Bellagio Motors... Out of Biz or Not? WTF

Mattroberts123

Assman, you have no idea how close you were to getting totally fucked!

Very true. That sentence does crack me up though :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but not only do you get to do the deal in person, but you also get to see the car first hand, test drive it, and be exactly sure about it before you buy it. Can do it in less than a day, or make a short weekend vacation out of it if it's somewhere nice. I'd buy new from an authorized dealer unseen, but there is no way in hell I'd buy a used car based solely on pictures. In most cases it's probably fine, but you only gotta get burned once.

Imagine the hassle of having to return a car because you found something wrong or that you felt was misrepresented. Heck of a lot more than a day and a $300 plane ticket...

Brian in a perfect world that would happen. I'd love for that to happen. The problem isn't the 300 dollars for a plane ticket, it's taking time off. I don't have the luxury to miss 3 days of work/time away from my family etc. If it were that easy everyone would do it.

I undertand your feelings on doing it in person. Just hasn't been worth the hassle and I always felt up until now that these people were all reputable.

I have bought my last two exotics sight unseen... of course, my buddy gets nailed on his FIRST. :(

Used car dealers reputable? You must be kidding.....

Brian in a perfect world that would happen. I'd love for that to happen. The problem isn't the 300 dollars for a plane ticket, it's taking time off. I don't have the luxury to miss 3 days of work/time away from my family etc. If it were that easy everyone would do it.

You don't think its worth a sick day or a day away from your family to potentially save tens of thousands of dollars?

You don't think its worth a sick day or a day away from your family to potentially save tens of thousands of dollars?

I get your point, but for many members on here, a day away from the office would cost them that much or more.

On that note, I agree that there's something to be said for dealing in person, whether you do it yourself, or have (pay) someone to act on your behalf. That can't always be the answer either, as Porter's and Abolfoz' stories illustrated.

I get your point, but for many members on here, a day away from the office would cost them that much or more.

On that note, I agree that there's something to be said for dealing in person, whether you do it yourself, or have (pay) someone to act on your behalf. That can't always be the answer either, as Porter's and Abolfoz' stories illustrated.

Dude, if you're making 10's of thousands per day, give your friend or assistant or wife's brother's sister in law a few thousand to do it for you. Sorry, but there are no excuses for this imo. Who really can't take off a Saturday?

One day off I could spare, but anywhere that requires a flight would almost be a minimum of 3 days. Fly out day, business day, fly back day. You also need to leave wiggle room for unforeseen problems. Sure you could fly out after work and fly back at the end of the business day, but if the further the distance the harder to do. For instance if I bought a car in Miami that's a 5 hour flight and 4 hour time change. Logistics of doing that would be painful. I'm self employed so missing 3 work days would be an expensive proposition. Best case scenario obviously is to buy local and being in So Cal that's more likely a possibility, but unfortunately buying a used Lamborghini that fits as many of a person's requirements as possible usually requires distance travel.

Edit: I saw your argument above, but Saturdays don't often work because one big part of the deal is money transfer. Banks often don't do wire transfers etc on Saturdays. Too many roadblocks to doing business on a Saturday.

I have bought a lot of cars sight unseen. Most of the time it works out fine, but its a big risk. It's a really good idea to see the car and do the exchange in person.

:iamwithstupid: typically if your dealing with a reputable dealer that has been around a long, long time you should be ok 99% of the time.

good luck with everything, i hope it works out.

Just got more news confirmed.

A guy had his 599 there on consignment. Bellagio supposedly sold the car. Bellagio requested clear title from the owner. Owner sent clear title to Bellagio.

Owner got NO money. Owner is out approx 160k.

Farhad is out of control and needs to be STOPPED.

Just got more news confirmed.

A guy had his 599 there on consignment. Bellagio supposedly sold the car. Bellagio requested clear title from the owner. Owner sent clear title to Bellagio.

Owner got NO money. Owner is out approx 160k.

Farhad is out of control and needs to be STOPPED.

Are the authorities officially involved yet?

If you are trying to make this guy's life hell, here are some creative ways to get his attention:

Go to the magazine section of Barnes and Noble. Sign him up for everything you can get your hands on.

Order pizza to his house every day.

Call up your local news station, tell him that Farhad at 123 Main St just won 300 million dollars.

Make a bunch of craigslist posts with "free" items... his address.

Collect a list of all the local businesses who offer "in home" services... doctors, lawyers, repair men, painters, electricians... start setting up appointments for him.

Put his phone number on craigslist... personals section... use your imagination.

Get busy.

If you are trying to make this guy's life hell, here are some creative ways to get his attention:

st... personals section... use your imagination.

Get busy.

I think this is beyond 12 year old kid pranks.

In cases like this, it would seem safer if the banks (lien holders) would be involved, title in hand sounds more risky for the seller. I fell bad for the 599 owner and the others.

After about a year all the charges against him were dropped and the guy went ahead and opened up another dealership literally across the street from where his old one was.

Interesting! In my case same thing - one year later the guy opened up half a block down and started scamming again. It took three years before he was charged with 16 counts of fraud.

Knowing our shitastic legal system he probably got off, a free Bentley, and a handjob from Jessica Alba for his efforts.

Used car dealers reputable? You must be kidding.....

+1

This is sickening,it is a shame that you can not get away with just shoting the asshole!!!!!!!!

But that wouldn't get you your money back, would it?

+1

But that wouldn't get you your money back, would it?

LOL I take offense to that, there are some very reputiable

Dealers out there, and some not so good. I can say I am

AZMAZED that anyone would give up their title (a blank check)

without being paid first! Never do this guys! A good solid Dealer

PAYS you prior to asking for your title! AND NO DECENT DEALER

needs your title if your car is on consignment, at MOST a

copy to prove owner ship with no liens.

AND taking someone else's life if NEVER EVER worth more

then a piece of material that CAN be replaced.

LOL I take offense to that, there are some very reputiable

Dealers out there, and some not so good. I can say I am

AZMAZED that anyone would give up their title (a blank check)

without being paid first! Never do this guys! A good solid Dealer

PAYS you prior to asking for your title! AND NO DECENT DEALER

needs your title if your car is on consignment, at MOST a

copy to prove owner ship with no liens.

AND taking someone else's life if NEVER EVER worth more

then a piece of material that CAN be replaced.

I meant no offense, I have never dealt with you Roy, sorry if you took it that way..

I am simpy saying that 99.99999% are somwhat shady/slick, all sales people are so no big deal, as long as you know this fact you should be fine :icon_thumleft:

I wonder what it would take for AMEX to allow me to pay in full wtih my card for safety.

Other issue is that everyone always wants to recoup the damn 3% or whatever.

Biggest item I have charged on my Black Card was a 6 figure watch. Asked a couple times when buying a car and a big "no way".