Weird AM Rapide crash

soup

nice video, sucks for the car though.. you can never be to careful.. but you can be a little cocky at times..

nice video, sucks for the car though.. you can never be to careful.. but you can be a little cocky at times..

They seemed in a good mood considering he had just totaled a $200,000 car. Surprising that some of the body is made from fiberglass.

^ I agree they handled it great, he pushed the car a little much in my opinion without feeling the car out... therefore I labeled that as "cocky".

They seemed in a good mood considering he had just totaled a $200,000 car. Surprising that some of the body is made from fiberglass.

yes i was surprised to see fiberglass also, one would think with that kind of $$ CF would be used...

yes i was surprised to see fiberglass also, one would think with that kind of $$ CF would be used...

I think it speaks volumes to the health of the company, aside from the 1-77. The company essentially produces multiple vehicles from the same chassis. The recently introduced Virage is pointless. They are using ancient engines, which for their sizes are under powered. I think they are in real trouble as tightening emission controls and increased fuel economy requirements are going to make it extremely difficult from them to survive as a standalone company. Lamborghini wouldn't exist without Audi's engineering support.

Is it just me...I think the Rapide looks great in certain colors and very average in others?

I think it speaks volumes to the health of the company, aside from the 1-77. The company essentially produces multiple vehicles from the same chassis. The recently introduced Virage is pointless. They are using ancient engines, which for their sizes are under powered. I think they are in real trouble as tightening emission controls and increased fuel economy requirements are going to make it extremely difficult from them to survive as a standalone company. Lamborghini wouldn't exist without Audi's engineering support.

You're right. Look how many cars are so close to one another, and based on the same work.

Is it just me...I think the Rapide looks great in certain colors and very average in others?

I agree, I've seen a few IRL and it didn't have a WOW-factor on me. I like the way it looks though at the start of the video.

On youtube:

Also, due to the video, if I was his insurance company-I would not be paying out the claim, and he would be footing the repair.

Wow, braking in the turn didnt play out too well with the idiot button off. I'm surprised the passenger wasn't hurt. I know the air bag sensors are in the front but was surprised they did not go off. Good for them that they can joke about it though.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59132