Hey D. Swiggins?

Allan-Herbie

Otherwise, why bother?

It looks pretty? Why else would you charge $50k for $2500 worth of plumbing that utilizes the factory exhaust manifolds.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks pretty? Why else would you charge $50k for $2500 worth of plumbing that utilizes the factory exhaust manifolds.

:icon_mrgreen:

Hallelujah who?? God or Jesus? :icon_mrgreen:

I thought they were one in the same!! :lol2:

You know me, I'm very up on my religious-speak!

As was stated before, It's Dave's money, Dave's business....

for me...

tumblr_l6ydxwslyk1qzgghoo1_r1_400.jpg

:icon_super: :lol2:

Ok. The problem that I posted is this: Not only are the bends in those pipes terrible for airflow (and thus power) but the big mistake is to have them connect the way they do. You should never have a situation where the exhaust gasses from one turbo could flow back into the other turbo. They should have seperate, better flowing exhausts.

Wiggs,

Why couldn't you have posted this 7 pages ago and saved me a shit ton of popcorn memes and general middle school level "it's wrong cause I said so/no it's right cause I said so"!!!!!

You know I am pulling for you and can't wait to see the finished project. That being said you would help your case (not that you care) if you weren't so mysterious all the time. The lovers/haters are following this thread and the build threads because we are truly interested...don't make me dig for the gems all the time.

Seriously?

37 post... More then 30 directed to Wiggs. This guy has a major hard on for you.

The guy is super annoying. I'd brush it off as a newbie learning the board but he has been around for awhile. Obviously he hasn't learned that you have to build a rapport with the fellow members before you can start to bust balls...

Wiggs,

Why couldn't you have posted this 7 pages ago and saved me a shit ton of popcorn memes and general middle school level "it's wrong cause I said so/no it's right cause I said so"!!!!!

You know I am pulling for you and can't wait to see the finished project. That being said you would help your case (not that you care) if you weren't so mysterious all the time. The lovers/haters are following this thread and the build threads because we are truly interested...don't make me dig for the gems all the time.

:lol2: Swallan makes me spread out the drama.

I actually was trying to wait until mine was DONE so I could show the comparisons; hence the mystery.

The guy is super annoying. I'd brush it off as a newbie learning the board but he has been around for awhile. Obviously he hasn't learned that you have to build a rapport with the fellow members before you can start to bust balls...

:iamwithstupid: Sometimes you just can't cure stupid.

Yep! I like how Porter tells him to not call members names and then he calls Him Wigger thinking that calling Dave a white *igger is totally helping his argument. In Allans words, Genious. Lol

Does that make you the Nasa Engineer?

Nope! Those guys couldn't dial in a supercar for real world conditions if they had to. Too much theory involved. Haha. The whole NASA deal....We just happen to have a NASA employee that also works for us as well. They want to test practical automotive applications on some of their products. Great opportunity for everyone, worldwide. This build is not just about beating some record or expectation. It's about doing something different with what we have access to.

Btw! I'm just the guy tuning the car. Do you want credentials? I can provide them. :)

Nope! Those guys couldn't dial in a supercar for real world conditions if they had to. Too much theory involved. Haha. The whole NASA deal....We just happen to have a NASA employee that also works for us as well. They want to test practical automotive applications on some of their products. Great opportunity for everyone, worldwide. This build is not just about beating some record or expectation. It's about doing something different with what we have access to.

Btw! I'm just the guy tuning the car. Do you want credentials? I can provide them. :)

I have a pressing question. Is the below car on your resume of creations? :icon_mrgreen:

l.jpg

I have a pressing question. Is the below car on your resume of creations? :icon_mrgreen:

That's the new Aero!!! Delete it immediatelY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All this fun, while I was car shopping! See Wiggs, I told you I would get you major exposure with your project!

You didn't disappoint! :icon_mrgreen: Enjoy the Spur!

Of course things can be made MUCH better than what UGR does, but the higher temps of the IC, gear box, routing of the pipes etc might not really matter in the real world. This is not F1 where every little modification to gain 1hp/100 rpm earlier turbo spool really matters. The only way I can see that there will be significant gains over UGR was if you got special parts (not off the shelf parts) made for the Murci, like piston, rods, crank so it could rev to 12k RPM (F1 quality), special ECU to control the power. This would give significant results. I'm not sure if the "fail picture" you mentioned is really that fail in real world performance.

The temps of the gear box might be well within limits (even with the exhaust right behind it) and if they are (I have no idea of the temp limits on a G gearbox) it's like having water cooling on a stock CPU. Does it get colder? Yes. Is colder better? Yes. Would you notice any difference? No. Would it be a worth while investment? No.