Normal White VS. Balloon White?

lambolp400s

There is not by any chance someone that has a photo of a normal white car alongside a ballon white car ( in the same light) to see how much it sticks out over plain white?

As a matter of fact....

Lambo is Balloon White

Porsche is Carrera White

CL550 is Diamond White which has metal flake but is more of a pure metallic white and not nearly as reflective as the Lambo.

The last photo is darkest and you really see the difference in the little patch of sunlight on the noses of the Lambo & GT3.

Hope this helps....

PA080066.JPG

PA080071.JPG

PA080078.JPG

PA090146.JPG

PA090161.JPG

That's mighty White of you Carol. Thanks for posting!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

that was the "white" caravan to the Glen

the pearl white doesn't have a yellow tint unlike older pearl white paints from the 90's on infiniti for example. if you like white, you'll love ballon white.

the flat white is cool on a SL. if you are ordering a white car, i think ballon white takes the "cake".

the pearl white doesn't have a yellow tint unlike older pearl white paints from the 90's on infiniti for example. if you like white, you'll love ballon white.

the flat white is cool on a SL. if you are ordering a white car, i think ballon white takes the "cake".

Forgot to mention - I have clear bra on the entire nose of the car (full hood, nose, fenders) and behind rear wheel arches. It doesn't seem to affect the appearance much - most don't notice it at all. It was applied in March just before I took delivery.

from our fall drive...was a foggy morning; need some sunlight to tell the diff:

xb0e1g.jpg

Bianco Isis - flat white for Murcielagos MY02 and onward

Pearl White - pearl white for Murcielagos MY03 - MY04 (replaced with Balloon White)

Bianco Cygnus - flat white for Gallardos MY04 - MY08 (replaced with Bianco Monocerus)

Balloon White - pearl white for Murcielagos MY05 and onward and Gallardos MY05 and onward

Bianco Monocerus - flat white on Gallardos MY08 and onward

Mine was Bianco Monocerus - flat white with no metallic flecks. Didn't like it. Much prefer Balloon/Pearl white.

560__27_.jpg

from our fall drive...was a foggy morning; need some sunlight to tell the diff:

xb0e1g.jpg

lol beat me to it!

it took me looking at them side by side to really notice how completely different they are. i love both.

Best white i have seen is on the Zonda Cinque, it's pearl like baloon but much brighter white like the flat colours. if i ever order a white car that would be the coulor i went for.

Best white i have seen is on the Zonda Cinque, it's pearl like baloon but much brighter white like the flat colours. if i ever order a white car that would be the coulor i went for.

Have you seen that one floating about London. Agree that the White is sensational.

Have you seen that one floating about London. Agree that the White is sensational.

Yep, its very nice, I got a little tour of it when it was in the showroom a while back, hard to capture the colour in a photo but it is much brighter than baloon & i'm sold on the colour scheme.

DSCN8671.JPG

DSCN8683.JPG

DSCN8737_1.JPG

That is park lane isn't it? The Cinque I saw was a roadster. Can't tell from the pics but is that a hard top or the roadster. Either way it is very stunning.

Yep Bob Forstners, it's a roadster and the same car that was running around in town.

Yep Bob Forstners, it's a roadster and the same car that was running around in town.

isn't that the same car that now belongs to LamboPower member from Singapore?

isn't that the same car that now belongs to LamboPower member from Singapore?

I wouldnt think so. Singapore is a RHD country, the above car is LHD. If anything, the Singapore Cinque is a car that was imported from HK.

Also, I believe the owner isnt an LP member, but that video clip was taken by an LP member.

Just in case you don't have enough comparison photos....

Here's some from yesterday in bright, late day sun with a GT3RS in Carrera White

IMG00437_20111108_1600.jpg

IMG00436_20111108_1600.jpg

IMG00435_20111108_1559.jpg

On the subject of pearl. Is ballon white actually a pearl, not a brilliant paint? Brilliant paint as most new Lambo-colors isr, and gives a brighter apparence, and pops mor, but does'nt change color as much as a pearl. Saw this LP640 in Cannes last summer, and (not in this pic since it is in the shadow) was so bright that other white cars beside looked more off-white compared to it. Should be sensational on a Countach, would'nt it?

37506_410763861289_620936289_5051688_2943652_n.jpg

Balloon white is very much a pearl paint. It can appear silver to white (usually). I am often asked if it's Pearl White (and I just say yes usually rather than correct someone on the name of the color - since it looks like the luster of a pearl).

Here's a shot at night under a light - some think it looks silver here:

P7150011.JPG

The CL550 (shown in earlier post) is a brilliant metallic color. Essentially "pure" white with lots of metal flake - but the flake is very fine. It's really stands out in sunlight - but it doesn't look metallic compared to the Balloon White (which also looks off white)

What year is the MB? Thinks I might have to go and get a few paint-samples and try them out myself to see it up close and get a good comparison.

MB is a 2011. Pretty sure the Diamond White color has been around awhile.

there were pearl white countach

but i think they started with QVs

your LP400S was bianco polo i think, to be sure i should check my files though

you can find bianco polo http://www.jalpa.ch/

personally i would go original for an historic car like tha, countach looks perfect in polo white

one of the best and more iconic colors for the car (imo)

there were pearl white countach

but i think they started with QVs

your LP400S was bianco polo i think, to be sure i should check my files though

you can find bianco polo http://www.jalpa.ch/

personally i would go original for an historic car like tha, countach looks perfect in polo white

one of the best and more iconic colors for the car (imo)

Yes, as far as possible, I would too, but earlier this year I saw this newly painted Porsche 944 at a Porsche-meeting, and standing alongside other white cars it just looked "whiter".. I'm not sure how to write this, but it had no obvious signs of pearl or brilliant or anything, but for some reason it just looked more "pure-white", clearer.. It could easily be belived to be an original paint, but it was just better. I want that!!!