"The Dark Knight Rises" Contains Spoilers!

WheelsRCool

LINK - Catwoman is in it, I've also heard Raz Al-Ghul's daughter is in it too, though I don't know how true that is. This film takes place eight years after "The Dark Knight." I can't wait! I had always thought to myself when younger that they should do a "realistic-seeming" Batman as opposed to the ridiculous Hollywood versions they were putting out (culiminating with Clooney's Batman film), and that's what Christopher Nolan did. This one looks to be very awesome I think.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's going to be the 99% vs. the 1% in this film. I look forward to hippies being crushed.

On a side note, this film looks good.

I hadn't caught that, but after some additional reading, you are right, the Occupy Wall Street themes are prevalent in the film (which I suppose would make sense, as Gotham City is supposed to be a major economic wreck already and Nolan likes to have the Batman films explore current themes and questions). However, I can't quite tell if it positively views the OWS views, or if it is negatively portraying the movment (as Catwoman saying to Bruce Wayne about "living large and leaving so little for the rest of us" is clearly not one of the good guys it seems).

Also not sure I follow the OWS reference. There is a breakout from Arkam asylum and there is a fight on the court room steps, now I know the OWS lot are a bit mental but...

Am I the only one who thinks these films are terribly over-rated?

I really like the look and feel Nolan gives his films, I could sit and watch the prestige over and over again if it wasn't for Bale's accent.

I do think these are well done and probably the best comic book (it is not a graphic novel) adaptions and so people do overfawn these.

Yes I am really excited to see this, yes I think there are elements that going to look naff like the batwing.

I hadn't caught that, but after some additional reading, you are right, the Occupy Wall Street themes are prevalent in the film (which I suppose would make sense, as Gotham City is supposed to be a major economic wreck already and Nolan likes to have the Batman films explore current themes and questions). However, I can't quite tell if it positively views the OWS views, or if it is negatively portraying the movment (as Catwoman saying to Bruce Wayne about "living large and leaving so little for the rest of us" is clearly not one of the good guys it seems).

I think Nolan is smart enough to not make BLATANT direct correlations to the OWS people. They spend money just like anyone else, especially on movies and entertainment! :lol2: There is no need to turn-away a portion of the public. I think he'll just use the feeling to bring cultural relevance to the screen. It will make it slightly more relateable but on a hyperbole level.

I enjoy the grittyness these films have, but seeing the whole football field disappear looks a little cheesy. They blew up a parking structure in the second one, i hate to see good cinema watered down with CGI.

Oh well, they already have my ten bucks. I'll go see it.

I really like the look and feel Nolan gives his films, I could sit and watch the prestige over and over again if it wasn't for Bale's accent.

Yes, Prestige was an awesome movie! Could watch it again and again!

But..

..imho yes, they really are held up a bit too high.

Also not sure I follow the OWS reference. There is a breakout from Arkam asylum and there is a fight on the court room steps, now I know the OWS lot are a bit mental but...

Nolan purposely filmed some of the movie near an Occupy Wall Street crowd, so he is incorporating them in some how I think.

I am the same way about the "Lord of the Rings" films, I think those are some of the most over-rated pieces of crap. I didn't care a whole lot for "The Prestige" although I thought it was overall a quality film, and I have yet to see "Inception." I do love the look and feel Nolan gives to the Batman films though.

I like films that try to portray things in a realistic manner to the degree that you can for a Hollywood film, for example "Gladiator" in how it portrayed ancient Rome (though that film they still limited some things as they reasoned portraying Rome 100% as it was would've involved some things very shocking to modern audiences), "Avatar" (stupid plot but in terms of the portrayal of things, very realistic), the recent James Bond movies with Daniel Craig, and the Nolan Batman films.

I enjoy the grittyness these films have, but seeing the whole football field disappear looks a little cheesy. They blew up a parking structure in the second one, i hate to see good cinema watered down with CGI.

Was thinking that myself, the football seen looks a little cheesy.