I fcuking hate spiders

pockmark

I have pretty bad arachnophobia. It started when I was at sleep away camp when i was 12 waking up with a Brown Recluse on my fcuking face. I knocked it off and watched it run away before it bit me.

So 2 days ago, I am outside at the back of my house, and i see a mid sized spider and spiderweb to the far side of my house under one of my lawn spot lights. I leave it alone because it wasn't bothering anything.

So tonight I go out back again, and sure enough it has encroached on my fcuking area, and was building a web attached to my patio furniture and the wall of my house.

I watch it build the web for about 5 minutes, to see if I can ID the thing.

I go look it up, and sure enough another brown fcuking recluse.

I look for my barbeque lighter to fry the thing, and I can't find it. So I grab the Spectracide ant and Spider killer spray from my garage that says it kills on contact. I go outside and spray it for about 10 seconds on the web and stop. It crawls up to my roof, then falls to the ground about 14 feet like it is dying in the grass. I see it walking around through the grass, so I sprayed the fucker for about 2 minutes straight until i didn't see any more movement out of it. While i am doing that, another fcuking brown recluse comes out of the grass onto my concrete deck. I sprayed the fcuk out of that fucker too, and it crawled back into the grass to die.

I fcuking HATE Spiders. If anyone is wondering why. Google Brown Recluse Spider bites.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those are bad...how about stepping on it next time...that always seems to work ;) I fcuking hate scorpions....i live in the desert and see rattlesnakes, crazy bugs and random strangeness but scorpios just get me.....my cat loves to find them and play with them....then i step on them :) bbbllllaaaahhhhhh........insert Ace Ventura saying the bat is on him .......

Those are bad...how about stepping on it next time...that always seems to work ;) I fcuking hate scorpions....i live in the desert and see rattlesnakes, crazy bugs and random strangeness but scorpios just get me.....my cat loves to find them and play with them....then i step on them :) bbbllllaaaahhhhhh........insert Ace Ventura saying the bat is on him .......

I mean scorpions :)

Mike, are you sure that is a recluse? They look a lot like other spiders and they don't really build webs outside hanging from lights and furniture. They mostly inhabit the ground and small dark places that are cooler. I know they usually hide in dark places and like to get into shoes and things. There are not that many in FL to my understanding but they do live up here in GA. I have a close friend that was bitten by one that was living in his hockey skate. He put the skate on and it bit his foot. They were digging meat out of his foot for a while to get all the venom out and the necrosis. That spider is a nasty fucker, but he looks just like a relatively harmless house spider. They are also pretty small, which is surprising compared to what damage they can inflict.

stepped on a wolf spider that had an egg sack. next thing I know, 1000s of little spiders invaded my home.

Mike, are you sure that is a recluse? They look a lot like other spiders and they don't really build webs outside hanging from lights and furniture. They mostly inhabit the ground and small dark places that are cooler. I know they usually hide in dark places and like to get into shoes and things. There are not that many in FL to my understanding but they do live up here in GA. I have a close friend that was bitten by one that was living in his hockey skate. He put the skate on and it bit his foot. They were digging meat out of his foot for a while to get all the venom out and the necrosis. That spider is a nasty fucker, but he looks just like a relatively harmless house spider. They are also pretty small, which is surprising compared to what damage they can inflict.

You are right. They don't normally build webs. I sat there and looked at it for a good 5 minutes, and it looked identical to the pictures I saw online. Only difference is the legs were a little shorter. It was a brown/reddish color, and had an identical body to a recluse with possibly shorter legs.

Whatever spider it is, I think they have infested the area, because like I said, I was spraying the grass to kill the fucker, and another one came out of the grass to say hello.

Time to call Orkin and get raped on pricing. Last time they wanted $475.00 to just do the outside of my house.

stepped on a wolf spider that had an egg sack. next thing I know, 1000s of little spiders invaded my home.

hahahaha that's disgusting

I'm looking at all these pictures I find on wiki and it makes me cringe. So nasty. Yuck!

Sell the house.

Brown recluse has a dark fidle shaped coloration. Not as easy to spot as the red portion of a female black widow, but still might be able to pick it out. Spiders give me the creeps as well, but love those garden orb weavers and lynx spiders...they are pretty.

Mike,

Unusual for a Recluse to be in Miami.

It's easy to identify because their nickname is the violin spider. It has a very distinct dark brown violin pattern on the top of its abdomen.

They are fast and aggressive usually living under things. But when in doubt, kill it. They are really nasty. Been around several.

I used to have Black Widows, tarantulas and scorpions as pets.

Violin spiders fcuk you up big time right, I've googled that spider ages ago and the bite will get worse and worse and your skin starts to rotten/vanish?!

Mike,

Unusual for a Recluse to be in Miami.

It's easy to identify because their nickname is the violin spider. It has a very distinct dark brown violin pattern on the top of its abdomen.

They are fast and aggressive usually living under things. But when in doubt, kill it. They are really nasty. Been around several.

I used to have Black Widows, tarantulas and scorpions as pets.

The sleep away camp I mentioned was in North Carolina where I saw ALL KINDS OF CRITTERS.

The one in my back yard may have been an orb weaver.

I couldn't get close enough to really look at it, nor did I have a desire to. 3 feet away was close enough.

What was crazy was I sprayed the thing with Spectracide literally for 3 minutes straight, and it was still moving around.

Then I read that Recluses are immune to some Insect killers, and what it ends up doing is messing up their nervous system and making them MORE

AGGRESSIVE. I thought to myself GREAT now I have a p!ssed off half dead spider.

Oh and I was barefoot, so I wasn't stepping on it.