Took Delivery of my UGR 458 Twin Turbo

DesmoRR

Hey guys, thought I would give everyone an update. I purchased the UGR white 458 from Kevin and the boys. He really didn't want to sell it, but I managed to persuade him

Anyways I wanted to let you all know how it really is as not much has been written about it or seen of it other than the main UGR video.

My God its incredible!!! It is absolutely amazing. First, the 458 is SOOO much better than the 430, Scuderia, or any Ferrari 8 cylinder before it in my opinion. The turbos however turn it into everything it should be. The sound of the car with the UGR built exhaust is incredible, and to hear the whine of the turbos makes it that much better. I can tell you that if you were to own a 458, and you spent the 59k on this kit, you wont think about the money whatsoever, it wont even begin to cross your mind. It will transform your car into something incredible. I always loved the work Kevin and the UGR guys did, I had a Superleggera TT, but the 458 is way better. The noise is pure Ferrari sound, added with a hint of Turbo whine :) Perfection!!!

The driveability is easily as good as stock, it doesn't miss a beat. From the line driving normally it doesn't hick-up or do anything that some modded cars do. It drives away just like stock, no worries there. The power is very smooth, and when it comes on its just incredible. The Gallardos are great, but trust me as for a daily driving beast, this is the car, and trust me I will daily drive it in the summertime! I have driven it constantly for the past 2 days, albeit in 25 degree temps, the car has absolutely been incredible. My girlfriend who normally knows nothing about cars was shocked at how smooth this car drives. It really does, its incredible.

I would suggest all 458 owners give yourself a little Christmas present and get this done. Trust me, you wont regret it!

2010_458_Exterior_1.jpg

2010_458_Interior_1.jpg

Now if you would just fing drop it off for me to test it out.......... :icon_mrgreen: I never even got to try the Cobalt R8 GT out...........

Car makes 700 WHP or just above that. Thats about perfect for a 2WD car thats as light an nimble as this. The gallardo could handle more due to 4WD, I know Kevin is working on a built engine version of this, and trust me when its done he will get this one back!

For the engine management, did they use the factory engine management system? Or is it running a second set of injectors run by a stand alone engine management system?

For the engine management, did they use the factory engine management system? Or is it running a second set of injectors run by a stand alone engine management system?

It is running on motec boost by gear. So thats part of the reason its so smooth. With this car you wouldnt want 700 hp in first gear, but it builds with the higher gears!

Congrats on the car, I'm sure you are going to love it.

I've been driving my Heffner 458 TT for about a month now and the car is just phenomenal. The car has retained all of its stock characteristics of smoothness and responsiveness, just with more power. The power delivery makes it feel like a large displacement N/A engine. Incredible. I will post some more driving impressions once I get some more miles on it.

Best car on the road + a TT system! Can it get any better? I doubt it! Congrats. :icon_thumleft:

if it was a 458 spider? hehe

congrats on the car, DesmoRR!

Congrats on the car, I'm sure you are going to love it.

I've been driving my Heffner 458 TT for about a month now and the car is just phenomenal. The car has retained all of its stock characteristics of smoothness and responsiveness, just with more power. The power delivery makes it feel like a large displacement N/A engine. Incredible. I will post some more driving impressions once I get some more miles on it.

Sorry I missed seeing it this last weekend..hear you boys were testing fla Highway

patrol.....Ha!

Enjoyed meeting a couple of other speed freaks!

I agree. The car is sick. This is my video of it just after it got tuned. Super smooth shift (not sure i like that--i want my neck broken) but make no doubt about it, this think is FAST!!!!

Madness

It is running on motec boost by gear. So thats part of the reason its so smooth. With this car you wouldnt want 700 hp in first gear, but it builds with the higher gears!

Yeah, but the Motec engine management system isn't capable of running a direct fuel injection setup.

So they are running a secondary fuel system.