terrible gallardo spyder wreck caught on video

SV-N-IT

What exactly did you expect them to do? Bring a crane in just to flip it? You're not flipping a coin here, no matter what, turning it back right side up is going to cause more damage.

+1. At that point, a few more scratches aren't going to do much more damage. Plus it is wet and they are blocking off the road. I am guessing they want to get it done quickly to avoid any additional incidents.

that ditch should have some guard rails. i am guessing the car flipped as a result of sliding down that steep bank.

if it had rails, it could have been fixable with no injury. there are a lot of dangerous roads out there. cliffs, trees, ditches, even hills can cause flip overs. then there are head on's....

I thought the Spyder had active roll bars? Am I mistaken?

if you watch it again, it looks like they are deployed to me.

CoParts- "car is mint, running with need of top and Bondo. All parts are there, any novice can patch it and drive the next day.. But now and we'll throw in a spruce tree"

What exactly did you expect them to do? Bring a crane in just to flip it? You're not flipping a coin here, no matter what, turning it back right side up is going to cause more damage.

No crane needed. A regular wheel lift with dual winches will do. I would have rolled the car over first and then dragged it out on its wheels rather than roof. The noob failed on his first attempt at rolling it over because he wasn't using a stiff leg. Instead he used the edge of his flatbed and slammed the car down on it lol. And instead of using a snatch block to reposition the G in a space of 5ft he dragged the car 75ft with his tow truck. I would have had the car hooked up and roadway cleared in 5 minutes tops without adding any damage to the car. That guys gotta spend an extra 10 min cleaning up the oil spill and debris.

In the state of California it's illegal to perform a rollover with a flatbed due to the fact that the car always slams down once it's at its tilting point. Oil pans and gas tanks bust open and there have been a lot of cases where cars have caught on fire. A wheel lift with dual winches lets you gently ease the car down avoiding these problems.

The driver side roll bar didn't deploy properly or got too mangled when the rollover occurred which caused the driver side to be much lower. The passenger however walked away.

No crane needed. A regular wheel lift with dual winches will do. I would have rolled the car over first and then dragged it out on its wheels rather than roof. The noob failed on his first attempt at rolling it over because he wasn't using a stiff leg. Instead he used the edge of his flatbed and slammed the car down on it lol. And instead of using a snatch block to reposition the G in a space of 5ft he dragged the car 75ft with his tow truck. I would have had the car hooked up and roadway cleared in 5 minutes tops without adding any damage to the car. That guys gotta spend an extra 10 min cleaning up the oil spill and debris.

In the state of California it's illegal to perform a rollover with a flatbed due to the fact that the car always slams down once it's at its tilting point. Oil pans and gas tanks bust open and there have been a lot of cases where cars have caught on fire. A wheel lift with dual winches lets you gently ease the car down avoiding these problems.

Hmm, I have seen a car flipped over with a tow truck in Norcal with police, ambulance and fire fighters. No one questioned the tow truck driver. The car didn't spill more fluids either once flipped. I agree that the truck driver in the video shouldn't have flipped the car onto his truck. Guess human error and maybe it's more difficult to flip a spyder.

I remember when that car was bought brand new at the dealership. :( That highway is scary even when dry and terrible when wet. That highway+wet+unexperienced driver= bad news bears.

Glad to hear they survived though.

Many other countries use flatbed tow trucks with cranes, it would of made the job quicker; wonder why it's not widely used here in the states?

_large_pk_12000_t_performance.jpg

Hmm, I have seen a car flipped over with a tow truck in Norcal with police, ambulance and fire fighters. No one questioned the tow truck driver. The car didn't spill more fluids either once flipped. I agree that the truck driver in the video shouldn't have flipped the car onto his truck. Guess human error and maybe it's more difficult to flip a spyder.

It all varies on the officer on scene. If it's a commercial officer he'll know all the rules regarding tow trucks so he wouldn't allow it but most regular officers only know the basics when it comes to commercial rules/laws. I own a fleet of 19 tow trucks and have a contract with the California Highway Patrol. If any of my drivers perform a rollover with a flatbed I'll get suspended from rotation.

Jeesh... You guys are all overreacting about how it was towed....

Thatll buff out...

(sorry... Somebody had to say it.)

Jeesh... You guys are all overreacting about how it was towed....

The Clown just called and he's filing a lawsuit against the tow truck company that removed his G from the gas station. :icon_mrgreen: