Prototype Countach 5000S

DoctaM3

So went to Columbus to to hang out with Milligan & the C&C crew and retrieve my Aventador. Met up a truly wonderful gear head who is the proud owner of this prototype Countach 5000S. This is the first fuel-injected Lambo, originally an LP500 built in 1982, send back to the factory for updated bodywork, then off the Geneva and Turin as the show car. This ride is pristine will the original paint, original interior in amazing condition.

For those of you who don't know Putsch, he is the creator of the turbine power bat mobile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZSBpFMWk-M

Here is a short video and some pictures of this beast.

b7b2ada.jpg

c1a78f1.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great looking car, very cool.

Is it me or are the rear lights and housing different from a typical Countach.

Yeah you are right. Would be interesting to get more info.

The front bumper is a bit different too. This car got some special treatment from what I've read. Love the color combo! I think there are a few pictures from The Evans Gathering from a few years back on that site as well.

Saw that car up close on the hocking hills drive. Car looks and sounds fantastic. Did he get the issue with it running rich sorted out or is he still killing everyone behind him with the exhaust fumes?

Interesting as I was under the impression that the fi and the bumpers were done stateside by the importer?

:iamwithstupid:

Jasit Raswalla or whatever his name is did it..

Well, apparently the car went back to the factory for new body kits (so this might explain the lights and bumpers) before it became the factory show car. Per Casey, FI was definitely factory performed which is why this was the prototype.

We should def get CP to join now that he is a Lambo owner. I suspect this baby might be up for sale if someone is interested in a true gem.

Well, apparently the car went back to the factory for new body kits (so this might explain the lights and bumpers) before it became the factory show car. Per Casey, FI was definitely factory performed which is why this was the prototype.

We should def get CP to join now that he is a Lambo owner. I suspect this baby might be up for sale if someone is interested in a true gem.

Not for nothing, and not to discredit the owner, but the F/I was installed here in the U.S. by the then importer Jaswit Raswalla (SP). Everything was done in the U.S. including the bumpers to pass emissions. Owner may believe this to be true, or he maybe trying to hype the car up if it is indeed forsale. Before everyone started trying to hop on the Countach bandwagon and attempt to sell for redculous prices, one of these F/I cars was/is one of the least desirable/powerfull of the Countach series.

Not talking the car down as it is inmo a beautiful example, and the color combo is very rare..

I hope it is o.k. to post links to other forums, if not I apologise.

There is a lot of info about the car in this thread though, including some commentary from someone that worked for Jasjim that worked on the car.

http://www.another board.com/vbforum/f4...uestions-21088/

Would be sad if he is looking to flip it. Definitely a car to be shared though.

Dude, I wish we could ditch our cassette decks. Mine is not even hooked up and not original. NO music while I drive.......except the sound of 6 webers....

Not for nothing, and not to discredit the owner, but the F/I was installed here in the U.S. by the then importer Jaswit Raswalla (SP). Everything was done in the U.S. including the bumpers to pass emissions. Owner may believe this to be true, or he maybe trying to hype the car up if it is indeed forsale. Before everyone started trying to hop on the Countach bandwagon and attempt to sell for redculous prices, one of these F/I cars was/is one of the least desirable/powerfull of the Countach series.

Not talking the car down as it is inmo a beautiful example, and the color combo is very rare..

:iamwithstupid: Yep, as far as I know Jas Rarewala was the Lamborghini registered federalizing shop here in the united states.

Although I have heard that a few other unauthorized shops sprung up.

Sometimes these shops got it wrong and a few cars started on fire. :shock:

http://www.sportscars.tv/Newfiles/jalpa.html

That the "federalizing" work is being done in California, not in Italy, reveals another aspect of Lamborghini. It is a company

struggling to stay alive, having come through several changes of

ownership after its financial collapse some years ago, and does not have the usual resources for dealingwith such matters; So it entrusted Jas Rarewala-formerly with ACI, a firm converting European cars to legal American specifications-with this job as well as the distribution of its cars here. Rarewala, the president, now devotes full time to Lamborghini of North America and Thomas is its managing director.

:iamwithstupid: Yep, as far as I know Jas Rarewala was the Lamborghini registered federalizing shop here in the united states.

Although I have heard that a few other unauthorized shops sprung up.

Sometimes these shops got it wrong and a few cars started on fire. :shock:

I share the same type of plenum and bumpers, that is cool. Maybe there were more FI with the unmarked plenum. I have the rear bumper as well, I just took it of :P all the work of Rarewala?

I'm not sure I would call it a prototype.