Young 600+ pound guy asks for help

Gilligan740

I felt like I should share this video. This guy is 23 and weighs between 600-700 pounds and he is asking for help. He clearly hasn't taken (any?) responsibility for his situation but he needs help all the same.

It looks like his video is going viral and hopefully someone will reach out to him.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 25 and our generation is a joke! I'm glad he has watched all of the Dr. Phils about diets. While others are out there working and hitting the gym.

Someone help this fat blob and take his BigMac away that welfare is paying for! I feel bad for kids born with disabilities, this fat fcuk is worthless.

I'm 25 and our generation is a joke! I'm glad he has watched all of the Dr. Phils about diets. While others are out there working and hitting the gym.

Someone help this fat blob and take his BigMac away that welfare is paying for! I feel bad for kids born with disabilities, this fat fcuk is worthless.

Easy, man.

+1.. not to be a dick.. but lock his ass in a basement and feed him 1k calories a day and couple of gallons of water for 6 months.. he will be down to 400ish..

Bariatric surgeons don't work on people that big. They're doctors not miracle workers.

For someone like that to lose the weight it's going to be very difficult. There are a lot of mental demons to beat. Richard Simmons works with people like that. He got one guy from 600-300 lbs and the turd gained it all back.

This kid is like any addict. He may get some help but his chance of success is very small.

So tell us all what you know about this guy...

Nothing?

Figures

Nobody is saying this guy didn't put himself in this position because he clearly did. But if he is serious about changing his life I don't see why he should not be supported in that effort.

I'm as cynical as they come but he is literally dying and he knows it.

Not trying to be a dick- I'm sure someone out there feels sorry for him and wants to help.

I'm in the health care profession and let me put a few things into perspective for you- how much do you think you would have to eat a day to maintain 600-700lbs?

Considering that he is not able to work and yet has the money to support his "habit" and post stuff on YouTube for me to feel bad is a long shot.

Since you're in healthcare, you'll also understand the costs of treating him as his body shuts down and he needs things like trips to the ER on a flatbed truck having been lifted out of his house with a crane. It happens all the time. So let's not pretend the problem will go away if he doesn't get the help he is asking for.

It's a disease. As with any other disease it needs to be treated. There are bariatric surgeons that will treat the morbidly obese.

Alcoholics and drug addicts don't take responsibility initally either. As part of the treatment, therapy is involved. He has a long road ahead.

It's a disease. As with any other disease it needs to be treated. There are bariatric surgeons that will treat the morbidly obese.

Alcoholics and drug addicts don't take responsibility initally either. As part of the treatment, therapy is involved. He has a long road ahead.

:iamwithstupid:

I'm trying to lose like 10-20 lbs. I can't even imagine how hard it is to lose several hundred pounds.

Easy, man.

What an insensitive dick..

+1

My younger brother (18) is very overweight, like 50kg to much.. That always have made me really really sad since he means the world to me..

But now I am so glad and proud to say that he has lost half that overweight now and is on his way down to a more normal level, he is training like a mofo :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: '

I'm sure the "loose 40kg and I will get you a nice car" helped a little ;)

Controlling my eating alone dropped me 50lbs from 300, this guy could easily do even more than that just by stopping junk food and pop and following some decent rules...and that's with ZERO exercise. Keep no food in the house until it's dinner time and have a friend come in and given him his meal for the day...yeah and it will literally be no sweat.

The trouble is that many people with an addiction problem really don't want help. They are looking for sympathy and enablers. As said by others there are several things an addict can do with minimal effort to begin attacking their problem.

I just can't have any sympathy. Sorry. All he had to stop doing 400 pounds ago was stop taking trips to the store and feeding himself with HoHo's and twinkies and the like. He spent a ton of money and time getting there and now wants people to bail him out. No responsibility or ownership of the problem. If you gave him all the help and he didn't earn it, he would be back to that weight in no time at all.

It is just like the old saying goes, if you took all the wealth from the wealthiest people and distributed it to everyone in the world, the wealthy would have it back in no time. Why, because they are willing to work for it and are hungry to succeed. This guy is none of those things as evidenced by his arrival at this form and his lack of just fixing the problem himself. Diet alone would get him down a couple hundred pounds in short order. Then he could start to move around and facilitate getting some fitness. He is not getting a workout by holding his hand out... We are not talking about someone who is bone poor that was born into poverty in the Sudan here. This is typical of his generation in the good 'ole US of A (disclaimer with that statement, not all of his generation is like that viz GBGallardo or Sprite).

Not trying to be a dick- I'm sure someone out there feels sorry for him and wants to help.

I'm in the health care profession and let me put a few things into perspective for you- how much do you think you would have to eat a day to maintain 600-700lbs?

Considering that he is not able to work and yet has the money to support his "habit" and post stuff on YouTube for me to feel bad is a long shot.

I has a long diatribe written but I decided to just say, I don't think Satpoint is that far off base.

Also Jpegs...if you know a bariatric surgeon that will do this person stay far away, he's probably a crook. This person would have to get near 500 lbs even to be considered by a real bariatric surgeon. He'd also have to get psychological testing.

I watxh these shows all the time on TLC out of curiousity like the guy who was 1000+ pounds and I just watched one last weekend with a girl who was 700 pounds. The only overweight people i feel sorry for are kids because it is usually the fault if the parent in that case. Unless you are a bobybuilder or a huge football or basketball player no one should be near 300 pounds. So I really cant comprehend how people dont start having these realizations at that weight. Why does it take someone to be 600 pounds before they say oops I should probably do something about this now. Im sure people will help this guy but and i have no doubt he will lose a considerable amount of weight but the real test of his wanting to get healthier will be if he can keep the weight off.

You gain 5 or 10lbs it's because pizza is tasty. You gain enough weight to sink a battleship it's because you have serious mental and physical problems. This young man is SICK both mentally and physically. He is reaching out for help.

I could write a tome on this subject but it's not worth it because he's going to die soon anyway. One of the worst things to see however is a human crying out for help and someone slamming the door on their face. Pray to god you are never in a situation where you need a caregiver with empathy.

You gain 5 or 10lbs it's because pizza is tasty. You gain enough weight to sink a battleship it's because you have serious mental and physical problems. This young man is SICK both mentally and physically. He is reaching out for help.

I could write a tome on this subject but it's not worth it because he's going to die soon anyway. One of the worst things to see however is a human crying out for help and someone slamming the door on their face. Pray to god you are never in a situation where you need a caregiver with empathy.

Very well put.

It's a disease. Physical and mental. But mostly mental. A lot just has to do with behavioral habits. I went to Europe for six weeks last summer. Walked my ass off, ate whatever/whenever I wanted, drank REAL beer, ate ice cream (Germans love it), and I just SHED weight. Come back to the States, and eventually put it all back on and more.

American food? Shit

American transportation? Shit. (Everyone drives everywhere. Drive to gym, park close to buildings).

American eating habits? Shit. (Always in a hurry - I hear this from every immigrant, they all convert to the "American" way of doing things: HURRY HURRY HURRY).

It takes serious conscious decision making to eat right and keep healthy in certain parts of this country, especially the Midwest. Sure, no one is holding a gun to your head, but your environment DOES affect your situation.

Im sorry but I think thats crap. There are plenty of Americans in awesome shape so the food and other stuff generalized to America doesnt work. It's all about willpower. There are people who smoke for 20 years and stop cold turkey, the ones who cant just dont have the willpower. I feel the same way about weight. The only medical excuse I find valid for weight probelms is a glandular issue.