UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

Nate Diaz, seriously? That's a lose/lose for Conor IMO.

$1 MM says he wins either way, he'll probably cash in around $10 MM total.

But from a sports perspective I definitely agree.

All this talk about him moving up to 170 as if that's a feat... He's against a fighter who's fought once a year the last three years, on 10 days notice who himself isn't even a welterweight.

I just hope Diaz brings it and can drag Conor into the later rounds for once. If he has a good gameplan he can certainly give the Irishman trouble. Need to protect that lead leg he keeps planted though...

And Holm will walk through Tate I'm sure!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, ain't that the truth! LOL! :icon_mrgreen:

I thought it was rather premature how all the MMA fans were saying, after Holm beat Rousey, that now she was an unbeatable, unstoppable fighter who would dominate completely. That said, I feel sad as I had wanted Holm to win. I also however wanted Miesha Tate to win as well as they are both nice ladies. I do hope that all the instant Holm fans do not jump ship and turn on her like so many did Rousey however. Rousey was deserving of all the hate, but not Holm IMO.

I thought it was rather premature how all the MMA fans were saying, after Holm beat Rousey, that now she was an unbeatable, unstoppable fighter who would dominate completely. That said, I feel sad as I had wanted Holm to win. I also however wanted Miesha Tate to win as well as they are both nice ladies. I do hope that all the instant Holm fans do not jump ship and turn on her like so many did Rousey however. Rousey was deserving of all the hate, but not Holm IMO.

She dominated the standup, but got scared of the takedowns. She had a good plan against Ronda, but no answer to Tate apparently. Good job of Tate though, she was probably losing the fight. Her problem is that her standup is on par with Ronda, but on the ground she gets dominated...

Diaz though... battered and bruised but not beaten. Conor shows HUGE gaps in his game (AS EXPECTED), and becomes a panic wrestler as soon as he gets rocked. But has no ground game so it's kinda pointless. I'm sure Mendes would have beaten him with a full camp, and talking about taking on the WW champ is nonsense. Lawler would have killed him.

Regardless of weight-class, a take-down is apparently Conors go-to move when rocked... Against a BJJ BLACK BELT when hurt. Smart.

Oh, and he got rocked by a Stockton Slap!

She dominated the standup, but got scared of the takedowns. She had a good plan against Ronda, but no answer to Tate apparently. Good job of Tate though, she was probably losing the fight. Her problem is that her standup is on par with Ronda, but on the ground she gets dominated...

You mean on the ground she dominates...? Or do you mean against Ronda, she gets dominated on the ground. Agree that she was losing to Holly, but then went for that last-second takedown and got the choke in. Now imagine if Tate fights Ronda and loses. Talk about a crazy three-way situation that now exists in women's MMA.

Diaz though... battered and bruised but not beaten. Conor shows HUGE gaps in his game (AS EXPECTED), and becomes a panic wrestler as soon as he gets rocked. But has no ground game so it's kinda pointless. I'm sure Mendes would have beaten him with a full camp, and talking about taking on the WW champ is nonsense. Lawler would have killed him.

Regardless of weight-class, a take-down is apparently Conors go-to move when rocked... Against a BJJ BLACK BELT when hurt. Smart.

Oh, and he got rocked by a Stockton Slap!

I am not super knowledgeable on MMA, but honestly, that fight between those two looked almost like two girls slapping at each other. Also was driving me bananas how they kept doing the, "What you got?" type thing where they open their arms out wide. It was like, "Punch-punch-punch-what-you-got? Punch-punch-punch-what-you-got?" Why has Connor been so dominate if he has such a huge hole grappling-wise? Has he basically been to men's MMA what Ronda Rousey was to women's MMA, i.e. able to dominate with a one-dimensional style, but then got exposed when put against a more skilled opponent?

You mean on the ground she dominates...? O

I meant Tate gets dominated by Ronda.

Why has Connor been so dominate if he has such a huge hole grappling-wise? Has he basically been to men's MMA what Ronda Rousey was to women's MMA, i.e. able to dominate with a one-dimensional style, but then got exposed when put against a more skilled opponent?

Conor HASN'T been dominant. That's an illusion built by the UFC. He beat Aldo by a "lucky punch". He beat a Mendes on two weeks notice. And he beat a lot of scrubs in the division. NO ONE tested him except Mendes that gassed out. Don't get me wrong, Conor is good. But he's not GSP/JBJ good. He's to cocky and despicable. It sounds good when he wins, but man how the excuses rain when he loses.

I meant Tate gets dominated by Ronda.

Conor HASN'T been dominant. That's an illusion built by the UFC. He beat Aldo by a "lucky punch". He beat a Mendes on two weeks notice. And he beat a lot of scrubs in the division. NO ONE tested him except Mendes that gassed out. Don't get me wrong, Conor is good. But he's not GSP/JBJ good. He's to cocky and despicable. It sounds good when he wins, but man how the excuses rain when he loses.

Nice that Diaz showed sportsmanship to McGregor at the end of the fight IMO.

Nice that Diaz showed sportsmanship to McGregor at the end of the fight IMO.

Agree, I expected some derogatory comments, but he showed class.

Agree with Placid. Conor is great at striking, needs work on the ground. He shot for the takedown out of necessity, his eggs were scrambled and needed to stop the shots to his head. Bad move given Nate's jits, that is no joke.

Props to McGregor for fighting 25 pounds above his weight class, that's remarkable. He needs to be careful with RDA too, I feel he loses that fight badly as well.

Meisha, great performance. Heart and silicone chest of a champion.

That was awesome and I'm so happy for Nate. Holm and Mcgregor need some serious BJJ lessons ASAP.

Great display of how awesome BJJ

Everything is relative of course with MMA fighters versus civilians, but if you had to give them a belt in BJJ, what would it be?

Glad Connor got rocked! Like someone said - he's not really been tested and i too agree he had a lucky punch in his previous fight. He's too flash and too cocky and clearly doesn't have the skills to back his shit talking up. He was in perfect shape for this fight, i don't care what people say about him adding weight for it - he had months for training and had an opponent that had a matter of weeks.

Nate is a bruiser and the important part is his that his ground game and ability to take a punch is strong, both of which Connor clearly needs improvment in. I love how Nate clocked Connor only a few times before his chin went. Instead of all his movement bullshit he should practice taking a few jabs to the chin.

End of the day hats off to both fighters - they both came out winning with Connor supposedly netting $10m. That's serious coin for a relatively new fighter that has created his own legacy without much history!

Everything is relative of course with MMA fighters versus civilians, but if you had to give them a belt in BJJ, what would it be?

Holly is actually white belt she just really started training Jiu jitsu and she acted like one, conor is a brown belt in real life but acted like a fresh blue. His bottom game looked really bad. As in anything sometimes you are good at one part of a sport and bad at others.

Glad Connor got rocked! Like someone said - he's not really been tested and i too agree he had a lucky punch in his previous fight. He's too flash and too cocky and clearly doesn't have the skills to back his shit talking up. He was in perfect shape for this fight, i don't care what people say about him adding weight for it - he had months for training and had an opponent that had a matter of weeks.

Nate is a bruiser and the important part is his that his ground game and ability to take a punch is strong, both of which Connor clearly needs improvment in. I love how Nate clocked Connor only a few times before his chin went. Instead of all his movement bullshit he should practice taking a few jabs to the chin.

End of the day hats off to both fighters - they both came out winning with Connor supposedly netting $10m. That's serious coin for a relatively new fighter that has created his own legacy without much history!

You can't practice taking shots to the chin , you can practice avoiding them, and Conor didn't add weight for the fight he just didn't cut, which is way easier ... He walks around at 170 plus anyway

You can't practice taking shots to the chin , you can practice avoiding them, and Conor didn't add weight for the fight he just didn't cut, which is way easier ... He walks around at 170 plus anyway

Bollocks you can't - he needs to practice taking some direct hits - he has a weak chin.

Bollocks you can't - he needs to practice taking some direct hits - he has a weak chin.

You can't strengthen your chin you make no sense, you can strengthen your neckyou can train to roll with them and avoid them but you can't make your chin tougher. Do you train or are you just guessing?/

And in fact the more you get wobbled or knocked out the harder it is to take punishment so beating yourself in the chin to make it tougher would have the opposite effect.

Read this: http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-strateg...-punches-better

Holly is actually white belt she just really started training Jiu jitsu and she acted like one, conor is a brown belt in real life but acted like a fresh blue. His bottom game looked really bad. As in anything sometimes you are good at one part of a sport and bad at others.

Damn, Brown or even Blue are not total newbs.....

Unreal.