Which new suv?

ShawnWalters

Ok, I think I've narrowed it down to these three:

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Artic

Definitely feels like a fun car and you can remove the entire top or just make it a t-top. But is it too "rough" for daily use?

jeep.jpg

2012 Toyota 4Runner Limited

I like the looks of the outside, but it has just an ok interior and doesn't drive great on the roads. Reliability is great though.

4runner.jpg

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (pictured is a limited, and I would prob get black or white)

Seems more like a luxury SUV. Super smooth ride and lots of lux inside. But not 100% sure I like the exterior.

cherokee.jpg

I'll probably keep the car for no more than 2 years...knowing my history.

Thoughts??

Wranglers look cool but I used to drive my twin sister's and I hated driving that on the Interstate since it was so boxy. In windy weather, you could definitely feel it.

The Wrangler Arctic is just a rebadged Sahara. There's a premium for the orange stitching and white accents. I enjoyed our Sahara however it's got no class. The Pentastar engine power bump was long overdue. Our 2009 had no balls. The 4WD chatters around corners in low gear.

Toyota... no interest in anything Toyota so no comment.

Also owned a previous gen Overland. Feature for feature the new Grand Cherokees are the best value out there IMO. I ended up buying my wife a RR Sport instead simply because of the brand but I will admit the Overland had better swag and I like the styling better too.

Isn't the 4Runner a crapton more expensive than the other two you posted as well? If you're getting rid of it in two years...the Toyota will hold out the most if resale matters...otherwise I'd say the Cherokee might be the best...best of both worlds kind of deal.

Thanks all so far. The toyota optioned out is $47, gc is $45, and jeep is $42. The jeep is fun but is prob a bad choice for a daily driver.

The evoque...i love it! Drives more like a sports car with offroading ability. And great gas mileage. I just drove it...but im just not sure its gonna have enough cargo space...gotta see if my dog fits lol. And its also more $$ at $55k

Guess its leaning towards the grand cherokee unless the evoque ends up large enough.

Wild horses couldn't drag me into buying the Jeep. The Toyota will be good for the resale, but not for anything else in my opinion. I would buy the new GC in minute based on the options you have mentioned.

Thanks all so far. The toyota optioned out is $47, gc is $45, and jeep is $42. The jeep is fun but is prob a bad choice for a daily driver.

The evoque...i love it! Drives more like a sports car with offroading ability. And great gas mileage. I just drove it...but im just not sure its gonna have enough cargo space...gotta see if my dog fits lol. And its also more $$ at $55k

Guess its leaning towards the grand cherokee unless the evoque ends up large enough.

Correct opinions all the way around, was just going to type the same up.

The Evoque is fantastic, have one order for the wife, but it's a woman's car in my opinion. Too small and cute for a male owner, especially when a slightly used RR Sport is available at nearly the same price.

Can't miss with the Grand Cherokee LTD, it's a MUCH better car than people realize, rode in one last month and was shocked by how civil/luxed out it was.

My Aunt and Uncle bought a GC last year. They have the trim is that is just below the Overland although they did look strongly at that trim. They absolutely love it and I have to admit I am quite impressed with it as well. It certainly has some decent off road chops and I like the way they look.

Given the 3 choices you listed I would be looking hard at the GC. That being said my wife has an MDX with the Tech and Entertainment packages that we love. Short of trail use it handles everything that the roads and mother nature can dish out. I also LOVE the Evoque but I understand that may be out of the price range you are looking at.

All new suv have good exterior/interior and I think it looks smooth but, I have to choose the last picture(2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland). I think its the best for any event and to travel with your family.

love our Wrangler not a bad daily driver, gets about 20 mp/g on the freeway, i do love having the top off