Hey D. Swiggins?

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new division of the company was formed (Covert Tuning Dynamics) just prior to this project. IPS Motorsports has been around and has (and has had) the world record 1/4 time for an IRS Corvette so making fast cars isn't exactly new to them.

Maybe one day they will catch up with the IRS viper guys :eusa_dance:

Ok. The problem that I posted is this: Not only are the bends in those pipes terrible for airflow (and thus power) but the big mistake is to have them connect the way they do. You should never have a situation where the exhaust gasses from one turbo could flow back into the other turbo. They should have seperate, better flowing exhausts.

Yes, you must be right as they only made 1,950 WHP with the same X-pipe setup! How about the 9.1 @ 177 mph on regular street tires? What about 250 mph in the standing mile? How about the 60-130 of a 3.04? Damn their shit sucks! You should be able to cover all those number with no problem! :drunk:

6 weeks and 4 days!

Exhaust pipes connecting together is wrong, it's terrible for flow. Better make separate exhaust for each cylinder. 12 exhausts flow better than 2, right?

Don't forget 180° bends.

Since you are rebutting his argument why don't you provide that information? For every claim he has made, you have taken a defensive stance. Therefore, you must have inside information to dispute. Do you? Or are you just trying to jump on the band wagon. I haven't seen you around much, but you've been very vocal in calling Wiggs out, calling his goals idiotic (with many more words). What do you know about turbo Lamborghini's, and who are you to argue for a tuner? I'd be surprised if the answer is intelligent.

Best

I'm just using common sense. You should try it.

Don't forget 180° bends.

An X-pipe essentially allows flow from both sides to mix on each side of the exhaust. It's not as clear cut as you say it is, and I'm coming from an engineering background. You can't eyeball this shit

Seriously?

37 post... More then 30 directed to Wiggs. This guy has a major hard on for you.

:lol2:

An X-pipe essentially allows flow from both sides to mix on each side of the exhaust. It's not as clear cut as you say it is, and I'm coming from an engineering background. You can't eyeball this shit

I know what one is.

Not interested in the pillow fight but the engineering of the turbo kit. It does seem that this design also routes heat inward toward the intercooler and the transmission, in addition to the 180 bend. It seems like you could reverse the setup and somehow pull the air in from under the decklid or the factory location. The intercooler would need some design changes but then your exhaust would have a shorter and straighter path, basically 90 degrees and out. The hot side is also toward the outside of the car. Thoughts?

See this is very helpful in a motor with alternating (left bank, right bank) exhaust pulse flow, but in a turbo application that is greatly muted by positive turbo drive pressure (exhaust back pressure), and/or paired cylinder firing on opposite banks.

In either of those cases is becomes all but nothing more than esthetics.

I don't really want to get into the physics of pulse flow, pulse reverberation off the spinning turbine wheel, paired cylinder firing, blah blah in Wiggs thread, but if it comes to that I'm your huckleberry. :turboalex:

Not interested in the pillow fight but the engineering of the turbo kit. It does seem that this design also routes heat inward toward the intercooler and the transmission, in addition to the 180 bend. It seems like you could reverse the setup and somehow pull the air in from under the decklid or the factory location. The intercooler would need some design changes but then your exhaust would have a shorter and straighter path, basically 90 degrees and out. The hot side is also toward the outside of the car. Thoughts?

See this is very helpful in a motor with alternating (left bank, right bank) exhaust pulse flow, but in a turbo application that is greatly muted by positive turbo drive pressure (exhaust back pressure), and/or paired cylinder firing on opposite banks.

In either of those cases is becomes all but nothing more than esthetics.

I don't really want to get into the physics of pulse flow, pulse reverberation off the spinning turbine wheel, paired cylinder firing, blah blah in Wiggs thread, but if it comes to that I'm your huckleberry. :turboalex:

:icon_pidu: HALLELUJAH!!! or however the fcuk you spell it!!

Fail #1.

In theory the X pipe setup should increase exhaust velocity, creating a suction effect from the opposing cylinder bank. This applies in NA applications, not sure if it works as well in turbo applications as the exhaust gasses are routed through the turbo before the X pipe anyway.

I want to say that Heffners older TT setups did not have the X pipe. His newer ones do, so I can only assume it works.

Would be fun to get some input from David or Jason.

In theory the X pipe setup should increase exhaust velocity, creating a suction effect from the opposing cylinder bank. This applies in NA applications, not sure if it works as well in turbo applications as the exhaust gasses are routed through the turbo before the X pipe anyway.

I want to say that Heffners older TT setups did not have the X pipe. His newer ones do, so I can only assume it works.

Would be fun to get some input from David or Jason.

See my above post.