NOPE. tate submission round 3-4

Aldo vs. Edgar -- (WTF knows?) -- Edgar via Unanimous Decision ---ALDO knock out round 4

Cormier vs. Silva -- Cormier via TKO, Round 3 , agreed only round 1 not 3 .

Velasquez vs. Brown -- Velasquez via Unanimous Decision agreed.

Just saw the last UFC 200 Embedded episode...

Yeah, sure DC accepted Silva under the sheets in his bed with the cameras rolling :rolleyes:

"Reality TV" sucks.

That "gold" canvas makes it look like a fuсking backyard MMA event :icon_oak:

It's definitely different! I can't decide yet whether I like it or not!

Weird night of cobbled together fights.

Cain looked fantastic. IMO he is the best heavyweight out there right now. He has to stay healthy and get the strap back.

Aldo looked like... Aldo. Fights to not lose instead of to win. For such a talented fighter, he doesn't seem to enjoy going for a finish. Poor Edgar, again the bridesmaid. He must have the most unsuccessful title challenges in history.

Lesnar looked pretty good for not fighting for the past half decade. Mark Hunt is no joke, Lesnar's plan to shoot, smother, and lunchbox the head worked great. I don't blame him for not wanting to get a Mark Hunt shot to the dome.

Cormier and Silva... was a financial transaction. They went through the motions and got paid. The crowd were not fans of Cormier's style.

Nunes and Tate was not even close. Nunes looked excellent.

This card went through four main event changes. DW should be happy it's finally over.

I don't follow UFC as closely as some of you I'm sure, but Lesnar still seems more hype than talent to me. Did he even throw a punch while they were standing?

Haven't seen his other fights as I only somewhat follow the UFC, but I just watched the 2010 fight between Lesnar and Velasquez. Brock came out against Hunt far more cautiously in this fight. Velasquez looked the same as in the 2010 fight against Lesnar, i.e. relentless and punishing. I loved that spinning hook kick he did.

wow

I should have been more clear, I meant were they the full 100% owners of the UFC with this sale occurring, or were there other owners? (I haven't followed the ownership of it over the years).

So the Fertita brothers are now $4 billion wealthier?

Fertitta Brothers bought UFC back in 2000 for 2M. They fronted the capital and gave Dana White a 10% equity stake in it along with salary to manage. Few years ago they took some equity out and sold 10% to an Abu Dhabi investment firm, bringing DW's equity stake to 9% and Frank and Lorenzo's to 45.5% each.

With this sale, there will be conditions tying DW and (less so) Fertittas to the project to ensure succession planning. Whether it's as simple as carving up the 4B three ways remains to be seen, but huge payday nonetheless.

Fertitta Brothers bought UFC back in 2000 for 2M. They fronted the capital and gave Dana White a 10% equity stake in it along with salary to manage. Few years ago they took some equity out and sold 10% to an Abu Dhabi investment firm, bringing DW's equity stake to 9% and Frank and Lorenzo's to 45.5% each.

With this sale, there will be conditions tying DW and (less so) Fertittas to the project to ensure succession planning. Whether it's as simple as carving up the 4B three ways remains to be seen, but huge payday nonetheless.

One thing, but if each brother had 45.5% and DW 9%, that adds up to 100% right? So wouldn't DW or the Brothers' stake have to be lower for an investment firm to have 10%? White it is reported said the sale was "bittersweet."

One thing, but if each brother had 45.5% and DW 9%, that adds up to 100% right? So wouldn't DW or the Brothers' stake have to be lower for an investment firm to have 10%? White it is reported said the sale was "bittersweet."

Sorry, 40.5% for each brother after selling 10%.

Whether it's as simple as carving up the 4B three ways remains to be seen, but huge payday nonetheless.
Speaking of payday....

Amanda Nunes ($100,000 + no win bonus = $100,000) def. Miesha Tate ($500,000)

Brock Lesnar ($2,500,000 + no win bonus = $2,500,000) def. Mark Hunt ($700,000)

Daniel Cormier ($500,000 + no win bonus = $500,000) def. Anderson Silva ($600,000)

Jose Aldo ($400,000 + $100,000 = $500,000) def. Frankie Edgar ($190,000)

Cain Velasquez ($300,000 + no win bonus = $300,000) def. Travis Browne ($120,000)

Julianna Pena ($32,000 + $32,000 = $64,000) def. Cat Zingano ($35,000)

Kelvin Gastelum ($53,000 + $33,000 = $83,000)* def. Johny Hendricks ($80,000)*

T.J. Dillashaw ($25,000 + $25,000 = $50,000) def. Raphael Assuncao ($42,000)

Sage Northcutt ($50,000 + $50,000 = $100,000) def. Enrique Marin ($13,000)

Joe Lauzon ($54,000 + $54,000 = $108,000) def. Diego Sanchez ($80,000)

Gegard Mousasi ($75,000 + $35,000 = $110,000) def. Thiago Santos ($28,000)

Jim Miller ($59,000 + $59,000 = $118,000) def. Takanori Gomi ($55,000)

*Hendricks surrendered 20-percent of his purse for missing weight

Thanks Placid. That TJ payday is...terrible...wow...for an ex-champion...I'd switch up my agent ASAP...has to get that cheese up.

Wondering what kind of PPV deal Brock got. He made LOTS of money on Saturday...dang...

-Olivier