2 fcuking idiots racing on pch, one crashed into a family.

Assman

That guy "Grant" that pulled the people and children from the burning cars is a hero. It always amazes me to see what someone does in a situation like that. Who stands on the side of the road and watches and who rushes in.

Jesus! Hope the lady and her kids have recoverable injuries and no serious burns.

The mother had two broken legs it sounds like. The kids were OK, and it was the Viper that caught on fire.

That guy "Grant" that pulled the people and children from the burning cars is a hero. It always amazes me to see what someone does in a situation like that. Who stands on the side of the road and watches and who rushes in.

I had a similar but not quite so heroic incident occur. My wife and I were on our way to a quick holiday in Ojai and I saw a pickup wrecked pinned against a tree. It was a fresh accident and there were no Emergency personnel on scene so I got out and ran to the truck. There was a man inside so I got in the rear crew cab to check on him. As soon as I got in one of the airbags exploded and sent glass fragments everywhere. Then I talked to him. His leg was pinned between the truck and a giant tree. There was no way I could free him so I sat with him and talked. Others had called 911. The other airbag exploded shortly after and sent more glass everywhere. I stayed with him, called his wife to let her know he was hurt but stable and when the EMT's arrived I gave them whatever info I thought would help and I left so as not to be in their way.

I talked to him a couple of days later. His leg was broken, but fortunately no loss of distal blood flow so besides needing a fixator he'd eventually heal. It took a couple of hours and a large piece of equipment to get the truck off the tree so he could be freed.

Every street racing thread you have ever seen me react to vehemently is with this exact scenario in mind with my family inserted in the minivan. Thank God they are ok.

Last year I was driving the 458 Italia down PCH in Malibu and the car was still somewhat new and some dipshit in a Viper tried getting me to race him then took off and almost crashed into a car as he swerved lanes. I'm glad to see the family is ok and the occupant of the Viper was pulled from the wreck. This is going to cause Malibu police to come down even harder on exotic cars breaking the speed limit in that area I feel.

Interestingly I had a guy in the same MY silver viper (roadster) trying to instigate a race with me. Wasn't too long ago. I wouldn't be surprised if this was him. Looked to be a heavier set guy in his mid 40s. Was wearing sunglasses and a cap, but notably has a mustache.

i cringe every time one of these racing stories pops up.

I sincerely hope all involved are ok and recover...I just know that every time this happens it makes it even harder to enjoy the cars we love. the penalties for even cruising along 20mph over the limit are getting so severe it makes me wonder what the point is to owning super cars. (and i love super cars more than any other "thing" on the planet) large fines i can handle...i don't mind playing that cat and mouse game. its the impounding and loosing my license that i worry about.

some say take them to the track...but super cars are not track cars. a $500k aventador (or 458 or GT3 RS or any other super car) will have a hard time and probably loose to a $50k radical rs3 on the track. IMO they are all bred for crossing country on the highway at speed (90-120mph)...and enjoying a twisty road when one is so lucky. sitting in a car with 500+hp doing 60mph on a four lane divided highway...well it just sucks.

street racing bad...a little speed...the germans have made it work for decades, why can't we?

street racing bad...a little speed...the germans have made it work for decades, why can't we?

Because we're surrounded by idiots that lack discipline and have no ability to drive.

Let's not let this get on a bad track to vipers...I had one for 4 years so not all viper owners are like this. The same can be said for any marque

Let's not let this get on a bad track to vipers...I had one for 4 years so not all viper owners are like this. The same can be said for any marque

A lot of viper owners are like this.

Because we're surrounded by idiots that lack discipline and have no ability to drive.

So true. The autobahn works for the most part because people understand something as simple as the passing lane and the cruising lane. In the US, everyone thinks that they should just pace along in whatever lane they want. On the autobahn those same people would be sited for the wrecks when a car is lodged up their ass at 140mph.

So true. The autobahn works for the most part because people understand something as simple as the passing lane and the cruising lane. In the US, everyone thinks that they should just pace along in whatever lane they want. On the autobahn those same people would be sited for the wrecks when a car is lodged up their ass at 140mph.

:iamwithstupid:

way it should be everywhere

Well, just got an interesting IM from a buddy of mine. Turns out we know the guys involved and needless to say this was anything but your average sportscar crash. Those cars were both TT and apparently the guy who crashed lost traction near 120mph and hit the suv. I can only imagine what will come about if/when the police or DA do an investigation and determine how highly modified the car was. It takes near 1k to the tires to be breaking them loose in the triple digit speeds on normal tires.

I don't like to generalize people, and as a previous viper owner I can attest that it's a small percentage of owners that do shit like this.

Those of you in the area I'm sure know what goes on north of that area with a bunch of high HP cars.

Well, just got an interesting IM from a buddy of mine. Turns out we know the guys involved and needless to say this was anything but your average sportscar crash. Those cars were both TT and apparently the guy who crashed lost traction near 120mph and hit the suv. I can only imagine what will come about if/when the police or DA do an investigation and determine how highly modified the car was. It takes near 1k to the tires to be breaking them loose in the triple digit speeds on normal tires.

I don't like to generalize people, and as a previous viper owner I can attest that it's a small percentage of owners that do shit like this.

Those of you in the area I'm sure know what goes on north of that area with a bunch of high HP cars.

Interesting....

I don't think the car that did the crime is what matters, but that the speeds that are alleged did actually occur. A standard or TT Viper does not make this a better or worse crime.

Probably what it will do is bias the DA/jury in a negative fashion. That I can see happening.

Silver Viper dude have a mustache?

:iamwithstupid: Go to Europe and see the vast majority can drive way better than here.