Hot or not? Porsche Gt2

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's my problem, yellow isn't my favorite color at all.... however I have a local one in perfect condition in my price range and I don't know if I should blow this opportunity since these things never come up and I could be left with nothing. Or I can just sit, wait and hope my stars align again!

Not a fan of the yellow...I wouldn't be happy with it. Almost as bad as a Green Diablo..LOL

im going to go against the grain here.

I love 996's

I like the yellow (although i'd prefer Black), Silver is just too common on a GT2

I hate the CF interior.

I called Jay.... He said....

Bryan_Cole___Jay_Leno.jpg1111.jpg

Ugly in yellow. The 996 interior looks dated to the point that I wouldn't want one on that alone. It's not old enough or cool enough for me to be able to have such a shitty interior.

I think it looks good. Put some black HREs on it with exhaust and tune and call it a day.

Luis, how many guards red GT2's are there?

My motto is: Life is too short to buy grey (silver) car.

Yellow is a bit too flash to porsche but ok as it is the GT2, white would be even better.

Interior color combo is great. All 996 interiors are ugly so who cares.

It is the widow maker, that is coolest thing!

Needs black wheels.

Silver is the best. Yellow is great. it has presence... white is for common folk...

fixed it for you !

Btw a German company Manthey has a fix for the GT2 so it doesn't act like a widow maker anymore.

Luis, how many guards red GT2's are there?

Mike,

There are only a handful of red one's as well. My father actually has the last red 996 GT2 imported to N America. (an 04, the 5 GT2's Imported in 2005 were all either silver or black)

Here it is in a photo with the white GT2 and Silver GT2 I spoke about earlier in the thread at my MNC&C event.

And another photo of the 700whp silver GT2 for sale for $79k (a great deal considering the mods IMO)

i3f614.jpg

fxw8lh.jpg

2rqoosp.jpg

My thought on the yellow car is that if it passes a proper PPI, he should buy it. A clean GT2 in the low $60's is one of the best automotive bang for the buck's out there.

fcuking love it! Reminds me of one of my favorites. Who remembers the CEC Techart ad from the mid 1990's with the 993 Twin Turbo in Yellow with the blacked out wheels with the yellow pin stripe on them? One of the hottest cars of all time in my book. This thing looks great and I love the CF interior with the yellow back racing seats.

wow...a lot of hate for yellow. (weird on a lambo forum where silver is a tough release colour)

I personally think silver sports cars are boring...and i think porsches made after 993's are boring as F***!

the GT2's and GT3RS's are the only ones worth having IMO and this one being yellow certainly helps!

I say go for it.

wow...a lot of hate for yellow. (weird on a lambo forum where silver is a tough resale colour)

I personally think silver sports cars are boring...and i think porsches made after 993's are boring as F***!

the GT2's and GT3RS's are the only ones worth having IMO and this one being yellow certainly helps!

I say go for it.

i3f614.jpg

fxw8lh.jpg

2rqoosp.jpg

Red rocks!

I agree on your note regarding the yellow. Deuce-go for it if it checks out!

wow...a lot of hate for yellow. (weird on a lambo forum where silver is a tough resale colour)

A 911 is no Lamborghini and therefore doesn't wear some colors half as well..

fcuking love it! Reminds me of one of my favorites. Who remembers the CEC Techart ad from the mid 1990's with the 993 Twin Turbo in Yellow with the blacked out wheels with the yellow pin stripe on them? One of the hottest cars of all time in my book. This thing looks great and I love the CF interior with the yellow back racing seats.

I remember that! A guy in my neighborhood has a yellow 993 turbo and it looks pretty wicked.

Has the color started to grow on you, Deuce? I'm starting to change my own opinion the more I think about it. With a couple of mods it can be hot, and since Porsche is a common car (most cant tell the difference between any 2), yellow will really give it some presence. A "different" color on this car (996) could do wonders.

I actually love the yellow, but I can see how Porsche guys like the under stated colors. White would be my top choice, but with only 5 made it may be like searching for a unicorn!

Yellow makes it look like a banana.

I would think about resale....yellow is not a preferred Porsche color. Porsche owners generally tend to be more conservative. If you could find a white one that would be awesome, otherwise stick i'd stick with silver or black.

If you decide on the yellow one, I would try and grind down the price because of the color. Either way you can't go wrong, they are awesome cars. Good luck with the search.

fixed it for you !

Btw a German company Manthey has a fix for the GT2 so it doesn't act like a widow maker anymore.

Ya noooooooo...

Yellow makes it look like a banana.

I would think about resale....yellow is not a preferred Porsche color. Porsche owners generally tend to be more conservative. If you could find a white one that would be awesome, otherwise stick i'd stick with silver or black.

If you decide on the yellow one, I would try and grind down the price because of the color. Either way you can't go wrong, they are awesome cars. Good luck with the search.

You also said my Gallardo TT looked like a banana and hated the color........ :eusa_naughty: