Monterey Blue LP640 Roadster...

Awesome color I agree...CHECK THE CARFAX!!!

Listed as BuyBack...

Vehicle Information:

2009 LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO

VIN: ZHWBU47S69LA03633

CONVERTIBLE

6.5L V12 FI DOHC 48V

ALL WHEEL DRIVE

Standard Equipment | Safety Options

Branded Title: Buyback/Lemon

No accident / damage reported to CARFAX

3Previous owners

Personal vehicle

2,765 Last reported odometer reading

$1,820 Below retail book value

This CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX and available as of 3/22/12 at 9:43:42 PM (EDT). Other information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.

Price Calculator™

Adjust the value of this 2009 Lamborghini Murcielago based on the information available in this report

1) Retail Book Value

3) Adjusted Retail Value

2) CARFAX Price Adjustment™

$

Enter retail book value here

Begin by entering

the retail book value

- $1,820

Below retail book value

Ownership History

The number of owners is estimated Owner 1 Owner 2 Owner 3

Year purchased 2010 2011 2011

Type of owner Personal Personal Personal

Estimated length of ownership 1 yr. 7 mo. 1 month 4 months

Owned in the following states/provinces California California California

Estimated miles driven per year --- --- ---

Last reported odometer reading 89 --- 2,765

Title History

CARFAX guarantees the information in this section Owner 1 Owner 2 Owner 3

Salvage | Junk | Rebuilt | Fire | Flood | Hail | Lemon No Problem No Problem Alert!

Problem Found

Not Actual Mileage | Exceeds Mechanical Limits No Problem No Problem No Problem

Alert! Severe problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). This vehicle does not qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee.

Additional History

Not all accidents / issues are reported to CARFAX Owner 1 Owner 2 Owner 3

Total Loss

No total loss reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported

Structural Damage

No structural damage reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported

Airbag Deployment

No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported

Odometer Check

No indication of an odometer rollback.

No Issues Indicated

No Issues Indicated

No Issues Indicated

Accident / Damage

No accidents or damage reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported

No Issues Reported

Manufacturer Recall

Check with an authorized Lamborghini dealer for any open recalls.

Ask Your

Dealer

Ask Your

Dealer

Ask Your

Dealer

Glossary

Detailed History

Owner 1

Purchased: 2010

Type: Personal

Where: California

Est. length owned: 3/3/10 - 10/10/11

(1 yr. 7 mo.)

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:

03/12/2009 US Customs Vehicle imported to

San Diego, CA

03/19/2009 62 Rolls Royce of Beverly Hills

Beverly Hills, CA

310-659-4050

ogaracoach.com Vehicle offered for sale

03/03/2010 89 California

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Manhattan Beach, CA Odometer reading reported

Registered as

personal vehicle

03/11/2010 California

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Manhattan Beach, CA Title issued or updated

First owner reported

Loan or lien reported

Owner 2

Purchased: 2011

Est. length owned: 10/10/11 - 11/11/11

(1 month)

10/10/2011 California

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Manhattan Beach, CA Title issued or updated

New owner reported

Loan or lien reported

Owner 3

Purchased: 2011

Est. length owned: 11/11/11 - 3/16/12

(4 months)

11/11/2011 2,765 California

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Irving, TX Odometer reading reported

12/09/2011 California

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Irving, TX New owner reported

MANUFACTURER BUYBACK

OR LEMON REPORTED

03/16/2012 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale

Buyback just means repeated mechanical issue. More than likely repaired by dealer and resold. Smokin' color, I'd love to get my hands on a clear bonnet. Anybody know where to get one?

Buyback just means repeated mechanical issue. More than likely repaired by dealer and resold. Smokin' color, I'd love to get my hands on a clear bonnet. Anybody know where to get one?

Yes it COULD mean repeated mechanical issues...but it DOES impact the resale value just the same and hopefully, they will CPO this car and offer a complete warranty at no additional up charge. And yes, my favorite color of all time as well!

Yes it COULD mean repeated mechanical issues...but it DOES impact the resale value just the same and hopefully, they will CPO this car and offer a complete warranty at no additional up charge. And yes, my favorite color of all time as well!

Do you think the price reflects the BUYBACK title? I know the general rule for salvage is 50% back on retail, whats the general rule for a bayback?

The color is awesome, but with so many nice cars to pick from, I wouldn't touch this one with this CarFax. Life is too short to buy a car with a "story". JMHO.

noticed that it was originally sold in California... aren't their lemon laws on the lax side as far as "returning" a car?

• 3 weeks later...

I went to take a look at this car over the weekend. Here's the story: The car was bought from O'Gara in LA, guy put oversized rims on it killing the viscous coupling and the front diff, wants Lambo to fix it for free, lawsuit follows and lasts 8 months, Lambo NA ends up buying the car back under Lemon Law, fixing it up and giving it to Lambo Newport Beach.

Now the car still has 1 year left on the original warranty. I drove the car and it felt like a peach. BUT, supposedly because the original owner also installed custom Kenwood speakers and amp in the front, the car is not eligible for CPO.

So while I'm tentatively interested in the car and Lambo NA did seem to fix everything perfectly, once the car is out of warranty it's definitely going to be a "story car". They've priced it somewhat accordingly (255k asking for 2800 mile '09 car is probably 15-20k under market), but I'd still worry about sitting on a car that's hard to unload again given the Carfax.

Any thoughts?

I went to take a look at this car over the weekend. Here's the story: The car was bought from O'Gara in LA, guy put oversized rims on it killing the viscous coupling and the front diff, wants Lambo to fix it for free, lawsuit follows and lasts 8 months, Lambo NA ends up buying the car back under Lemon Law, fixing it up and giving it to Lambo Newport Beach.

Now the car still has 1 year left on the original warranty. I drove the car and it felt like a peach. BUT, supposedly because the original owner also installed custom Kenwood speakers and amp in the front, the car is not eligible for CPO.

So while I'm tentatively interested in the car and Lambo NA did seem to fix everything perfectly, once the car is out of warranty it's definitely going to be a "story car". They've priced it somewhat accordingly (255k asking for 2800 mile '09 car is probably 15-20k under market), but I'd still worry about sitting on a car that's hard to unload again given the Carfax.

Any thoughts?

The biggest issue is the resale value of the car. I think spending an extra 15k for a "cleaner" title is the better thing to do.

When I looked at it in ~ Feb.12th I noticed a small door ding on the passenger side. I was told it happened when it went out to detail..Looking at the paint closely it did not look that great for a car with those miles. I was also told the car was traded in by a client of theirs??Beautiful color and the clear bonnet is a nice option.