104 members have voted

1. 1. Esprit TT V8 or Ferrari 355 Berlinetta

• Lotus Esprit TT V8
    • Ferrari 355 Berlinetta

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The esprit looks cooler than the 355 but the bottom line they both are crap, especially for Brian. Finish on both cars sucks, the 355 is super expensive to maintain relative to the purchase price and i think it looks better as a convertible. I remember test driving an Esprit and the shifter came out in my hand as soon as i pulled out of the dealership. Talk about a deal breaker and even though i think it a very cool looking car, the transmission is very weak and modding one is a pain. He is better off with a 911 variant in that price range, they are bulletproof.

The esprit looks cooler than the 355 but the bottom line they both are crap, especially for Brian. Finish on both cars sucks, the 355 is super expensive to maintain relative to the purchase price and i think it looks better as a convertible. I remember test driving an Esprit and the shifter came out in my hand as soon as i pulled out of the dealership. Talk about a deal breaker and even though i think it a very cool looking car, the transmission is very weak and modding one is a pain. He is better off with a 911 variant in that price range, they are bulletproof.

I agree with my Grandpa, Allan is trying to send me on a trip down his memory lane of shitbombs that are going to be a nightmare of problems for me as old as they are now!

I agree with Grandpa, Allan is trying to send me on a trip down his memory lane of shitbombs that are going to be a nightmare of problems for me as old as they are now!

I had 2 Esprits.. 1 of which I put 50K miles on... I had a 355 Spider.. We can even add.. 308's 328's, 348's.. Countachs..Diablos.. Blah blah blah..... and NONE of them ever gave me even 1/10 the problems your Gayman has! I never had a car I drove down the road at 60mph hoping it wouldnt all of a sudden kill me..

I had 2 Esprits.. 1 of which I put 50K miles on... I had a 355 Spider.. We can even add.. 308's 328's, 348's.. Countachs..Diablos.. Blah blah blah..... and NONE of them ever gave me even 1/10 the problems your Gayman has! I never had a car I drove down the road at 60mph hoping it wouldnt all of a sudden kill me..

LOL!!!

If you really want a car you'd only drive during the weekends, get a 997 GT3. The sound is magnificent, it's reliable, fast and it's perfect to drive in the hills.

I agree with my Grandpa, Allan is trying to send me on a trip down his memory lane of shitbombs that are going to be a nightmare of problems for me as old as they are now!

Here i am trying very hard to be nice to you and you call me grandpa lol :tyson: . Uncle sounds so much better.

Anyway, don't let Allan try to convince you into buying a car he wants himself. I know he dying to get another Esprit so what better than get you to buy one. And,i have yet to meet anyone who changes his mind faster that the wind changes direction. My son is very unstable lol.

Here i am trying very hard to be nice to you and you call me grandpa lol :tyson: . Uncle sounds so much better.

Anyway, don't let Allan try to convince you into buying a car he wants himself. I know he dying to get another Esprit so what better than get you to buy one. And,i have yet to meet anyone who changes his mind faster that the wind changes direction. My son is very unstable lol.

LOL aint that the truth!

Thats cause I take after my daddyo-o!

Youre young.... Which means you have different priorities than old A-holes like Allen and me... But when I was your age I remember my #1 agenda was attracting young ladies... And nothings gonna pull poon faster than the Ferrari....

But its still a giant piece of shit.

Thats cause I take after my daddyo-o!

Not quite but i do have my idiosyncrasies lol. Who doesn't. You are all over the place with cars, need to get wiser. Hopefully, when you are old like me, you will be wise. :icon_mrgreen:

Not quite but i do have my idiosyncrasies lol. Who doesn't. You are all over the place with cars, need to get wiser. Hopefully, when you are old like me, you will be wise. :icon_mrgreen:

I am the most stable car wise Ive ever been now.. I clearly know the direction Im going to take!

I am the most stable car wise Ive ever been now.. I clearly know the direction Im going to take!

For a couple of years maybe, assuming you don't pop a fuse in 6 months. Time will tell lol, should be interesting

For a couple of years maybe, assuming you don't pop a fuse in 6 months. Time will tell lol, should be interesting

First one to a Pantera Gt5 wins... :icon_mrgreen:

First one to a Pantera Gt5 wins... :icon_mrgreen:

I have a better car of the same era, BMW M1 with procar body. Very similar look. I like the GRP 5 Pantera

355 with Kreissieg. Looks/sound vise. More stares from women.

I bet the lotus is more rare in your area. More approving nods from enthusiasts.

That lotus looks too busy design vise.

If you really want Esprit, the earlier one look better.

But

355 maintenance nightmare vs Lotus reliability nightmare?

Maybe if you have other cars too. :)

Allan or anyone else in the "know"; :)

What is a fair market price right now for a 2000 Esprit V8 TT, say 50k miles in one of the desirable colors (black/orange/yellow/red).

Anything to look out for on the 2000 model year cars? At what price would a car like that be considered "cheap"?

Thanks in advance!