Bellagio Motors... Out of Biz or Not? WTF

Mattroberts123

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best way to make a deposit is by credit card, hope it gets sorted out good luck and keep us posted.

110% correct...ALWAYS pay a Dealer a deposit on credit card. BECAUSE by Fedetral Law the credit card transaction funds go into a seperate trust holding account that is protected. If you do not end up recieveing the goods AND EVEN if the company fled with the trust funds (very hard to do) the credit card company by law is on the hook for the funds re-imbirsed to you. I ONLY allow creidt card deposits, just such a better piece of mind for both sides involved.

If you do buy a car, even if it is not from me, any member is MORE THEN welcome to contact me free of charge and I am happy to review your purchase, private or from a Dealer and give you some buying protection tips. After all for me it's about the fun of getting your car, can always make money later.

Roy Cats

What on earth. This is crazy.

Has the guy skipped town?

Now I understand how and why he was getting death threats. Sounds like a major disaster.

Where could the money be going? I never understand when people pull this kind of shit. Do they think that they will then be successful in future business ventures and their reputation won't follow?

Roy, do you have any contacts or people you recommend dealing with? Being out of state, we are a little unsure what do to, aside from hopping a plane and knocking on Farhad's front door.

What on earth. This is crazy.

Has the guy skipped town?

Now I understand how and why he was getting death threats. Sounds like a major disaster.

Where could the money be going? I never understand when people pull this kind of shit. Do they think that they will then be successful in future business ventures and their reputation won't follow?

Roy, do you have any contacts or people you recommend dealing with? Being out of state, we are a little unsure what do to, aside from hopping a plane and knocking on Farhad's front door.

I dont know the princaple person here involved, nor did I ever Deal witht heir Dealership, as from the get go, quite a few of their cars were bank repos they were selling for the bank, like a consigment deal..never been to keen on those kind of sales. So I cant speak for the owner or about him, just dont know. I can tell you that your wasting money on a plane trip, all assests are now with the US Goverment..and the likely hood of seeing ALL your funds back...probably not going to happen once all the costs for the case are eaten up and the reamins divided equally among the people with losses.

I dont know the princaple person here involved, nor did I ever Deal witht heir Dealership, as from the get go, quite a few of their cars were bank repos they were selling for the bank, like a consigment deal..never been to keen on those kind of sales. So I cant speak for the owner or about him, just dont know. I can tell you that your wasting money on a plane trip, all assests are now with the US Goverment..and the likely hood of seeing ALL your funds back...probably not going to happen once all the costs for the case are eaten up and the reamins divided equally among the people with losses.

that really sucks, honest people's money gone. :shock:

Here is a previous court case involving Mr. Ebadat:

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/circuit-courts/ca2/10-269/

You don't know the players on that one Mike, but I will tell you that the Plantiff in that case was suing everyone and their momma. He was/is a broker out of Jacksonville, FL that was going around putting deposits on cars and trying to flip them. When he didn't get the car, or the dealer found out he was flipping, he sued the dealer for lost profit he was assuming he would make. I dealt with the guy on several occasions many moons ago and always found there to be a lot of hair on the deals.

That said, I am sure that there are plenty of cases involving them with hair all over them. I wish the OP the best of luck getting his money back, but I doubt he will see dime one. I am curious what the "substantial deposit" was...

I'll relate my experience. In the end it worked out for me, but wasn't 100% as you'll read.

Long detailed story:

(Unrelated story part)

I had my Murci and it was coming near the year ownership time so I would have needed to put around 10k-15k into the car for service, tune, cosmetics, renewal, insurance, etc. The exhaust on it needed to be changed. A manual superleggera popped onto the market. I wanted to buy it but the trade in value the we're giving me was 30k below retail which was a loss I wouldn't personally tolerate. I decided to sell privately. I listed the car myself and actually got close to selling it, but after that fell through I had decided to think about consignment. I called Cats and for some reason they didn't follow up about the consignment. Roy referred me to Kevin, Kevin while friendly didn't send me the consignment contract he said he would. I had also talked to Ken who has the space at the Palazzo in Vegas where Lambo lv was. He's offered to transport my car there on his dime to consign. I didn't want my car that far from me.

(relevant story,still long and detailed.)

Lee from Bellagio called me. He offered to consign for a reasonable rate and also offered to buy the car at a set price if it didn't sell. Recently before, LP member hreu had posted about his excellent dealings with Bellagio. I decided to go with them. They sent a truck to pick up my car (on their dime). The transporter was very knowledgeable about murci's. I didn't have time to go to costa Mesa so everything was over the phone. The only glitch was the contract didn't have the buy clause. I called and Lee said that wasnt the official offer. The payout they were going to give me in the consignment was high so I thought maybe they had an overseas buyer. The car went to Bellagio. Lee was always courteous whenever I called. I later decided myself to reduce my payout from then so they could lower their price and get the car sold. Again I initiated the price drop. At the time they wanted to renew the 90 day contract with the change. I was hesitant but finally said okay. After 90 days I was ready to take my car back and decide what to do. Fred then offered to buy the car at a very reasonable price if I signed another 90 day contract. I decided it was worth the non hassle factor even if it took 3 more months. The whole time all contact with Bellagio had been cordial and friendly.

(the rest) The car still was sitting. One day they called me and asked if I could send the title to them because they were going to try to sell at auction. I was nervous but at this point I figured if the car sold I'd get my money sooner so I sent it FedEx (on their dime). The car didn't bring an adequate sum. Finally one day I noticed my car on Eurocar oc's site. It had been detailed and some of the mods removed. The car then sold in 2 weeks from there. My contract said I would get the money 5 days from sale so I should have already received my money. I waited and finally the 90 days ran out. I called Bellagio and asked for the money. Fred called me and asked to give him 2 weeks to get the funds together. I was nervous but I told him, fine, not a day more. In 2 weeks he sent a check via FedEx and asked me to wait 4 days then deposit it. It bounced sky high. Fred did call me after I received it and told me it would bounce. Now I was scared. I told Fred if I didn't get my money the next day I'd be there with my attorney at his place. He apologized and said he'd send a wire the next morning. Nothing the next day. I called again and he said he sent it but my bank said there was no wire. The next day the wire for the full amount plus fees from the bounced check came through.

In the end it was a successful transaction but obviously some nervous times. I'm lucky that I owned the car outright with money I didn't 'need' otherwise it would have been really scary.

I'll relate my experience. In the end it worked out for me, but wasn't 100% as you'll read.

Long detailed story:

Oooooffff...You must have ALOT more patience than me!! I would have gone ape shit.

Long detailed story:

(Unrelated story part)

I had my Murci and it was coming near the year ownership time so I would have needed to put around 10k-15k into the car for service, tune, cosmetics, renewal, insurance, etc. The exhaust on it needed to be changed. A manual superleggera popped onto the market. I wanted to buy it but the trade in value the we're giving me was 30k below retail which was a loss I wouldn't personally tolerate. I decided to sell privately. I listed the car myself and actually got close to selling it, but after that fell through I had decided to think about consignment. I called Cats and for some reason they didn't follow up about the consignment. Roy referred me to Kevin, Kevin while friendly didn't send me the consignment contract he said he would. I had also talked to Ken who has the space at the Palazzo in Vegas where Lambo lv was. He's offered to transport my car there on his dime to consign. I didn't want my car that far from me.

(relevant story,still long and detailed.)

Lee from Bellagio called me. He offered to consign for a reasonable rate and also offered to buy the car at a set price if it didn't sell. Recently before, LP member hreu had posted about his excellent dealings with Bellagio. I decided to go with them. They sent a truck to pick up my car (on their dime). The transporter was very knowledgeable about murci's. I didn't have time to go to costa Mesa so everything was over the phone. The only glitch was the contract didn't have the buy clause. I called and Lee said that wasnt the official offer. The payout they were going to give me in the consignment was high so I thought maybe they had an overseas buyer. The car went to Bellagio. Lee was always courteous whenever I called. I later decided myself to reduce my payout from then so they could lower their price and get the car sold. Again I initiated the price drop. At the time they wanted to renew the 90 day contract with the change. I was hesitant but finally said okay. After 90 days I was ready to take my car back and decide what to do. Fred then offered to buy the car at a very reasonable price if I signed another 90 day contract. I decided it was worth the non hassle factor even if it took 3 more months. The whole time all contact with Bellagio had been cordial and friendly.

(the rest) The car still was sitting. One day they called me and asked if I could send the title to them because they were going to try to sell at auction. I was nervous but at this point I figured if the car sold I'd get my money sooner so I sent it FedEx (on their dime). The car didn't bring an adequate sum. Finally one day I noticed my car on Eurocar oc's site. It had been detailed and some of the mods removed. The car then sold in 2 weeks from there. My contract said I would get the money 5 days from sale so I should have already received my money. I waited and finally the 90 days ran out. I called Bellagio and asked for the money. Fred called me and asked to give him 2 weeks to get the funds together. I was nervous but I told him, fine, not a day more. In 2 weeks he sent a check via FedEx and asked me to wait 4 days then deposit it. It bounced sky high. Fred did call me after I received it and told me it would bounce. Now I was scared. I told Fred if I didn't get my money the next day I'd be there with my attorney at his place. He apologized and said he'd send a wire the next morning. Nothing the next day. I called again and he said he sent it but my bank said there was no wire. The next day the wire for the full amount plus fees from the bounced check came through.

In the end it was a successful transaction but obviously some nervous times. I'm lucky that I owned the car outright with money I didn't 'need' otherwise it would have been really scary.

You are one lucky mofo my friend. You are one crazy ass ninja!

You don't know the players on that one Mike, but I will tell you that the Plantiff in that case was suing everyone and their momma. He was/is a broker out of Jacksonville, FL that was going around putting deposits on cars and trying to flip them. When he didn't get the car, or the dealer found out he was flipping, he sued the dealer for lost profit he was assuming he would make. I dealt with the guy on several occasions many moons ago and always found there to be a lot of hair on the deals.

That said, I am sure that there are plenty of cases involving them with hair all over them. I wish the OP the best of luck getting his money back, but I doubt he will see dime one. I am curious what the "substantial deposit" was...

People get sued all the time. That was one of the things that came up in a quick search.

People get sued all the time. That was one of the things that came up in a quick search.

No, I understand that. Do this, google search possibly mentally unhinged individual that likes to flip cars real quick and see what comes up. Pages.

While we are at telling our experiences I have 1 with them which was postive. I had my S550 Benz on consignment with them as well, it took longer than I thought in selling myself so Lee called me and offered to sell my car for me at a agreed price. I said ok because people seem to trust dealers more than private party sales so I figure it would sell faster, the eventual sale took long also 4 months to be exact; that is long for my impatients I guess. After they notified me they had a buyer and it was paid I would send the title to them, after 2 weeks for the deal with the new buyer to close (which was long for a purchase) I recieved my funds and was cleared by the bank and had the title sent to Fred, there was a small problem with the DMV to re issue a new title but Fred had it cleared up, which at that point was no concern to me since I got paid, in the end it was a legit transaction to all parties.

I probably shouldn't quote exact numbers at this point, but the deposit made on the car was nearly 25% of agreed purchase price.

If it were a small 2k deposit, we would say F it and move on... this is MUCH more serious

I should also note that now that we have actually found the true owner of the consigned car, they have indicated that they never were made aware of any deal on the car, nor did they agree to ANY price as low as Bellagio agreed to sell the car for, ESPECIALLY when you consider the assumed commissions that Bellagio would take out of the final sales price.

We were also 'waiting for a title from CA', at which point we would send the rest of payment... come to find out that the car is supposedly owned outright and the owner has title in hand....

????

I have to admit, I do agree. I wish I would have been consulted on that part and I would have prevented that.

It was going to be his first exotic and he was just excited. He had no reason to expect the deal to not be legitimate. I also think he wanted to do everything as best he could in good faith from his side.

That being said, clearly, lesson learned... but I really hope for him that this can get handled and the money will be returned.

I also think the lesson we have all learned here too, is to be VERY careful and not necesarily whole-heartedly trust someone because they are a dealer.

On a side note, and not to distract from the info we are sharing in regards to this Bellagio disaster... what exactly is the safest and best protocol for a car transaction.

I typically have always sent in a large payment, if not full payment, at which point I am told that the car is 'in transit'. Again, that part could be a total lie by any selling dealer.

For the people that pay cash and don't necessarily deal with a bank, this is just a reason to better educate yourselves and watch your arse.

I've always assumed I am dealing with a higher caliber of person when it comes to exotics, but increasingly, that isn't the case. :(

I got fucked over on an SL55 from another dealer.

I had leased it and wanted to move it. Unfortunately the dealer - who I had used many times before - sold the car but kept the $125,000 and didn't pay off the note. Someone else had paid for my car and was driving it, but each month lease payments kept coming out of my account and the leasing company wouldn't let me off the hook.

After screwing around with multiple visits and phone calls, unanswered emails, involving two attorneys and the commercial crimes division of the police, I had still gotten nowhere. We had frozen a bunch of accounts but everything was in his wife's name.

fcuk that. I sent over my buddy who had played pro ball and now was a detective. He went after hours and explained everything to the dealer in a way he could understand. The next day after the dealer got discharged from the hospital, lo and behold the money started returning to the leasing company in small lump sums. Within two months they had been fully paid off and I was discharged.

I had leased it and wanted to move it. Unfortunately the dealer - who I had used many times before - sold the car but kept the $125,000 and didn't pay off the note. Someone else had paid for my car and was driving it, but each month lease payments kept coming out of my account and the leasing company wouldn't let me off the hook.

After screwing around with multiple visits and phone calls, unanswered emails, involving two attorneys and the commercial crimes division of the police, I had still gotten nowhere. We had frozen a bunch of accounts but everything was in his wife's name.

fcuk that. I sent over my buddy who had played pro ball and now was a detective. He went after hours and explained everything to the dealer in a way he could understand. The next day after the dealer got discharged from the hospital, lo and behold the money started returning to the leasing company in small lump sums. Within two months they had been fully paid off and I was discharged.

Street justice FTW!!!

On a side note, and not to distract from the info we are sharing in regards to this Bellagio disaster... what exactly is the safest and best protocol for a car transaction.

I typically have always sent in a large payment, if not full payment, at which point I am told that the car is 'in transit'. Again, that part could be a total lie by any selling dealer.

For the people that pay cash and don't necessarily deal with a bank, this is just a reason to better educate yourselves and watch your arse.

I've always assumed I am dealing with a higher caliber of person when it comes to exotics, but increasingly, that isn't the case. :(

Here is how you do it...

1) Sign a bill of sale, with your signature and dealers signature, with agreed upon price and all negotiations listed in comments section (i.e. car cover, extra keys, shipping included et al)

2) Put 1k deposit to hold the car on your Amex card

3) PPI

4) Do check for title swap with an intermediary or in person(read escrow) (local branches of banks are good for this)

5) Have transporter ready when swap is done

6) get your car and enjoy it in good health

:icon_super:

Here is how you do it...

1) Sign a bill of sale, with your signature and dealers signature, with agreed upon price and all negotiations listed in comments section (i.e. car cover, extra keys, shipping included et al)

2) Put 1k deposit to hold the car on your Amex card

3) PPI

4) Do check for title swap with an intermediary or in person(read escrow) (local branches of banks are good for this)

5) Have transporter ready when swap is done

6) get your car and enjoy it in good health

My buddy did all of this except a MUCH larger deposit and item #4.

Clearly, number 6 didnt and isnt happening.