This is how to drive a Hummer H1...lol

LamboSPEED

Like a boss!

Might seem arrogant the way they drive, but I guess they do it to avoid being sitting ducks.

BTW the horn on the Hummer sounds puny.... beeep beeep lol

At first I thought it was a dick move but thinking about it, it makes perfect sense. If they stop in traffic, just as somebody already said- they're sitting ducks.

At first I thought it was a dick move but thinking about it, it makes perfect sense. If they stop in traffic, just as somebody already said- they're sitting ducks.

Exactly, and its not like he was bulldozing through the traffic without a care. If you look closely the driver actually waits a second and give them the opportunity to get out of the way while honking, and when they didn't...they got a budge.

Not exactly the way to win over hearts and minds. But not sure what the reason for their "nudging" was - so can't really judge.

War isn't about making anyone love you its about getting the job done and getting back safe. If that means nudging people out of the way then so be it. My life > your car.

You go in the middle of a war zone and sit in a traffic jam and see what happens..

Well they made the war zone so..... I guess this isn't the right thread for that conversation anyways.

Well they made the war zone so..... I guess this isn't the right thread for that conversation anyways.

Neither did the soldiers, they are just doing their job. I don't care who started what...put yourself in to their shoes and think what you would do. Are you going to sit in there and wait for an RPG yo hit your Humvee or are you going to do what it take to gtfo.

War isn't about making anyone love you its about getting the job done and getting back safe. If that means nudging people out of the way then so be it. My life > your car.

It is when you're fighting an insurgency. This isn't Germany in '44. But as I said, I don't disagree with what they did - depends on the circumstances. And if they had to be somewhere, can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing. Just might not have filmed it.....

Neither did the soldiers, they are just doing their job. I don't care who started what...put yourself in to their shoes and think what you would do. Are you going to sit in there and wait for an RPG yo hit your Humvee or are you going to do what it take to gtfo.

I hope they weren't the ones who posted the video on "how this is the right way to drive an H1", I'm certain the soldiers take it more seriously than that.

Military convoys are trained and have to drive like that; it's a matter of survival.

This is reasonable.

I hope they weren't the ones who posted the video on "how this is the right way to drive an H1", I'm certain the soldiers take it more seriously than that.

As is this.

It's perfectly fine to do what has to be done, but to gloat about it only adds to the anti-American ire out there in the world.

Your points are valid. I got a little heated and felt somewhat insulted. I may not always be proud of what our country is doing but the one thing I will always respect and defend are the soldiers who fight for our country. My dad and step-dad have served and my step-dads helicopter crashed in Afghanistan. Perhaps that's why I felt as if I had to say something...just sore about the subject.

Al-Qaeda going into the country and using it to fight the United States and allies is what made it a war zone after Hussein being overthrown. Al-Qaeda was so brutal that they turned the Iraqi peoples against them, so I would think most Iraqis would be understanding as to why U.S. soldiers would bump their vehicles out of the way.