Bellagio Motors... Out of Biz or Not? WTF

Mattroberts123

That is one thing I find most interesting when reading these stories where people/dealers try to rip off guys for tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars, that they were spending on essentially toys.

Do these people not think that hey, this guy with 6 figures of disposable income might just have his own ideas on how to get his money back? He might know a couple big guys some some very interesting collection/persuasion methods?

To quote a great movie I'm gonna call a couple of hard, pipe-hitting n***** to go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. :tyson:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got fucked over on an SL55 from another dealer.

I had leased it and wanted to move it. Unfortunately the dealer - who I had used many times before - sold the car but kept the $125,000 and didn't pay off the note. Someone else had paid for my car and was driving it, but each month lease payments kept coming out of my account and the leasing company wouldn't let me off the hook.

After screwing around with multiple visits and phone calls, unanswered emails, involving two attorneys and the commercial crimes division of the police, I had still gotten nowhere. We had frozen a bunch of accounts but everything was in his wife's name.

fcuk that. I sent over my buddy who had played pro ball and now was a detective. He went after hours and explained everything to the dealer in a way he could understand. The next day after the dealer got discharged from the hospital, lo and behold the money started returning to the leasing company in small lump sums. Within two months they had been fully paid off and I was discharged.

I am ALL for this. I figure that if some of these stories of shit are true, that old Farhad may have a lot of visitors calling on him soon. I have been able to find 2 residences linked to him. I have also found his family. The internet can be a very bad place to be if you have enemies. Awful hard to hide.

That is one thing I find most interesting when reading these stories where people/dealers try to rip off guys for tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars, that they were spending on essentially toys.

Do these people not think that hey, this guy with 6 figures of disposable income might just have his own ideas on how to get his money back? He might know a couple big guys some some very interesting collection/persuasion methods?

To quote a great movie I'm gonna call a couple of hard, pipe-hitting n***** to go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. :tyson:

Agreed. There are lots of theses types in LA and surrounding areas. I've had bad issues from just being too drunk at a bar... I can't imagine the fear I would have if I knew that some hard, pipe-hitting n***** to go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. were looking for myself or more importantly my family.

My buddy did all of this except a MUCH larger deposit and item #4.

Clearly, number 6 didnt and isnt happening.

Then he unfortunately messed up on the two most important. Knew I should have highlighted them. He obviously also skipped using the credit card. Best of luck, you are going to need it.

Then he unfortunately messed up on the two most important. Knew I should have highlighted them. He obviously also skipped using the credit card. Best of luck, you are going to need it.

I wonder what it would take for AMEX to allow me to pay in full wtih my card for safety.

Other issue is that everyone always wants to recoup the damn 3% or whatever.

I wonder what it would take for AMEX to allow me to pay in full wtih my card for safety.

Your limit is your only enemy, or the dealer has a cap on CC deposits. The lowest Ive ever heard of was $5000, but even then you can get them to double it.

Amex is closer to 5%.

Also look at it from the dealers point of view, would you sell a multi-hundred thousand dollar item and risk eating a chargeback for w/e reason?

I know guys who have tried to buy cars with their black card and have yet to see a dealer agree to it.

I am ALL for this. I figure that if some of these stories of shit are true, that old Farhad may have a lot of visitors calling on him soon. I have been able to find 2 residences linked to him. I have also found his family. The internet can be a very bad place to be if you have enemies. Awful hard to hide.

Choose your words more wisely...

Actually, legally, no one can cap what you pay or how you do it. If you look at the user agreement that comes with the terminal, they cannot cap what you put on a card. They can choose to not sell you the car, but they cannot limit your purchase if you pushed the issue.

As for Amex being 5%, that is not correct either. The maximum interchange rate allowed by law is about 3.5% give or take. One of the most highly regulated businesses in the country. Problem with Amex is, as part of their terms of use, a merchant is REQUIRED to take back anything that is purchased with Amex as the instrument, in the first thirty days. That is why it's use is discouraged so heavily at dealership and store levels. They also charge the maximum allowable interchange rate to every merchant I believe.

Ok, well farhads lawyer appears to basically know nothing and supposedly cannot get into contact with Farhad.

FBI is unaware of anything in regards to the deal. Local law enforcement is supposedly involved because of the guy making some complaint about his personal security or something ( gee, imagine that. Steal a bunch of money and not feel safe)

Wish I could find these other guys that supposedly have bought or paid into the dealership but haven't received the cars or title.

Anyone have any further contacts they might be able to offer?

Ok, well farhads lawyer appears to basically know nothing and supposedly cannot get into contact with Farhad.

FBI is unaware of anything in regards to the deal. Local law enforcement is supposedly involved because of the guy making some complaint about his personal security or something ( gee, imagine that. Steal a bunch of money and not feel safe)

Wish I could find these other guys that supposedly have bought or paid into the dealership but haven't received the cars or title.

Anyone have any further contacts they might be able to offer?

I feel for your friend; somedays your the bird, some days your the statue.

Guest Dereiter
I'll relate my experience. In the end it worked out for me, but wasn't 100% as you'll read.

Long detailed story:

(Unrelated story part)

I had my Murci and it was coming near the year ownership time so I would have needed to put around 10k-15k into the car for service, tune, cosmetics, renewal, insurance, etc. The exhaust on it needed to be changed. A manual superleggera popped onto the market. I wanted to buy it but the trade in value the we're giving me was 30k below retail which was a loss I wouldn't personally tolerate. I decided to sell privately. I listed the car myself and actually got close to selling it, but after that fell through I had decided to think about consignment. I called Cats and for some reason they didn't follow up about the consignment. Roy referred me to Kevin, Kevin while friendly didn't send me the consignment contract he said he would. I had also talked to Ken who has the space at the Palazzo in Vegas where Lambo lv was. He's offered to transport my car there on his dime to consign. I didn't want my car that far from me.

(relevant story,still long and detailed.)

Lee from Bellagio called me. He offered to consign for a reasonable rate and also offered to buy the car at a set price if it didn't sell. Recently before, LP member hreu had posted about his excellent dealings with Bellagio. I decided to go with them. They sent a truck to pick up my car (on their dime). The transporter was very knowledgeable about murci's. I didn't have time to go to costa Mesa so everything was over the phone. The only glitch was the contract didn't have the buy clause. I called and Lee said that wasnt the official offer. The payout they were going to give me in the consignment was high so I thought maybe they had an overseas buyer. The car went to Bellagio. Lee was always courteous whenever I called. I later decided myself to reduce my payout from then so they could lower their price and get the car sold. Again I initiated the price drop. At the time they wanted to renew the 90 day contract with the change. I was hesitant but finally said okay. After 90 days I was ready to take my car back and decide what to do. Fred then offered to buy the car at a very reasonable price if I signed another 90 day contract. I decided it was worth the non hassle factor even if it took 3 more months. The whole time all contact with Bellagio had been cordial and friendly.

(the rest) The car still was sitting. One day they called me and asked if I could send the title to them because they were going to try to sell at auction. I was nervous but at this point I figured if the car sold I'd get my money sooner so I sent it FedEx (on their dime). The car didn't bring an adequate sum. Finally one day I noticed my car on Eurocar oc's site. It had been detailed and some of the mods removed. The car then sold in 2 weeks from there. My contract said I would get the money 5 days from sale so I should have already received my money. I waited and finally the 90 days ran out. I called Bellagio and asked for the money. Fred called me and asked to give him 2 weeks to get the funds together. I was nervous but I told him, fine, not a day more. In 2 weeks he sent a check via FedEx and asked me to wait 4 days then deposit it. It bounced sky high. Fred did call me after I received it and told me it would bounce. Now I was scared. I told Fred if I didn't get my money the next day I'd be there with my attorney at his place. He apologized and said he'd send a wire the next morning. Nothing the next day. I called again and he said he sent it but my bank said there was no wire. The next day the wire for the full amount plus fees from the bounced check came through.

In the end it was a successful transaction but obviously some nervous times. I'm lucky that I owned the car outright with money I didn't 'need' otherwise it would have been really scary.

You got an angel of the luck.

I feel for your friend; somedays your the bird, some days your the statue.

Some days you are the hammer, some days the nail....

Some days you are the hammer, some days the nail....

Some days your the "STAR", some days your the girl going home cause you didn't want to be in a double penetration scene with a guy called the "black mamba"

I got fucked over on an SL55 from another dealer.

I had leased it and wanted to move it. Unfortunately the dealer - who I had used many times before - sold the car but kept the $125,000 and didn't pay off the note. Someone else had paid for my car and was driving it, but each month lease payments kept coming out of my account and the leasing company wouldn't let me off the hook.

After screwing around with multiple visits and phone calls, unanswered emails, involving two attorneys and the commercial crimes division of the police, I had still gotten nowhere. We had frozen a bunch of accounts but everything was in his wife's name.

fcuk that. I sent over my buddy who had played pro ball and now was a detective. He went after hours and explained everything to the dealer in a way he could understand. The next day after the dealer got discharged from the hospital, lo and behold the money started returning to the leasing company in small lump sums. Within two months they had been fully paid off and I was discharged.

Very similar situation with one of my wifes cars. Trade the car in and forgot about it, end of the month we still get charged the payment. Dealer gives us the song and dance and we forget about it till the following month when we get charged again for the payment. Same song and dance from the dealer, needless to say we played this game for nearly five months till we decided to get the cops involved at which point we found the car, problem was the new owner had paid for the car in full, hadn't gotten a title! The poor guy would go back to the dealer every 30 days to get a new temp tag. The cops told us that they couldn't get the car back and that the only way we could get it back was to go ahead and file suit, not to mention the fact that the new owner was having no part of giving us the car back either!

Make a long story short, I had kept a spare key to the car. I followed the guy around and waited for him to park the car at which time I simply walked up to the car, hit the alarm button, jumped in the car and took off. While the story had a somewhat happy ending for us, the buyer was SOL and lost all his money, the only drawback to the whole situation was that we got the car back with 9,000 miles more than it had before. At least the buyer had the car serviced and had four new tires put on it while he had it. And the dealer? He was charged with like a 100 counts of fraud, grand theft, etc. After about a year all the charges against him were dropped and the guy went ahead and opened up another dealership literally across the street from where his old one was.

Assman, you have no idea how close you were to getting totally fucked!

I undertand your feelings on doing it in person. Just hasn't been worth the hassle and I always felt up until now that these people were all reputable.

I have bought my last two exotics sight unseen... of course, my buddy gets nailed on his FIRST. :(

Am I the only one who would spend a few hundred dollars to fly out and do a 6 figure purchase in person and require that I leave with the car and title that day?

I'm with you B-Train.

I undertand your feelings on doing it in person. Just hasn't been worth the hassle and I always felt up until now that these people were all reputable.

I have bought my last two exotics sight unseen... of course, my buddy gets nailed on his FIRST. :(

Yeah, but not only do you get to do the deal in person, but you also get to see the car first hand, test drive it, and be exactly sure about it before you buy it. Can do it in less than a day, or make a short weekend vacation out of it if it's somewhere nice. I'd buy new from an authorized dealer unseen, but there is no way in hell I'd buy a used car based solely on pictures. In most cases it's probably fine, but you only gotta get burned once.

Imagine the hassle of having to return a car because you found something wrong or that you felt was misrepresented. Heck of a lot more than a day and a $300 plane ticket...

Yeah, but not only do you get to do the deal in person, but you also get to see the car first hand, test drive it, and be exactly sure about it before you buy it. Can do it in less than a day, or make a short weekend vacation out of it if it's somewhere nice. I'd buy new from an authorized dealer unseen, but there is no way in hell I'd buy a used car based solely on pictures. In most cases it's probably fine, but you only gotta get burned once.

Imagine the hassle of having to return a car because you found something wrong or that you felt was misrepresented. Heck of a lot more than a day and a $300 plane ticket...

Ive done that a few times, the last time I told the dealer if the car I bought didnt make it the 800 miles home, I needed my money back and plane ticket.....In my younger days I bought a used Bentley turbo r and had the suspension fail on the way home...and it went back, and i got my money back! I learned my lesson....

I have bought a lot of cars sight unseen. Most of the time it works out fine, but its a big risk. It's a really good idea to see the car and do the exchange in person.